Outdated CRD Monster Truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by SealedGecko, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You can easily increase the ride height by editing a parameter in each of the suspension files.

Open each of the relevant JBeam files (CRDTest_suspension_F, CRDTest_suspension_R) and look for these sections:

Front:
    Code:
    {"beamSpring":27000,"beamDeform":100000000,"beamStrength":98000000},
    {"beamLimitSpring":37000,"beamLimitDamp":20000},
    {"beamDamp":2000},
    {"beamPrecompression":1.2, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.4, "beamShortBound":0.1},
    ["fasm21","SM80", {"beamDampRebound":4000}],
    ["fasm22","SM79", {"beamDampRebound":4000}],
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1, "beamShortBound":1},
    Rear:
    Code:
    {"beamSpring":27000,"beamDeform":5900000,"beamStrength":9800000},
    {"beamLimitSpring":37000,"beamLimitDamp":20000},
    {"beamDamp":2000},
    {"beamPrecompression":1.2, "beamType":"|BOUNDED", "beamLongBound":0.4, "beamShortBound":0.1},
    ["rasm21","SM56", {"beamDampRebound":4000}],
    ["rasm22","SM82", {"beamDampRebound":4000}],
    {"beamPrecompression":1, "beamType":"|NORMAL", "beamLongBound":1, "beamShortBound":1},
    Edit the value for beamPrecompression, higher values mean increased ride height.

In the attachment, you can see how the vehicle looks with beamPrecompression: 1.4.

Attached Files:

• IncreasedRideHeight.jpg
  2. Dr.pain

Dr.pain
    Expand Collapse

sorry not height but weight

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Ah, well, then, get my modifications pack, it features heavier wheels all round (from around 660lbs/300kg to 1060lbs/480kgs each).

The wheelhub nodes are also slightly heavier.

That should do the trick! :D

4. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

I do not see your Modifications pack, not even by search. Can you link it?

5. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It's in this very thread... :)

As mentioned earlier, my modifications include:

- Fixed a few alignment issues with the main texture (like the asymmetrical MonsterJam logos at the rear)
    - Enabled reflections on the body
    - Replaced the Ford oval emblem with a sharper looking, blue one, and centered it
    - Added a steering wheel (opted for one of meshes available with the universal steering wheel system, Nomi Mod. 307R)
    - Fixed a couple of issues with the wheels (like, the wheel meshes appearing as slightly detached from the wheelhubs)
    - Made the wheels a little bit heavier and tweaked a few parameters to prevent tire stretching/spiking during drifts
    - Made the driveshaft a tad stronger so that the truck can make high jumps without exploding in a bajillion pieces upon landing/hit a wall @ speeds higher than 30km/h without crashing the physics engine.

Also, here you can find a couple addons for this mod.

Right now I'm working on:

- A more powerful engine (currently @ 922HP / 92km/h top, a bit on the low side for a monster truck 540CI Merlin engine) - need to fix a few issues with the suspension system first, the truck veers vehemently to the right when exceeding the current top speed, causing permanent damage to the shock absorbers on the right side of the vehicle.
    - A fully beamed shell

6. Dr.pain

Dr.pain
    Expand Collapse

but why all car flying like from paper? :-(

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Are you trying to run other cars over?

Unless they're held in place, most vehicles would be pushed away when hit by a monster truck, even in real life. During monster truck shows, crush cars are usually grounded and chained together, and often have their wheels removed so they can't move. Also, ramps can be set in place to help the truck climbing over stationary obstacles.

In BeamNG, you can activate the permanent parking brake (P) for the vehicle you want to run over, or remove its wheels from the parts selector. Or, you can use ramps! ;)

EDIT - Even just the parking brake seems to work fine for me. :)

Attached Files:

• ParkingBrake.jpg
    #47 Deleted member 160369, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2016
  8. Dr.pain

Dr.pain
    Expand Collapse

yes yes but why monster truck flying like from paper? :-( monster truck have much much tons but in beamng is not this height

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You mean, it's difficult to control the truck?

Mind you this vehicle weights about 7 tonnes according to the internal node/beam statistics, which is even more than real life monster trucks, so I don't think weight is the issue. Monster trucks are likely this difficult to control in real life too: high & bursty power output, ultrasoft springs, high center of gravity and knobby tires are not ideal for precise, effortless handling. Rollovers in a vehicle like this are probably much easier than you think.

Speaking personally, I don't have any particular problem when driving this truck, unless I'm trying to take tight bends at full throttle. Even then, it oversteers like mad and drifts away, which is exactly what I'd expect it to do in a situation like this.

10. dxp96

dxp96
    Expand Collapse

great mod but needs stiffer links the axles can be very shaky at time. could you add sway bars on it?

11. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

This plus the steering ratio is very low, making it very difficult to maneuver. Can you add rear-wheel steering to it? Or at least increase the steering ratio of the front wheels.

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Shaking is (sort of) fixed with my edited parts (both modifying the suspension nodes geometry and reworking the wheels helped reducing shaking to a minimum).
    There's an optional steerable rear axle available in the original mod. All you need is to swap the default rear axle with the steerable one in the parts selector. You can also make it the default option with a quick and easy modification of the main JBeam file.

13. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

i love this thing way too much
    20160722222751_1.jpg 20160722222037_1.jpg

14. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Probably just like I put a D15 body on the CRD chassis earlier on: you can put any mesh that fits on top of it by simply editing the main file.

Looking at that T-series, I think it might be a better alternative for a fully JBeamed body (I've been trying to convert the beam structure for the D15, but I'm encountering some difficulty), too bad I'm away for work and can't do much... :(

BTW, I have a couple more skins for the original Ford shell. Original designs this time (no real life equivalent). Waiting for permission from the author. Is anyone interested?

16. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

the world editor. the front wheels hate the fenders of the T-series

your welcome for the idea and yes, more skins but could you make them selectable?

17. CrossEyedSpyder

CrossEyedSpyder
    Expand Collapse

this is good but the tires do not appear :(

18. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I'll se what I can do about that. Mind you I'm a total noob in that regard. I'm pretty sure I could come up with... something? if I give it a try but right now I don't even know where to start. Bear with me! :)

So far, I've been littering my vehicle selector screen with more and more separate vehicles, which allowed customized textures for some color-coded parts (the upcoming MadUSA conversion is sporting some fancy, bight pink alloys!). Giving this a try won't hurt, though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

you could try using the in-game skin selector

20. jackaboy

jackaboy
    Expand Collapse

my monster truck is broken my truck has no body just the frame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice