1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

This is AwesomeSauce/Petrovysky/Rat_Master etc. He's trolling
    They're all the same person

2. xTakedown JnR

xTakedown JnR
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I could kinda tell since he said a car has six wheels.

3. Jalkku

Jalkku
    Expand Collapse

Started a log trailer for the scania, still a lot work to do. I never thought my 2000Nm torque wouldn't be enough :|

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

4. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

What's the weight of the trailer loaded and unloaded? Can't wait to start hauling in this beast! :)

5. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

With some inspiration from this thread, I made this:
    pigeon.png
    Just a quick model edit. Basically stretched the bed and frame by 75 centimetres and moved the rear axle back.
    I'm currently working on the Jbeam (and I think I finally understand gabe's way of naming nodes).
    I'm making this mostly as a Jbeam practice, but if it turns out either properly drivable or absolutely hilarious I might just release it :D

6. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Fuck... yes.. Excellent work Jalkku.

7. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00053.png
    • screenshot_00054.png
  8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

While UK houses are small. They arent quite that small :D
    Very nice first project, especially since people often have issues with collisions. If it had all of the baking and other shading magic on it i can imagine it wouldn't look to out of place on a mod.

Working on a Gokart. It only has 1 forward gear and gets a little difficult to drive above 35mph on bumpy terrain (aka not perfectly smooth) since it has no suspension (by design).
    screenshot_00092.jpg

9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Why would anyone make a go kart with no suspension then give it more than like 8 horsepower? (We used to have a cheapo gokart with a tired old 2HP Briggs. It sucked and the carb eventually broke, but it was fun as hell.)

10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

For science.
    True reason: I wanted a simple project to work on and therefore wanted to eliminate as many components as possible. Also a 50hp engine makes it way more fun to drive since 5mph isn't exactly exciting. It can reach 58mph on a perfectly flat surface. Even more true reason: I actually wanted to make it 20hp but through trial and improvement i got to this result, and it kinda works ok. I may be tempted to reduce the top speed a bit when i tune it some more. But for now i am kinda happy.
    Its also kind an interesting challenge to make it actually drivable.

11. Blockman

Blockman
    Expand Collapse

My go kart has no suspension, unless you want like a Polaris Rzr or something?

12. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Just doin some maintenance ;) Should i redo the engine? It looks kinda crappy to me.
    59a438131b.jpg

13. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if it was more detailed but I guess it doesn't really matter nearly as much as the rest of it.

14. RedBolide

RedBolide
    Expand Collapse

It depends. If you plan on doing really detailed textures, I would advise leaving it the way it is. If not, then adding more detail won't hurt. Looks great so far.

15. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

The model itself seems fine (and will require textures) although the engine does look physically too big, so perhaps you should scale it down a bit

Also, you will need to model the inside of the engine bay. This will make the smaller engine look more normal sized once it's smaller.

16. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Yep, it's in the works :) By the way, the underbody is almost done. I have the frame, exhaust, transmission, fuel tank etc. It wont be too long until its in game ;)

17. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

At last, it's time to beam!
    jbeam1.png jbeam2.png jbeam3.png
    It's not quite done yet, I just have to add a firewall and some bits for the front suspension. Basically, this model will be exported to blender, and through some witchcraft, be converted to nodes (each verticy represents a node), and beams will be added in GregBlast's node/beam editor.

Also, if you're wondering why the jbeam has fewer edgeloops than certain other ones, it's because this mod (and most of my other Japanese vehicles) will be focused on driving characteristics, as opposed to extremely smooth deformation. Generally, fewer edgeloops are easier to make rigid, much like real cars. Of course, you can make a complex object rigid, but it's more work.

Also, my computer doubles as a toaster, so I don't really want "Moonhawk" FPS (and for those with uber computers, you should be able to have numerous AE86's at once with reasonable FPS, I hope...)

That said, if the deformation is a little to "Russian" for my liking, I may add more divisions (Keep in mind the engine bay is especially simple as it is covered with body panels, which will have at least 3 divisions across)

18. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

BAKASAN WHEN WILL YOUR HEAVENLY DELIGHTS MAKE IT TO THE SHOWROOM.

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that on both this and on gabesters covet the roof pillars have two nodes side by side in the middle of them. I was wondering if there is any particular reason?
    Thanks

20. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

When they're done. Until then, all I can say is, Stay Tuned:)

(don't worry though, I'll try to post regular jbeam/ingame updates in this thread, and modeling updates on my modeling thread)

Well, the pillars should have some thickness to them, so the 2 nodes is what that is for. The reason they diverge into one node at either end is to keep the jbeam nice and simple, thus it should behave better. I tried ending the pillars with 2 nodes on the Megami, but i don't think it works very well, so I think I will remake them. Similarly, you could perhaps use only one node in the middle, although I'm not sure if this is a good idea for strength.

Back to progress updates, I finished and converted the base model into nodes, and am in the process of making the beams.
    jbeamy.PNG
    Hopefully I can have the running gear in place by the weekend, and avoid the flacidness that currently plagues the Megami.

Update: Now ingame. Note the large amount of beams employed to ensure for a full rigid chassis
    screenshot_00001.png
    Now I just have to do the engine bay, and then set up the node weights and beam properties to get realistic strength and weight.

Update 2: Engine bay is now done, minus the crossmember. The next thing to do I suppose is to calculate how much the bare frame should weigh, and make it weigh that amount. I also will need to adjust the beam values properly, so hopefully the jbeam is not floppy.
    screenshot_00002.png
    Once that is done, I can start adding more components:)

#2700 Bakasan, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice