WIP Beta released D-15 Truggy (V0.2 UPDATE: 7MAR2014)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by HowImineforfish, Mar 1, 2014.

1. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

#41 frostmaster21, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  2. B_Wilco

B_Wilco
    Expand Collapse

A wishbone is a type of control arm.... A control arm being any structure that controls the movement of the hub.
    An "A-arm" is a Wishbone-shaped control arm.
    An example of a non wishbone control arm would be a trailing arm which could be a simple rod.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Or you can just read what I already linked which clearly states a wishbone and control arm are not the same thing.

"The inboard (chassis) end of a control arm is attached by a single pivot, usually a rubber bushing. It can thus control the position of the outboard end in only a single degree of freedom, maintaining the radial distance from the inboard mount. Although not deliberately free to move, the single bushing does not control the arm from moving back and forth; this motion is constrained by a separate link or radius rod.[SUP][1][/SUP]The inboard (chassis) end of a control arm is attached by a single pivot, usually a rubber bushing. It can thus control the position of the outboard end in only a single degree of freedom, maintaining the radial distance from the inboard mount. Although not deliberately free to move, the single bushing does not control the arm from moving back and forth; this motion is constrained by a separate link or radius rod.[SUP][1]"

"[/SUP]This is in contrast to the wishbone. Wishbones are triangular and have two widely-spaced inboard bearings. These constrain the outboard end of the wishbone from moving back and forth, controlling two degrees of freedom, and without requiring additional links."

if you cannot read, not my problem. Its not technicality, its the rest of the industry misreferencing it as is already commonplace with various car parts such as intercoolers which are in fact not intercoolers.

4. frostmaster21

frostmaster21
    Expand Collapse

What ever, I don't really give a shit anymore.

5. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

i.chzbgr.jpg OMZ MY GOWDD!!!

6. HowImineforfish

HowImineforfish
    Expand Collapse

Hey! Just so everybody knows ... I'm not dead, nor gone! I'm just in the process of moving across the states. I WILL be coming back to this project as soon as I can pull my desktop out of it's box and actually use it.

To address some concerns:

1. I know the suspension is ultra soft and causes rollovers. I set it up for maximum flex, but it does lead to issues driving TO the trails. A more drivable set up is in the works.

2. I know the A-arms/shocks/etc nodes are super weak, and it's an issue I've been having with my Baja version of this thing. I'm still figuring out how to apply the values I want to the nodes and beams while still being being able to USE them.

I apologize for the delay. Between life and the degree of difficulty in modding, it's going to take a bit of time.

7. blue22111

blue22111
    Expand Collapse

You could add a suspension part. one part for when you get to the trail and one for getting there.

8. turbo7777

turbo7777
    Expand Collapse

where is it in the vehical selector

9. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

you are new to the fourms so ill cut you some slack. :Look at the post date ahead of you it 2014. Some old mods don't work sadly like this one ,don't post on old threads or inactive threads.

10. holographicdreams

holographicdreams
    Expand Collapse

This thread needs better shocks to handle serious bumps like that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

ITS OLD LOOK AT HIS POST
    sorry for caps im just mad

12. Chase_man

Chase_man
    Expand Collapse

this mod isn't working for me... someone help

13. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

its too old to work with the latest version of beaming, it needs some work before it will work again

14. Chase_man

Chase_man
    Expand Collapse

thanks

15. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

I can't see it in my vehicle list. And I have looked through all of the vehicles.

16. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Old and outdated. The file structure is set up for the old system, not the latest system. The mod probably won't work either because of all the changes to the D-Series since this was released.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Balto

Balto
    Expand Collapse

awwww

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice