WIP Beta released Customizable Engines and Drivetrains 1.4.1

Customizable engines and transmissions that can be personalized with tuning window

1. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

THANK YOU ,seriously i have to apreciate your work done here, its amazing,the only thing that is missing i would enjoy if you can add to the mod is clutch, like with high horse power engines ,even with the customizable trans, it seen that that engine revs to much and the clutch keep sliping ,it used to be able to change how much force the clutch could take

2. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

clutchtorque parameter doesn't exist since 0.8-if the engine refuses to shift up,that's probably because you changed the redline and that usually causes the arcade transmission to not work properly-I'm currently working on re-adding shiftup and shiftdown parameters to adress that

3. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

oh yeah ,i do know about the shift up and shift down parameters, it is not that i am talking about, its that the engine revs and the wheel do not spin as fast as is should

4. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

clutchtorque is supposed to be calculated by the game,but what you're describing seems exactly like too low clutchtorque,but that problem shouldn't exist anymore.the only other cause of this that i can think of is extremely big gear ratio,which should be impossible with anything other than the t-series. which vehicles have this issue and how powerful is the engine?

5. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

all the small cars like the ibishu pessima ,and about 4000HP (i know) hahha

6. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

I tested it and it happens to every vehicle-seems like this is a game issue.It can be partially fixed by manually setting the clutchtorque(now called locktorque) to a high number,but if you set it too high it causes the drivetrain to destroy itself.So locktorque is another thing to add(which reminds me that i should finally finish adding customizable automatics,because they don't suffer from this issue as much)

7. Touldy

Touldy
    Expand Collapse

nice, i also notice that the engine in the gavril t series doesnt seen to work, i guess because the fuel tank is diesel and the engine is petrol
    customizable automatics would be very nice to see

8. Hotrod120

Hotrod120
    Expand Collapse

hey saw you needed someone to help out
    i would be more than happy to help out if thats fine with you

9. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I figured out the clutchtorque problem, but i have serious trouble with the awd bolide.I copied the layout from sunburst but the front wheels always explode on hard acceleration, and I can't find what I did wrong-if you could take a look at it it would be great.(and sorry for the late reply-I'm busy with personal stuff at the moment and I'm also going away for the weekend so I don't have much time)

Attached Files:

10. IPlaygames360

IPlaygames360
    Expand Collapse

Can you please Update it so it compatible with the newer versions of BeamNG?

11. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

I'm working on it.

12. IPlaygames360

IPlaygames360
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I'm really excited for it!

13. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

Almost done (only 4 cars to go)-so here is a small preview:

Attached Files:

14. IPlaygames360

IPlaygames360
    Expand Collapse

15. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

80% completed update
    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    -bugs may occur-I don't have time for thorough testing
    -game has problems with high-power engines(2000hp+ for most vehicles) -there's little i can do about that
    -transmission parameters aren't set up perfectly
    FINISHED FEATURES:
    -customizable engines and aspirations
    -customizable manuals,automatics and DCTs
    -customizable radiators
    -awd bolide
    -added legran and hopper
    WIP FEATURES:
    -configurations
    -some parameters
    TO DO:
    -fully fixed configurations
    -customizable differentials
    -fine tuning of transmission parameters
    -jbeam optimizations

Attached Files:

• CE.zip

File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Nice looking forward to this working again after the new update broke small parts of it. Nostalgia trip, this is the first mod I ever got.

17. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Do you want me to update this mod with your file when you're done and give you full credit, or are you going to upload it urself? Need to sorta know how I should do with this resource. Dont be afraid to throw me a message if you want to talk more seriously about it, or need help, or want me to playtest, or anything for that mather.

I was very busy with school before, thats why I wasn't in the thread for the past few months, but now I have summer vecation, so now I'm free to talk/help.

18. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

I think it's better if you upload it as an update to avoid confusion-it's still the same mod. I'm busy with school right now so I probably won't be able to work on this until the end of this month( that's when the summer vacation starts in my country).

• Like Like x 1
  19. warkus

warkus
    Expand Collapse

Just send me the files whenever you're done and I'll do a final check up, do gameplay test of every aspect and update it.
    I highly appreciate your work and I know a lot of other people do too, so take your time, without you it probably wouldn't be updated at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Can you make such a mod, but for adjusting body part strength?

(E.g. you can set the frame to be 5x as strong as usual, or severely weaken it?)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice