1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

'Developer Section' Response Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iheartmods, May 3, 2016.

1. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

I realize that. And i realize that its already pushing the boundaries of performance. But i still wish for a giantic city in the game.

I am not gonna beg for it to be a bigger city, but i am kinda dissapointed. When i first saw the pictures i thought it was gonna be pretty big.

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty big! ECA is a pretty big map, and that screen only showed downtown Belasco. We still have the suburbs, industrial, port, motorsport facility, and the mountain!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

We can also add the highways and redwood forest to the list, and I think I can see a multilevel parking garage:

IMG_0633.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Fine. Good point. And i really want a long highway system to do my wangan racing. But i am still skeptic.

5. j2305432

j2305432
    Expand Collapse

Dont know if I've said it already, but with WCUSA incoming Im looking forward to recreate the thing on my profile pic

6. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I will be extremely happy if @B25Mitch places a sign on this concrete plant identifying it as WHENNITS READY-MIX Ltd.

7. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

reffrence? if so, to what?

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

When It's Ready - The constant response to the constant stream of questions about when the next update will be coming.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Alewyx

Alewyx
    Expand Collapse

Ohhhhh, I didn't read closely. I get it

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

One thing. All of the big, highly detailed maps (Tennessee, for example) have really low quality textures relative to smaller maps.

11. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

This may be because Tennessee is not an official map, and therefore has not received the same level of attention (even the most dedicated modders don't work on their projects 9-to-5). Ensure that the other big, highly detailed maps you are speaking of are in fact official maps.

If there is an official map that you feel is underdetailed or has low-quality textures, take heart that the Beam Team has been working to improve the texture quality of all official maps. Take a look at these two screenshots of ECUSA:

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume that this work is ongoing, and will continue in some way, shape or form right up until the game's final release.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Latest pic of Italy really shows some tweaks that I hope are realized in the final map.
    It appears to me, lots of distance clarity with the lighting, shadows and normal mapping. Looks like LOD's might be getting
    some lovin' too. Hoping these are refinements to the engine in general and not merely screen tweaks!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

• Unfortunately I don't really agree with that idea, I think that if you shift into a low gear (i.e hit 1st instead of 3rd) it should over-rev and destroy the engine, much like it would on a real car.
    • Again, I don't really agree to that, most automatic transmissions allow you to switch between D and manual mode on the fly, though they will have a lockout on reverse and park while the car is in motion.
    • This one is a good addition, in reality if you shift a manual without using the clutch, it physically won't go into gear, unless the engine RPMs are matched exactly (trying to force it into gear will also put stress on/wear out the synchros). By far the fastest way to shift is to use the clutch!

• Agree Agree x 11
  15. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering about the first point too and to me it seems like a modern car safety feature instead of something the devs don't want us to practice. Simply put, it's something the modern ETKs would use for idiot-proofing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

In regards to the first point, it would make sense for something like a modern ETK to have a system like that, it's just AFAIK no real car has a lockout to prevent over-revving from misshifting, given that a manual gearbox is purely mechanical, and having such a system would require lots of fancy electronics.

In regards to the second point, switching between D and manual mode is not a bad thing, most cars let you do this e.g you come to a hilly section so you switch to manual mode and lock it in the desired gear, then when the road levels out you can switch back to D and cruise.

17. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'm not sure what the intent here is but I'm pretty sure we will get a more-in-depth explanation soon or we will have to see for ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

The shifting between manual and auto is basically a standard feature for every car with an automatic but it only really started to come when the dct gearboxes came to the massmarket

19. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

With that third point, I'm hoping something different will be done for the T-Series because it's pretty standard on those big trucks to not use the clutch to shift.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

The wording used makes me think that it's an option in the gameplay menu that you can check and un-check such as throttle assist and all those goodies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice