CUV/Crossover Craze?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by TheMurlocTamer, Jun 22, 2017.

1. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

This is something that's perplexed me for a while now. Why are these crossovers/CUV's gaining such popularity?
    first off:

THEY'RE SO HIDEOUS!!!!

Second: what are they suppose to be? are they jacked up hatch backs or shrunken SUV's?

Third: they're just as practical as a sedan, but they get worse gas mileage thanks to the bigger wheels and added weight, and have just as much cargo space.

I work at a Wal-Mart as a cart pusher, and I've seen these thing's get groceries like any other car out there, but if you want to haul something large both the sedan and CUV owner has to go get "the truck"

This can do everything your Crossover will do: seat 5 people comfortably, better gas milage, faster, a lot more nimble, and looks worlds better:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

They have slightly more space than a sedan or hatchback, and they make people who don't know about cars feel safer. I've been in a Nissan Juke and I loved it, great front visibility and loads of space in the front although the back is a bit tight. I can see why people like them though.
    Not to mention they aren't that much heavier than a car, and most of them use diesel engines which gets you pretty good fuel consumption. A nissan or mazda crossover will use less fuel than that pontiac you posted.

3. TheMurlocTamer

TheMurlocTamer
    Expand Collapse

Well yeah, it's a 18 year old car with a supercharged 3.8l V6 with 225hp and yet it still comes within 5 mpg of the US spec Cx3 with a 2.0l 146hp. With the seats folded up, the CX3 has 10.1cu.ft of cargo space, and 2017 Nissan Altima has 15.4cu.ft. Here the Cx3 gets 31 combined mpg, while the full size Altima with a 2.5l (and 200lb weight diffrence) gets 34 combined mpg. Both have 5 star crash test ratings, but theAltima is alot less likely to roll over
    Lastly:

This is heeps and bounds better looking then that confused lifted hatchback

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice