WIP Converting friends mods from GTA series to BeamNG.Drive

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Rand0mPsych0, Aug 23, 2013.

1. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

It's not hard to port mesh's. It IS hard to make your own.

Ummm, wat? How would it be any different if you were to port?

2. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

Ummm, wat? How would it be any different if you were to port?[/QUOTE]

If I were to create my own (my Smart ForTwo), I would only get appreciation from those who use the model, but if I were to convert a model, I'd get appreciation from those who use it, those who want to know how to convert, those who liked the model before it was in the game, and the creator.

Imho, I really don't care about the appreciation, all I really want to do is overcome my "start a project, but never finish" aspect of myself.

3. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Grow a pair of balls, and finish projects. Using that appreciation excuse is really lame in my opinion, makes it seem like you're only here for popularity....

4. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

For this project, it is fairly hard, It's a 6 in 1 pack, so I have to split them all up, then separate the chassis from the parent cab, then I have to script it, which I don't know anything about.

5. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

But some how, it would be way easier to port a mesh from somewhere else, right?

Looks to me like it won't be easier to port a mesh, especially if you haven't a clue of how to get the vehicle driving...

6. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

As I said, I don't care for the attention, I just get frustrated when it comes to coding and most of the time give up. The only reason I haven't actually stopped is because I, for once in my life, believe I can do something that I once though impossible.

So, please, if you want to reply, try not to insult me, I have enough of that to deal with irl. As for the mod, I have made excellent progress with it, I'm just stuck on getting it to show up in the game.

7. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

My point is, you made a thread asking about porting someone else's mesh, when you can't even get your own mesh to show up. Figure out the node and beam stuff, then come back asking to put more things in game.

Also, re-read my posts. I didn't insult you...

8. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

I shouldn't have been so vague, I'm slowly learning how it works, I only started doing 3D modeling a month ago, as for scripting, I've only just begun to grasp how it works.

The only problem I'm having is how the truck is set up, it makes it a little hard to script, the cab, gas tank, engine, transmission, and drive shaft are all one piece.

9. bratska77

bratska77
    Expand Collapse

As far as i understand, you are going to have to separate those pieces into at least somewhat functional parts. Since BeamNG.Drive is a physics simulator more than a driving "simulator" (game), the cars don't exactly work unless they are made and set up in a realistic manner... i.e. suspension, drivetrain, body, ect.... The sky isn't even the limit as far as what you can implement in Beam.NG, you just have to go about it with physics, functionality, and realism in mind.

10. Rand0mPsych0

Rand0mPsych0
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I have to split up the suspension and model the drive train. This mod was meant for gta:sa, and the way he had it set up, the texture pack held the engine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice