WIP Beta released Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds 10.8.1 DEMO

Derby and Racing Scenario - Figure 8, Grass, Concrete, Mud and More

1. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Beam update has broken it, thus removing one of my main reasons to live.

2. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

Yup. Totally broken here again too. WTF does Beamng have against mods?

3. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

More like what does the mod author have against his own mods if he's not keeping it updated properly. If a mod hasn't ben updated for months and for several updates then it's only a matter of time until it breaks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

It was the minor update that required file migration that caused the issue. I think it has something to do with the new file path. I'm sure Bidwars can fix it but Beamng has a history of not being kind to mods when they release updates. They need to keep mods in mind when they make changes because honestly, the core game doesn't have that much to offer without modders using it to create content.

5. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

Working on a fix for the current BeamNG update.

• Like Like x 5
  6. beater lover

beater lover
    Expand Collapse

7. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I was down to looking through your code on notepad ++ in desperation to find a work-around. I'm glad to know you're on it.
    --- Post updated ---
    If it helps, the problem I'm getting is the AI won't initialize when starting a heat. So all the cars just sit and do nothing. Right after the last minor update I couldn't even select a track and launch from the menu but uninstalling Beamng, removing all mods, reinstalling Beamng and replacing all mods fixed that. Now everything is normal up until the heat starts and AI doesn't initialize. I know other people have mentioned different bugs but I think a lot of those things have more to do with Beamng updates screwing with existing mods rather than the mod itself as the uninstall / removal / reinstall / replace trick fixes those problems.

8. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad! (and can we have the missing textures fixed too ;) )

9. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

I just found this mod. looks very promising. hope it works soon :)

10. Destroyer222

Destroyer222
    Expand Collapse

AI cars don't moving!

11. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they are aware of it.

12. tonyjr

tonyjr
    Expand Collapse

is there a ETA on when this will be fixed? i been wanting to play for a while now

13. tonyjr

tonyjr
    Expand Collapse

Still trying to see when there would be a update.. any information would be great

14. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

I know you're impatient for a fix after the last Beam update but give the guy a chance at least - would be nice for the other bugs to be fixed alongside the getting the mod to work again issue.

15. Krautzi

Krautzi
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I'm new to the forum :)
    Apart from the fix, is it possible to include the other new cars added by beamng in the derby scenario ?

16. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

If he gets the fix out and this works again you can select any vehicle you want easily by yourself. Just pause the derby during the countdown before it starts and for each vehicle in your derby go to the vehicle selection menu to change it. The only difference I found was that after doing so the AI wouldn't initialize so I had to unpause the game, pause it again, then unpause it again to initialize the AI. It's a shame that work around doesn't work for the problem now. I've run forklift derbies, bus derbies, basically anything you can think of that has Beamng vehicles and they all worked fine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

Bidwars updated his Patreon with a fix for the AI problem and two new derby maps plus support for other mods. It's well worth the $6 it costs to become a member.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bg427

bg427
    Expand Collapse

What about if people don't use patreon/can't - whilst I'm glad he's fixed it, it seems pretty crappy to basically say 'if you want a fixed mod you have to pay for it'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Krautzi

Krautzi
    Expand Collapse

Hm, at least he could just release the ai-fix to the non-patriot-members without new cars. I mean its a problem caused by a beamng update (early access software !), not a mod addition you can pay for if you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. oldgun

oldgun
    Expand Collapse

No one said you have to use Patreon. I'm just telling you if you want the fix now you can get it there and the extra goodies you'll get are worth the money. I don't speak for Bidwars. He may very well upload a fix here too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice