1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Here examples of mine edits:
    Скриншот 2015-06-06 00.41.18.png
    Скриншот 2015-06-06 00.46.16.png '
    I also setted up alpha channel for undamaged lights, so they now are semi-transparent, looks very good :)

2. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

And where is the HD texture? :rolleyes:

That looks so sick!

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, awesome!

4. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

fak u

no tears, only dreams now

(imported from here)

5. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Working on stuff. And new Panasport type wheels for the rally version:

screenshot_00016.jpg

6. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I think I am giving up on the 4WD covet mod, no one has said a word about it and clearly no one is interested, so I am just going to abandon ship since no one cares lol why put all this work into something that no one wants, is how I see it.

I have the DAE if anyone wants it. mostly everything is done.

7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Mi stendirdz r 2 hi 4 u

8. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Do it for yourself. I don't see why you need to give up on your own work because other people are disinterested, unless your intention is not to make a good mod, but merely to impress others. Which is your goal?

9. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

I want it. Give it to me.

10. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

my intention was to create a mod that people would be interested in, I am not trying to perform an act for an empty auditorium. I am done with the model, I just need some help with GETTING STARTED on getting it in-game...so I am still plugging away at it, however a little bit of feedback always goes a long way. otherwise its like all the work I have done goes unnoticed, which totally kills my motivation lol

- - - Updated - - -

nope, I have seen what you are capable of and I do not think you are up to the task of basically fully jbeaming the car, mostly everything of the original Covet mesh has been changed and the complete drivetrain is totally different so it would ONLY go to someone who at least has some successful mods on here...can you create a jbeam from scratch?

11. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Keep working on it. I'll keep you motivated.

I did start that container jbeam from scratch, but gave up on it. I didn't think it was going anywhere.

12. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

But containers don't have suspension and all of that, as far as I'm aware.

13. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Well, this could be a learning experience maybe.

14. Ilya Higuti

Ilya Higuti
    Expand Collapse

Blista Compact - Dirty Version

Attached Files:

• Blista Compact - Dirty Version.png
  15. Joeyfuller2000

Joeyfuller2000
    Expand Collapse

Alright forget it.

16. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I for one am looking forward to the 4WD Solid front and rear axle covet. Think it'd be fun to thrash around.

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Seems more like you cut the rear axle out of a GM and stuffed it into a Covet...not really "mostly everything" :rolleyes:

It'd be a fun mod but make stuff for yourself, otherwise you will lose all motivation.

18. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Yes, "mostly everything" has been modified...

All the front suspension components have been edited and beefed up, the entire floor of the Covet (both layers) were mostly edited to allow the driveshaft tunnel, the entire rear end where all the suspension mounting points are and were have been changed, deleted and remodelled, the gas tank was relocated, the floor above the SRA has been flattened and raised, the bumpers have been chopped and modified, the front lower radiator support has been chopped and raised to allow better clearance, both front and rear bumper reinforcements have been separated and WILL be a selectable part, 5 lug hubs instead of 4 lug hubs, interior modifications, all the suspension bits all around have been edited to allow for complete and unobstructed travel and excursion...also, the crossmembers below the engine and tranny were also lowered, angled and shaped to allow the bigger engine, this the steering box and tie rod had to be modified as well.

not to mention the entire engine model is completely revamped, it is now (what I want it to be) a 3.3L DOHC V6 and the 4wd is "similar" to Subaru's Symmetrical AWD system, where the front halfshafts come basically directly from the transmission (which is also completely remodelled). The axles, control arms, hubs and coilovers up front were all remodelled and reshaped (not just scaled up) as well as upper arms were all angled, and adjusted to allow the most suspension travel.

If you take a look at the numerous pictures I have provided, you will see that yes, "mostly everything" has been modified and changed. The only parts of the car i did not change are the roof, doors, seats, dash, hood and rollcage, everything else needed to be tweaked since there was a lot of clipping and funny looking bits. It took me close to 15 hours, maybe more, to get all this done. I have a very small amount of shit left to do (i want to chop and raise the rear bumper as well).

HERE is my thread for it where a lot of the work and pictures are documented. Have a look for yourself, a lot of what you see has been changed and modified.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be SRA, the front is going to stay independent unless I really want to go crazy, to do SFA, it will definitely mean a completely revised front subframe and engine position, so that may be the next big job I tackle (maybe make the SFA optional, IFS standard).

I wont lose the motivation to finish the project, I just need some help, thats all.

#4918 SHOme1289, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  19. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit man and who gives a fuck. I mean, I do my mods because it entertains me mainly, and if something comes out nice at the end i release it, end of plan. I wouldn't stick to BeamNG for a second if it didn't have the nicely responsive mod support it has now.
    I make my mods by myself at times with help of people, but its just because it entertains me and that is the best and most important part. I don't have to give a damn about anybody that cares, because its my fun and i enjoy it, the entertainment of other people is just a side product that comes out at times, i sometimes pop a screen in the comm screens, see if peeps like it, if no then i fucking finish it anyway because its my bloody mod and i like it.
    If you don't entertain yourself it has just purely no point in trying this because just like it was said before you are gonna lose motivation in an instant, because doing stuff for others is boring, so fuck that.
    So stop being such a fucking drama queen and say you are gonna suicide and nobody ever liked you, because if that is gonna get you anything then that is hate, and that is the bad side of town in terms of attention.

about learning to do the shit: just trial and error, my and every single modder including nad, dsam, myth, cbrider, everyone on this game has done that and exactly that, once you figure out the basic you are gonna understand everything, and its gonna go real easy after that. If you don't have the patience to do all that stuff, well then that is your problem and nobody is gonna help you with that.

20. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

please don't kill each other if you cannot smile :) your work is far too valued here

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice