Custom sounds for beamng 0.4.2.0

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ned228, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jtreign9097

jtreign9097
    Expand Collapse

if you seen my post i have it setup to documents/BeamNG.drive/mods/vehicles/van/sounds with the sbeam in that folder...
    i will attempt to make ogg files Mono since they are dual channel i noticed.. i also tried putting sounds in the sounds folder instead and changing the sbeam to find them in that location.. same problem... it may be that they are stereo and not mono if this even matters... they were converted from wave to oqq so maybe that was the culprit and maybe the sampling rate was too high?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this matter i did notice they are 2 channel files so they are not mono..also can i use wave or mp3? or is the system hell bent on oddball .ogg format?

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

ogg isnt really that oddball, pretty well supported across the board, basically only windows media player that doesnt support it.

Audacity can export to ogg for free, it can also merge your 2 channels into one.

3. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

I've had success using a WAV file. I haven't tried MP3, as usually they don't loop well.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it matters, it has to be mono.

5. ned228

ned228
    Expand Collapse

How do you make a reverse beep for certain transmissions and not others.
    thanks

6. ned228

ned228
    Expand Collapse

That did not help. I tried to play the sound at a node and the truck fell apart. Maybe I did it wrong but it did not work.

7. ned228

ned228
    Expand Collapse

Dummiesman If you are watching this thread could you please tell me how to make sound for specific transmissions. That would be much appreciated. I have tried this and and could only get it to work when using the I6 engine. However when I select the v8 engine the sound for the transmission no longer plays. How would I fix this?

8. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

I don´t understand this much.. but I think you need to Set the V8 with the transmission as a specific part that uses that sond so you not only have like

2.0L I6 engine, 5speed manual transmission

You would need to add V8 + Transmission

9. ned228

ned228
    Expand Collapse

I am talking about the van where all of the transmissions are in the i6 jbeam. For that I am trying to make the flatbed and cargo box configs have a reverse beep while the other configs have no reverse beep. How ever both trucks have the v8 engines. So how would I set it so the transmissions have sound even in the v8 engine.

10. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

I'm having trouble with a mod of mine.

I'm using @TelemaX® 's custom engine sounds (don't worry, will not release this until permission granted) to give a custom sound for my v8 engine. I have an engine group in my V8 to play the V8 sound, but the game plays both the default and v8 engine sounds when the V8 engine is loaded.

Here is the sound jbeam:

Code:
    {
      "modifiers":[
      ["name",        "source",    "factor",    "offset",    "min",    "max"],
      ["engine_throttle", "throttle", 1,        0,        0.65,    1],
      ],
      "sounds":[
      ["group",  "filename",                     "profile",  "nodeName", "source", "factor", "offset", "minVolume", "minPitch", "maxVolume", "maxPitch", "pitchBlendInStartValue", "pitchBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendInStartValue",  "volumeBlendInEndValue", "volumeBlendOutStartValue", "volumeBlendOutEndValue", "volumeModifiers",  "pitchModifiers"],
      ["default", "vehicles/enginesounds/sbr4/exotic_sbr4.ogg",      "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",  "rpm",  1,  0,  0,  0,  1,  2,  200,  "MAXRPM",  0,  200,  999998,  999999,  ["engine_throttle"], []  ],
      ["v8",      "vehicles/enginesounds/new_v8/gto.ogg",        "AudioDefaultLoop3D", "ENGINE",  "rpm",  1,  0,  0,  0,  1,  2,  200,  "MAXRPM",  0,  200,  999998,  999999,  ["engine_throttle"], []  ],
       ]
    }

In my engine jbeam, I have this:

Code:
    "engine":{
      "idleRPM":1600,
      "shiftDownRPM":5000,
      "shiftUpRPM":9100,
      "maxRPM":9500,
         "soundGroup":"v8",

11. TelemaX®

TelemaX®
    Expand Collapse

Go ahead, you can use it.
    BTW you need to use an .sbeam file, I'll paste it and mess with it to see if I can get anything to work

12. TelemaX®

TelemaX®
    Expand Collapse

Is it possible to change the pitch according to speed instead of RPM?

13. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

My bad, it is a sbeam file, not a jbeam. But basically the default and v8 groups are both playing at once for my custom sbr v8 engine.

14. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

Apparently when I did this it set the lowest point for the sound to play waaay higher than the min RPM...

It almost sounded like it wasn't playing at all until I hit a high RPM, then it was normal and I have no idea why. I have two other sounds and one of them works perfectly.

15. TelemaX®

TelemaX®
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to set pitch according to the car's speed?

16. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

You could set the source to wheelspeed. That might be what you're looking for.

17. TMarsh00

TMarsh00
    Expand Collapse

Is there any way to implement a turbo blow off valve sound?

18. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody ! I quote this previous message because i have questions about custom sounds i do for a personnal mod, my questions follow the quotes :

I did my SBEAM setup just like above, so the engine jbeam, but none of my sounds work.
    I understand the issue depicted in the quotes, because when the group is set to "default" the engine sound is always used, so both "default" and "V8" are played.
    But in my case the custom sound group don't work.

So my question is : Is the exemple above the right way to set up the sound SBeam an engine JBeam (with sound group just under the engine RPM) ?
    Because it's just like my sound groups are not found.
    All my sounds work if i call them "default" but i want a custom sound per engine, and i have four of them.

Many thanks !

19. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Did you make sure to add the following to your ENGINE jbeam?

"soundGroup":"soundGroupName",

spelling, capital letters, and formatting matters

20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

AH ! no capitals ! I check that right now, many thanks !

EDIT : thank you it works ! So happy ! I think i'm gonna buy me new eyes because it's the second time i'm stuck with a very little formatting problem !

I can hear all my four engines in the same places ! they are not so great but the system works !

#38 SergentFido, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  21. King Ace

King Ace
    Expand Collapse

I did everything exactly as stated above and they still don't work. I'm tryring to add sounds for the Legran.
    Heres what I have,

Jbeam:

"idleRPM":800,
    "maxRPM":6000,
    "soundGroup":"lgi4",

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice