WIP Beta released Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds 10.8.1 DEMO

Derby and Racing Scenario - Figure 8, Grass, Concrete, Mud and More

1. carkillerman12

carkillerman12
    Expand Collapse

can you maybe add some more derby pits? because the big pits are annoying because some ai just get stuck and don't do any damage and also it is annoying to make hits a drive from one side to another with a car with a damage rad going from side to side,

i would like to see smaller pits like these to make it more relistic

thank you ;D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. carkillerman12

carkillerman12
    Expand Collapse

we will the figure 8 be added?

3. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

When will you stop asking? Keep expectimg a decent suggestion and 75% of thw time it's the same guy asking when the bugs will get worked out...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

The next update is going to take some time to figure out as AI is not easy to program. I am trying my best to come up with a solution. The current AI just follow a path from one target point to the next and that seems kinda lame to me. To make them better I was thinking about tracking my speed, positions, angle, and time around the race track and feeding that to the AI. They should be able to learn the fastest way around the track and adjust. At this point it is hard to say if this is going to work but my thinking is that this will make for some good racing AI.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Crash77

Crash77
    Expand Collapse

bidwars, how about supporting DuneWulff's Custom Config Pack? Maybe for some FlatOut derbies.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Could you provide a link just for my own curiosity?

Thanks,
    Mo

7. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

would it be possible to know who has been deemed out? like a flag on top of car that disappears? most time they just bunch up in the middle and i cant tell who is left. also, it seems that the pro derby is an i6 and not a v8.

also, a way to let us pick our opponents?

#328 themightykasey, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  8. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Which car is i6 ? Are you using any additional mods, car packs, etc ?

For those other things, the flag could be used, but I think that Bid could make the counted out cars shut their engines, like in real life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

The derby pack that was in the first download, has the green monster car,

Also, just a random question, i have an i7-4790K 4.0ghz and an amd radeon hd 7870. I can run about 8-10 cars at about 30fps but more than that its super laggy. Is this more cpu or gpu intensive?

10. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Green monster car ? Take a screenshot of it.

This is mainly CPU intensive game and it likes multiple cores. Your CPU has 4 cores and 8 threads and it should run 60 fps with ease. But, I think that in this case, the GPU is bottlenecking with the game. You should also adjust the graphicals settings a bit more, you can't play the mod with multiple cars with reasonable fps, unless you put the graphical settings into bare minimum. You can keep resolution high, but HDR, FXAA, etc, etc, take those off.

11. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

peter beamo. not your mod,

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrivex642017-12-1213-40-33-547.jpg
  12. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Yea, nothing to do with us then, if it has i6. It's his mod, his car and his config for it. Our large cars have V8's in all of them in the default cars of the mod. Additional modpacks contain different configs for those cars, that vary from ours and are done in different way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

your vehicles are the mod and beam official? i would say another thing would be able to multi select groups.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Umm, what ?

15. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Like picking fullsize+midsize mix instead of full random?

16. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the translation haha. Yea, not a bad idea, but again, takes some time. There's like at least 10 things on the ''to do''-list for the mod, and Bid is still working with the AI, which is the biggest task.

And as for the vehicles on the mod, yes, the stock cars are made from BeamNG official stuff. If you don't have any addon mods for this main mod, you have 5 different condition classes for the cars and the cars only use the main game stock parts.

17. themightykasey

themightykasey
    Expand Collapse

multi-select as in f150 and the peter derby pack mod together instead of having to select all mods or just 1, or be able to select the cars as our opponents. looks weird with like 5 derby cars and then 1 car that looks classy and new.
    or could I just mix those mod groups together somehow?

not trying to be a douche, best scenario mod there is! keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so you would wanna have better selection menus, so that you could create more customized lineups for the rounds from different car size classes and mod packs ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

Not sure about a flag on top of the cars. In a real derby you have no idea who is out or in. You just have to look for the ones moving but maybe we could have this as a optional setting.

"also, a way to let us pick our opponents?"
    From the menu you can pick
    Drop Down Options
    1. All Mods and BeamNG - Official -- Includes every vehicle in the game
    2. Peter Beamo - Derby Mods -- Only loads vehicles created by Peter Beamo (Need to have his derbymod installed.)
    3. F150 Mods -- Only load vehicles created by F150( Need to have F150 mods installed)
    4. All Mods -- Includes all vehicle mods you have installed (Peter Beamo, F150, or other mods)
    5. No Mods -- Includes only the default scenario vehicles created by DD-Indeed
    For directly picking your opponent vehicles
    Before the countdown timer reaches GO! press the J key to pause the scenario and then you can tab to each of the opponents and change the vehicles. Then just press J to continue the derby.

This will be changed in the next update. You will be able to pause the scenario at any time and change any vehicle you want during the derby.
    --- Post updated ---
    As long as they give approval.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice