Crazy 6x6 Idea help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by mano11, Jun 9, 2017.

1. mano11

mano11
    Expand Collapse

I am interested in tinkering around with an old mod just for fun (obviously wouldn't re-upload without the mod authors permission). I have an old version of AR162B's trailerpack mod in which the trailers are a part you add on to the truck and not their own, separate vehicle like in the latest version of that mod. Basically what I want to do is take the rear most axle on the gooseneck trailer and make it a "live" axle. IRL I think something like this could be done using a 2nd transfer case in the driveline with a hydraulic pump hooked up to it, running back to a hydraulic motor mounted to the (SWAPPED OUT TRUCK REAR END) trailer axle that could be engaged and disengaged at will. for the sake of simplicity in beamng though I was wondering if this could be done through some editing of the trailer axle JBEAM file (maybe swapping in the D series front suspension with the transfer case to engage\disengage "trailer drive" at will)? Does this sound possible and/or feasible, and does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about setting this up? Thanks for any help in advance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice