Creating a New Car

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by domiscrazzy, Nov 18, 2017.

1. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

I know, I know, i should start off small with something like a Car Skin, or something like that, because cars are difficult to make, or so I read. But my problem is with Blender. I was following BeamNG's Instructions, at https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation, but whenever I got to "Open up Blender and edit the default cube," I tried, and blender would open up, but the screen all white, with a blue top, saying "Blender", and the 3 buttons, minimize, Maximize, and Close. I feel like I'm missing something. Any ideas? Please and thank you! (If I make anything good, expect me to post it.)

2. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

This is what i get when i open up blender.

In this picture, i have had Blender open for a little bit, now, and I can't seem to do anything to fix it.
    If you have any ideas, please post them, (Even if they don't actually work.)

3. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

What's your OS? It could be your OS.

4. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

It looks like either Windows 7 or 8, just with the classic theme/performance mode on

5. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

This is going to sound.. What's the word.. Childish, but what is "OS"?

6. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

oh.

-- Post Updated and written by workclock1 --

Maybe your Blender is out-of-date?
    --- Post updated ---
    Operating System

7. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Okay, yes, it is Windows 8, and i just got the most recent version today. Any other ideas?

8. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

What tabs do you have open when you try to open blender?

9. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything about Blender... But does it have minimum system requirements? If so, make sure your computer meets them

10. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Google Chrome

11. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Oh, then try closing everything and try it again. If that doesn't work, try YouTube

12. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Same outcome. I tried looking up things like "Blender opens all white on start up", and I didn't find anything. Someone said something like "Same problem, Blender shows up after about 10 minutes", but that didn't work for me. Thanks for trying to help, and if you have any more ideas, I'd like to hear them

#12 domiscrazzy, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  13. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Alright, sorry for no luck, never had this problem, just went off some "possible fixes" i found up there in my folder of fixes in my brain.

14. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

What GPU do you have? And are the drivers for it up to date?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Im'a say the same thing I said earlier. "This is going to sound.. What's the word.. Childish, but what is "GPU"?" and How do i check how up to date the "drivers" are? (I sound like an idiot, I only mess around with things I can figure out.)

16. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Its your Graphics card he is asking about, GPU= Graphics Processing Unit.

Drivers, well I sadly can't provide a simple explanation, someone else can do that.

17. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

If you right click your desktop, you should get a dropdown menu. On it, there'll either be a button that says Nvidia control panel, 2 buttons that say Graphics Properties and Graphics Options, or something about AMD. Basically, I'm trying to figure out the make of your GPU, so I can point you in the right direction of updating the drivers. Also, if you could get the information about your processor and RAM, that may help slightly. You can do this by going to the file browser and rightclicking Computer on the left, then clicking on properties. A window will pop up, and it will tell you about them about half way down

18. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Umm...
    What?

19. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Haha, okay. I apollogize for the potential spam, but I'll do screenshots.
    Basically, you go to this. The Explorer, where you go when you open a folder.
    On the left, where it says 'favourites' and all that, you see where it says 'Computer' near the bottom. Right click on that and you'll get a drop down menu appear

On that, click on the 'Properties' button, right at the bottom. You'll then get a new window pop up that looks like this:

Under the System line, you can see where it says 'Manufacturer', 'Raiting' and so on. The info I'm interested in are the 'Processor' 'Installed Memory (RAM), and why it may be unrelated to our problem, the 'System Type' aswell.

I apollogize for explaining it like this, but I'm really no good at explaining anything. All I can do is help out until someone who knows more than me hopefully saves the day
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, more image spam. But when you right click your desktop, you'll get this pop up

If you do the same, where mine says Nvidia Control Panel, tell me if your's says the same, or if it has 2 buttons about Graphics Options and Graphics Properties. It might also say something about AMD instead. If it's like mine above and mentions both AMD and Nvidia, then we should still be able to figure it out

20. domiscrazzy

domiscrazzy
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the slow reply.
    Okay, Processor is AMD A4-4300M APU with Redeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.50 GHz
    Installed Memory - 4GB (3.46 GB usable)
    System Type - 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    Its "AMD" when i right click on desktop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice