1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Nekkit

Nekkit
    Expand Collapse

unknown.png
    Here we go go go

• Like Like x 32
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

nekkit do be making game changing repo mods doe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

The Cabriolet configuration of the supercar will be finished in a few hours or less!

• Like Like x 5
  4. carcrazyalex

carcrazyalex
    Expand Collapse

Is your supercar going to be a sort of luxury grand tourer like the Mclaren GT, or will it be a hardcore Italian style race car?

5. Inn0centJok3r

Inn0centJok3r
    Expand Collapse

I love how it looks at night!
    The boost gauge finally has a texture as well
    screenshot_2020-05-22_22-00-59.png

• Like Like x 17
  6. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

exteriorcabrio.png

What does everyone think?

• Like Like x 10
  7. divebomber

divebomber
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

i toned down the carbon fibre a bit.

• Like Like x 9
  9. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  10. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

maybe....

• Like Like x 1
  11. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

Whats the brand going to be called? or will it have a basic protoype car name "Project 1"

12. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

Sorry i cant tell you right now. You will know upon release.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

So I’m going to say there’s no R33 now? Did Red Car have any issues with you using the model? While there’s copyright issues surrounding models (and there for a good reason), I just don’t agree with the whole problem surrounding using models from forza, Juiced etc on BeamNG. Yes, you’re taking someone else’s work, but not only that, but remember three important points.

1. you’re not selling your mod, therefore not gaining any benefit from creating the mod, but purely for enjoyment and entertainment. BeamNG is an indie game, majority of the audience are under 20, not like they’re running a business selling cars on a game, most of them are at school and this is their hobby. As far as I’m aware, most authors wouldn’t give a crap, if you can, it’s always good to ask for permission, but why bother with models from forza?

2. You’re editing the work, and crediting the original creators, and from what I’ve seen over the last few years, there’s people that create some decent mods using bits here and there, without any hassles.

And then there’s people who make the model from scratch, spend hours or time and effort on it, only for someone to come along and say “oh how about you make it ‘lore’ because in truth I’m too lazy to use the search bar to find the car, the author has issues with people requesting and then just decides to not finish the mod (which is fine, that’s their choice), but for another three years, your stuck with skins, because people just get too picky, based on assumptions, that they’re going to be sued or some rubbish.

3. Most of these models are over ten years old, Forza devs don’t bother updating them and re-use old models, my point being, do you think they’re going to sue someone for using a model, they can’t even be bothered updating to make it more realistic?

Don’t believe me? Search Forza S15 model vs Grand Turismo 6 S15, and then search the forums and find info on how old the S15 model is (hint it’s unchanged since 2005). Most turn 10 devs don’t even care, there’s been a million tickets submitted to them over the years and they haven’t once edited older models (over 50 percent of the car models are a decade old).

My overall point being, I agree with copyright issues, but there are some people who are just way too picky. If the author has an issue with the car, then sure take it down, otherwise why bother? People want “oh can you make a commodore”, “oh can you make a skyline, but super realistic”, and when someone tries to satisfy those needs, but doesn’t have the modding power people think they have, they resort to models already created and then you’ve got those same people complaining. I wish I had the computer powerful enough to make some models, games definitely in need of more irl cars.

Why I’m so glad someone’s making an S15, I honestly think people need to leave @HadACoolCar alone, unless the authors of the models have asked for it to be taken down.

#24573 TWilliams458, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

well i guess not, the only parts he kinda needed permission for were from S-Tuner, i dont think Turn 10 would even bother. Or the others developers.
    And he has permissions from the S-Tuner guys, he worked with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

I can message him on discord if you want if you haven’t contacted him already.

16. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

well ive been talking to him now since i started this mod, i know whats going on.

17. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Think people just need to calm down really, I’m sure the S-Tuner devs wouldn’t have issues (if they do then take it down, but all I’ve heard are people “assuming”) you’re crediting their work, and I’m pretty sure I’ve actually seen somewhere where they passionately talked about beamng, I used to be on all of the S-Tuner Facebook groups, just go ahead with it, create a private group, and if people want it then give it to them :) If any devs or authors have issues, rectify them or take the car down, people on here just make it hard.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. HadACoolCar

HadACoolCar
    Expand Collapse

well its way to WIP and sh*t to give it to anyone at my point. Oh and i have school stuff too.

19. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2020-05-23_13-46-53.png

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Made a little lift kit for stock suspension. Now she runs on the stock coilovers with strut spacer lifts her up 5-6inches.
    screenshot_2020-05-23_17-45-33.png screenshot_2020-05-23_17-42-01.png

#24580 Peter Beamo, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice