Fixed in 0.19.4.2
    More information available here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashes
    Fixed drivers available!
    Instructions here

Dismiss Notice

Developer mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Car crusher, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

My idea is concerning the lack of keybindings available for use for custom mods. Keys such as L triggers things such as nodes, and while useful to a "developer", could be viewed as merely, a fruitless use of a keybinding to someone with a relatively small knowledge of these things. What I am proposing is that we have a "dev mode". Activated by opening up the "esc" side menu, like the photo mode or vehicle selector. Dev mode should contain all of the commands such as L, which triggers technical information (I'm assuming most of us doesn't understand this stuff) such as nodes and beams. So basically dev mode in my sentiment should be just the current normal layout with "l" triggering the nodes and e.t.c. (Dev mode should contain all of the technical commands in which some of us don't understand). So basically this mode will be a way to activate the technical commands such as L. Normal BeamNG should be free of all these commands, thus leaving space for custom key bindings for mods and control customisation, but the commands for triggering node information and e.t.c will still be accessible through dev mode.

#1 Car crusher, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

The debug menu should have a toggle for these bindings

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice