Custom Ad Carriers

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by BradyBrother100, Sep 30, 2025.

  1. BradyBrother100

    BradyBrother100
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2020
    Messages:
    33
    I am currently trying to add custom ad carriers to the Wentward Bus, although I don't think it matters since the jbeam file is for any vehicle that has carriers. I am to a point where my ad skin shows up in the Vehicle Selector (Frame > Body > Ad Carriers > Advertisement > Ride for Free), but the Pointe and Turboburger ads no longer show up. My skin also does not show on the bus, it's just white.
    upload_2025-9-29_22-19-0.png
    Here is the folder structure so far^^^^

    Here is the taxi_ads.jbeam contains:

    {
    "taxi_ad_transfortfree": {
    "information":{
    "authors":"BradyBrother100",
    "name":"Ride for Free",
    "value":10,
    },
    "slotType" : "skin_taxi_ad",
    "globalSkin" : "transfortfree",
    },
    }

    Here is what is the .json contains:
    {
    "adcarrier_ad.skin_taxi_ad.transfortfree" : {
    "name" : "adcarrier_ad.skin_taxi_ad.transfortfree",
    "class" : "Material",
    "persistentId" : "af579ef9-8e7f-4ffe-844b-7abaa27b2874",
    "Stages" : [
    {
    "colorMap" : "vehicles/common/null.dds",
    "normalMap" : "adcarrier_ad_n.dds",
    "pixelSpecular" : true,
    "specularMap" : "/vehicles/common/null.dds",
    "specularPower" : 128,
    "useAnisotropic" : true
    },
    {
    "colorMap" : "adcarrier_ad_d_transfortfree.dds",
    "normalMap" : "adcarrier_ad_n.dds",
    "pixelSpecular" : true,
    "specularMap" : "adcarrier_ad_s.dds",
    "specularPower" : 32,
    "useAnisotropic" : true
    },
    {},
    {}
    ],
    "alphaRef" : 0,
    "dynamicCubemap" : true,
    "mapTo" : "adcarrier_ad.skin_taxi_ad.transfortfree",
    "materialTag0" : "beamng",
    "materialTag1" : "vehicle",
    "translucent" : true,
    "translucentBlendOp" : "None"
    }
    }


    I feel like I'm so close to getting it work. Any help is appreciated!
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice