1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

CyberSafty.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wolf, May 13, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

We are all a community and we should look out for each other, So please take the time to read this.

Play nice with others!

Too much gaming can affect your school or social life. It is important that if you chat with other gamers, you protect your privacy and don’t share personal or private information.
    Know the basics
    Limit your game play time.
    Make time offline for your friends, your favourite sports and other activities.

Protect yourself
    If another player is behaving badly or making you uncomfortable, block them from your players list.
    Report poor behaviour to the game site operator.
    Keep personal details private.
    Respect others in the game.
    Be aware of game classifications and age restrictions.
    Online gambling comes in many forms, from lottery tickets, betting on sporting games and racing,to card games like poker. There are many games and social media applications that look like gamblingwebsites that ask you to pay money to play or access features. You need to be aware that some online games are actually considered to be gambling sites and are designed to make money for the company providing the service, not the user.If you are under the age of 18 years old, gambling is an illegal activity whether your play online or offline. It’s always best to ask your parents or a trusted adult to check the game or website before you play or pay.

Remember:
    Gambling online is a risky business, you could lose your shirt or worse.
    Always read the terms and conditionsof a website before paying to play a game online.
    Be aware that some game sites may look very similar to legitimate online gambling sites.
    Make sure you know what you are getting for your money if you do pay for games online.

2. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

We need this. The amount of stupidity (no offence) going on here is ridiculous.

3. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

That's why I posted it, I have seen so many complaints about hacked accounts on websites I moderate, Do you want to know how they got hacked?, The account holder gave passwords to friends and That's how it happens.

half the time the reason someones account has been hacked is because they have given out their passwords.

4. Autofan

Autofan
    Expand Collapse

These are some good words of wisdom, I'm glad you posted this.

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

At least credit the school newsletter you pulled this from.

And the Aus Government website.

edit:
    I always thought accounts were hacked by grey/blackhat pentesters somewhere in Asia.

#5 Zappymouse, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. Wolf

Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Wrong, This was not from any school newsletter, It was however souced from the Australian CyberSafty website.

I was at a meeting about cyberSafty, I asked a Government Official for permission to post this. He's response was as long as you don't post it to websites other then the one you mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

The person I spoke to was in charge of this site: http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/
    And that's the Site I got it from, Not from some newsletter So get your Facts straight.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I said Half.:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice