WIP Beta released Crashgrounds - Abandoned Crash Test Island - Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by nobeam, Jan 23, 2024.

1. nobeam

nobeam
    Expand Collapse

Version 1.6 is released on the Repository! So I've created this discussion thread now that I consider the map finished, but im still interested if there are issues or suggestions. 1.6 will bring a lot of performance improvements and bug figes. And also new areas. Please clean your cache if you have texture problems.

Map Backstory
    The island was very busy in the 1970's and at the forefront of "alternative" crash testing. But after a major incident the island was abandoned and forgotten in time. You can now visit and explore the island, but please do so at your own risk!

This map took ages to develop, please consider joining my patreon for early access to future maps!

This map would not be possible without enormous help from friends in the community and my patreons! Thanks so much for the support!

screenshot_2023-01-16_16-25-41.jpg screenshot_2023-01-16_16-16-22.jpg screenshot_2023-01-16_16-14-28.jpg screenshot_2023-01-08_16-49-08.jpg screenshot_2023-01-08_16-04-03.jpg screenshot_2023-01-08_16-58-42.jpg screenshot_2023-01-08_16-07-35.jpg

MAP FEATURES
    PBR Terrain
    Scenic Ring road around the island (Ai support)
    Ring road is also a WILD racetrack with TimeTrial
    Beach area
    Lake area
    "The last of us" Checkpoint
    Secret cave with Crash Dummies from the great CrashHard! (doubles as showroom/photostudio (use dynamic reflection resolution 1024 for best reflections of lights in cave)
    Crawling trails
    Airstrip
    Dirt/rally roads across the island dirt/mud/rocks Cliff road without railing (perfect for hillclimb/rally)
    Drifting area
    Some Night time lights
    Underground facility
    "Pier of Speed" arrival pier with a target jump
    CrashCorp HQ area with some buildings
    Racetrack specially made for Drifting, located at the map centre, with its own gas station and a special "scenic turn" with a sheer drop Explore the Shore / easter egg area

This map has the following “test” tracks/sites:
    -Flat airport/test drag strip
    -Flat suspension test track
    -Jump of death
    -Gigaramp/jump
    -Long stairs
    -Destruction decline bumpy road
    -Long dstruction decline with obstacles
    -Destruction decline "DEAD END"
    -Crash test site (top speed tunnel)
    -Rollercoaster of destruction (tube)

Special thanks to Spealer for knowledge support, inspiration and help CarKiller for lots of help during building the map, and optimizing CrashHard for main insipiration and allowing his crash test dummies to be a feature HighDefGaming for bug trouble shooting and great mission tutorials.
    Also I have gotten great momentum showcasing the map from youtubers such as Spealer, Camodo Gaming, Simulator Adventures, BeamBot, CrashBoomPunk, CrashHard and more. Big thanks!

#1 nobeam, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  2. nobeam

nobeam
    Expand Collapse

New update is out of eary access:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/crashgrounds.28976/

Hope it works well, if you have any texture problems. Try cleaning cache before posting issues. Thanks in advance.

Im planning on doing a revealing of all easter eggs video soon on my channel. So stay tuned for that

3. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

Was the incident in the 70's too ?

4. nobeam

nobeam
    Expand Collapse

Yes! ::)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikah 01

Mikah 01
    Expand Collapse

Little irony being the fact that it has two 80's vehicles : the d-series and the DT40L

• Like Like x 1
  6. nobeam

nobeam
    Expand Collapse

Good news to anyone experiencing the black skybox glitching. Seems to be fixed in the latest 0.32 update! :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Good observation ;D Had to put some beam vehicles in there so went a little away from the script :p Could be some time glitch tough :p who knows

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice