Outdated Demolition Derby 1.5.11

Hit the other guys. Repeat until they stop driving around. Win.

1. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Me too. Although I have the additional hope that the flee and chase modes get implemented with a targeting system (something like ai.setState({ mode = "flee", target = "scenario_player0" })), so I could make the AI actually target other AI racers too.

See the first post again for a version that uses ARB's mods.

That is the main reason for any vehicle timing out, yeah. It's slightly better in the new stripped and modded versions, as those cars have less stuff to get stuck in.

2. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Wonderful. I'll try it out soon!

3. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

Please tell me how to install this. I take the "derby" folder to Beamng.drive/mods and it does not work

4. jake44

jake44
    Expand Collapse

put it in levels folder :cool:

5. dman1049

dman1049
    Expand Collapse

Would be cool if you could pick which derby car you want and what parts you want on it before you start the derby... Also the timeout timer I think should be longer...

#25 dman1049, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  6. jackeo21

jackeo21
    Expand Collapse

Yeap, the whole experience would be much better with a longer time-out system. I'll get stuck on something, and just run out of time. Aside this, it's a great scenario that I'm sure will improve given time, especially with the speed of updates and improvements at the moment. Keep it up! :cool:

7. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

So - this has been a while in the making. New update: time-out time has been increased to 30 seconds! Oh, I also completely redid the AI system, so opponents now actually target each other (and you). If you want the update, simply download the scenario again from the first post (no versioned files, sorry). These are still somewhat work-in-progress, as I feel the AI parameters could still use a little tweaking, so feedback is welcome.

8. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

I love this! Can you make more? Maybe make it so you can have more than one installed at the same time? Also, Can you make a more FPS friendly one with maybe 2 stock cars? The other mod with derby grade cars get stuck alot making it kinda unfair. Good job!

9. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

When you say "the other mod", do you mean this: http://www.beamng.com/resources/demolition-derby.7/? Because that's mine too, and should be exactly the same mod. You can actually have more than one installed at the same time, just follow the same instructions, and when it asks you whether you want to merge the folders, say "yes".

10. Poebat

Poebat
    Expand Collapse

Ya "the other mod" cuz I forgot the name of it half way through the comment xD

11. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

12. Joe voss

Joe voss
    Expand Collapse

I won w/ no drive line :) and it's all so a glitch my car will not time out when i lose the drive line

Attached Files:

• 2015-10-30_00002.jpg
    • 2015-10-30_00001.jpg
  13. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Version 4.3.0 broke the time out countdown messages, and leaves me with no options to actually fix it. I'll keep looking if there's anything I can do about it, but I suspect it'll have to wait until the next update.

#33 Scepheo, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  14. Vilespring

Vilespring
    Expand Collapse

There's missions that use a damage percent. Would that work for this?

15. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Took me a while to understand what you meant, until I read my own post again: the timer itself still works, but it's not displayed (correctly) on screen. Sorry for the confusion.

16. 0rangeGhost

0rangeGhost
    Expand Collapse

hey, nice scenario, could you make a scenario for 8-track race? on derby map and wih at least 6 cars

#36 0rangeGhost, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  17. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

18. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

Interesting... I didn't know that scenarios could share scripts. Nice!

19. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

It's not used by any of the official scenarios, but during my inspections of the game's own scripts I found that the functionality exists. I also used it in my Random Tour mod, although in a slightly different way, as the scenarios take place in different levels. It's these small things that I love about creating mods for BeamNG: the developers really invest in good practices, modularity is delicious.

20. 0rangeGhost

0rangeGhost
    Expand Collapse

scepheo, what do you think about my suggestion?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice