1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Softair

Softair
    Expand Collapse

2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I think I have enough progress on this truck to showcase it now, though I don't consider it finished yet. It's basically a rampage truck. It's called The Entity and there's a whole plot with it that is too long to explain in this message (not my plot, I only made it in the game, and the skins and all other textures are by my friend).
    asdasdasd.png
    It's based on the in-game T75 Destroyer but with many modifications. The most obvious one is that it has a fifth wheel instead of a dump bed, and it's a special fifth wheel that is stronger than normal. The other obvious thing is that instead of a ram plow it has a spike bumper. The spikes protect the radiator and front axle surprisingly well, probably it's because the bumper is larger and stronger with them.
    Another thing you instantly notice are spikes on the wheels. They can spin around their center axis freely, and can be hidden with a button, which also affects the wheel spikes of the trailer:
    ddasa.png
    Notice how the wheels are also mismatched, it's a thing on the rear ones as well, and also on the trailer.
    One thing you can't see is that the engine long block has been upgraded to survive a 400kW nitrous oxide shot, and anoher thing is that I used the strength setting on the truck to make it 3 times sronger. I also used it on the trailer, speaking of which...
    sdasad.png
    The trailer has 3 sets of spikes aside from the wheel ones: on the left, right and the back. All of these are smaller than the wheel spikes, and can shred cars and pop tires like the police spike strip mod. You may have also noticed the slightly higher ride height than a normal trailer. But you haven't seen the interior yet, and you are probably not expecting what is inside...
    dasdads.png
    Yeah, it has a full interior based on the caravan in the front part. The rest is empty for now because it's unfinished, it will have some sorts of weapons there eventually. Unlike the caravan interior, this one is customizable:
    ddssda.png
    You must have noticed the posters too, there are 4 of them in 2 sizes (40cm x 60cm and 60cm x 40cm), they are skinnable and can be added to any other vehicle (which I'll do). So far there are 3 graphics available for each size but way more are planned. The posters are Jbeamed and can fall off and "shred" (the same way as the Pigeon does so not the best lol), they basically behave like paper.
    Another thing about this truck: it can jump.
    ddsd.png
    There are 2 kinds of jump it can do: with and without the trailer. The first one obviously makes the trailer jump as well. Second one has less force in the back so i jumps straight without the trailer. Also, you can use no trailer jump and then normal jump to do a front flip (a very hard to land one):
    asddda.png
    Things that are still not done because I need to learn more LUA for them: Guns, unguided rocket launchers and cannons that shoot spikes. Maybe also flaming stacks.
    Oh wait I forgot to say that it can also drift, the in-game Destroyer can too if you remove the upfit
    wadad.png
    This truck will be another thing in the large mod pack I'm making with a friend, it will be released when it's ready which is definitely not soon yet, a lot needs to be done to this truck and some other vehicles as well.

• Like Like x 9
  3. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

apocalypse pack 2.0

4. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

so war rig but not basically

5. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2021-04-26_01-09-20.png screenshot_2021-04-26_00-58-16.png screenshot_2021-04-26_01-07-32.png
    BCL Wing fully textured and model in-game (no JBeam yet), also new widebody

• Like Like x 26
  6. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

7. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Yep! With adjustable amount of sleepiness. It will have winking headlights and angry headlights too.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Leon_Rot

Leon_Rot
    Expand Collapse

Is the Rear Bumper going that slim at the Fender intentional?

9. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

That's too cool to imagine!

10. LJ74

LJ74
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there's a wide bumper as well but I just like the cutoff look in the rear

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Cool an alternate D15 Fascia mod. Any plans of doing one for the lower tier GMT400s, and a facelift based on the GMT800 Silverado?

12. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Would be sick to see a 180SX conversion, like 180 taillights, shell, and interior on the 200BX chassis and JBeam

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

Top Fuel car has a body now :)
    *Still WIP*

• Like Like x 9
  14. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Added 2 small things, flaming stacks and red headlights with guards (visiblity is only a bit worse with them surprisingly)
    wddwadas.png
    Of course also added a drag radiator and used OP brake pads from my mod so the fire doesn't affect the vehicle

• Like Like x 10
  15. Jеrrу

Jеrrу
    Expand Collapse

Cool! Btw, how is your D-Series semi project going?

16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Sithhy still hasn't made working textures and I guess at this point he might have given up so I'll probably have to learn how to make good textures and do it myself. Also game update broke some of the Jbeam by adding engine mounts as a separate part, I can no longer use the D-Series V8 Diesel engine as it is. I have to make a separate one. The project isn't dead but I have some other mods to work on so it's kinda on hold until the texture problems are fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

reminds me of the old headlights in d-troxx's 200bx pack from years ago.
    i see lots of similarities

18. SW20

SW20
    Expand Collapse

Made a chassis for a midship sportscar

Attached Files:

• Chassis.jpg
    • Like Like x 20
  19. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

I am DIGGING those beautiful rims!

20. SW20

SW20
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! They're Advan GTs!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice