WIP Beta released Demolition Derby - The Fair Grounds 10.8.1 DEMO

Derby and Racing Scenario - Figure 8, Grass, Concrete, Mud and More

1. Diggit_nz

Diggit_nz
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to see a version of this but on the different tracks in Industrial Site!

2. andyjacko

andyjacko
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! I disabled that addon and it all worked fine, re-enabled it and it broke! Thanks very much for your help, and glad it can be fixed :)

3. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Oh and there is a nic3 derby arena on Hirochi Raceway that I used to use pre-derby scenario to have my own derby with the bots. Big and high speed!

4. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Really, gotta check that out, thanks for the tip!

Edit: Did you mean that circle-arena ? It's HUGE! But tempting as well.

#144 DD-Indeed, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  5. Zethsquatch

Zethsquatch
    Expand Collapse

Pre-derby scenario?
    --- Post updated ---
    Pre-derby scenario?

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yes, DD. I mean that big circle track. Can junk cars... and pickups there really fast! I don't think the bots will be so good that they can't junk each other in a couple of hits there either which would be nice ;)

I mean before this scenario was released, I used to set up a bunch of cars and turn them on chase and have derbies with them.

7. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Only way to make that arena work is to code in this ''rule'', that cars only have 1st and R-gear, to keep the speeds in reasonable limits (but even with that it's still just too big place, cars are way too scattered and hitting someone is difficult, since they have much more room to evade.)

8. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Why would you want a rule like that? As long as the bots are actually going for hits and still want to avoid hitting walls, I don't see the issue. Let 'em buck! The problem is that the bots are at a limited speed, why don't they ever shift into 2nd or 3rd gear??

9. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Because if tere would be no limitation whatsoever, you could get car up to speeds of 60 mph and it would be instant retirement from the first hit. And same goes for the AI too, it would make the rounds to be very short.

Bots do change to 2nd, but they are slow on acceleration and can't make it up till the gearchange rpm would occur.

10. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I don't like that EVERY round is over 5 minutes long. I could handle a track where you actually have to hit and make it a generally 5 minute or less round. Sounds like something that would bring some excitement for those that are tired of sandbagging hardcore for every heat. Don't get me wrong, I like the realism, but at the same time could go for a big hitting arena to just go turn some "R's" and crack some skulls.

11. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Well let's see what Bid himself has to think of. The mod is basically build upon the one map (Derby Arenas), where the gameplay is only moved into different locations on that same map based on your arena selection. But Hirochi Raceway is a different map alltogether, so it propably requires a lot of coding work to be done, because the mod has to load different map entirely. And since Hirochi has only one place for derbying, it could be just not worth of the effort. But we have to look it up at some point, I can't make any comments about that how hard it would be to put that into the mod, Bid himself can tell about that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

I haven't looked at the Hirochi Raceway much so I am not sure where the derby arena might be. I don't think it will happen soon but It wouldn't take long to create. There are just so many other things I am working on right now with the scenario. One being the AI which is the most difficult thing to program correctly because it requires physics knowledge. The location code is very adaptable that you could make a derby arena out of any area of each map.

13. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2017-6-18_0-0-52.png

@DD-Indeed may be referring to the Skidpad located on the infield of Hirochi Raceway. A similar area exists at the ETK test centre, and both would be well-suited for high-speed, hard-hitting derbies.

screenshot_00141.png screenshot_00142.png

Of course, the real dream would be to take things to @Crash Hard 01's map. There's a good arena there, and a couple of great tracks, although I'm not certain just how applicable the Derby AI would be during a full-contact race. Would the code allow it to target cars in the same way while also aiming for checkpoints?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Great mod overall but I've been having problems getting anything but the default vehicles to load, for all the versions I've used since it first came out selecting any mods, be it F150s skins or setting it to "all mods" will spawn default cars anyway.

The only mods I currently have install are the skins by F150 and this scenario so I doubt its a conflict problem. I've also cleared the cache and so on before testing.

There is no error message or anything and I have it setup as follows

Setup:

Spawns to this:

#154 VeyronEB, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  15. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

F150 only has full-size mods so if you pick random it will not find anything. If the scenario does not find anything then it will load default car's. Try the full-size class option in the derby config.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Ah, thats got it working now thanks. Also is it normal for it to not load other random mods when using the "All mods" setting?

17. Derohk

Derohk
    Expand Collapse

would be nice to actually be able to run 15 cars. but thats literally impossible for my and im not exactly on a weak PC xD

18. bidwars

bidwars
    Expand Collapse

I made some changes to the next update that should fix the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I doubt bid can do much about it. The game probably isn't optimized for your pc. But on that note; i too can only run 11 AI at a time which is still plenty fun!

20. bungal341

bungal341
    Expand Collapse

Any way to turn the timer off on the race mode one ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice