Custom Shaders and visual options

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Carbunny2, Sep 9, 2025.

  1. Carbunny2

    Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    143
    I think it would be cool to be able to apply shaders and other visual effects to the game optionally. It might not do much, but it could spice up the mood of the game for screenshots, video, or just to have a certain aesthetic. What do you think?
     
    #1 Carbunny2, Sep 9, 2025
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2025
  2. Carbunny2

    Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2015
    Messages:
    143
    I mention this because I was inspired by the way Rigs of Rods looked and I thought it would be neat to make BeamNG look like a sequel to it! I know this is a thread bump but it would be nice if people was to entertain the idea.

    EDIT: Just wanted to mention that old game graphics inspired this too. It's not because of it being pixelated or low poly like a lot of indie games might go for, but for (like I said) the shading and color pallete.
     
    #2 Carbunny2, Sep 22, 2025
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2025
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice