Creating my first mod, have some questions about modeling.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Nenry, May 28, 2018.

1. Nenry

Nenry
    Expand Collapse

So I’m creating a mod heavily based on a famous Le Mans car (kinda want it to be a surprise for now). I know very little about things specifically to beamng, honestly, but know how to 3D model well. Anyways, most cars have a nosecone and front and left fender, while the car I’m modeling has a solid nose that could be classified as a nosecone, no fenders. If I just leave fenders out of the model, will it affect the final product?

I know this is worded weirdly and will happily clarify if need be. Thanks!

2. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

no, it'll just simply be put together in 1 jbeam as 1 part

3. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

When you create a Jbeam, you are not required to follow a specific set of rules that govern exactly what parts must be included. If your car does not have detachable fenders, your Jbeam shouldn't either. However, your Jbeam should still included that section of the vehicle. Otherwise, you'd get some strange deformation during crashes.
    Does this answer your question?

Also, welcome to the forums! It’s super cool that you are interested in learning to create mods :)

#3 EcoNadder77, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

If you take a look at the Gavril Vendetta, it's front fascia and fenders are all one piece and they perform just fine.

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice