1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

2. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Pikes Peak is such a long course. :|

Attached Files:

• fc840bebee.png
  3. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

^ Needs more Torque

8b1eL.jpg

I copied.

8b1nH.jpg

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Along with the other projects, I planned this one. I'm calling it MPM: The "More Parts Mod".
    Basically, I'm rebuilding the original DAE including parts from other vehicles too (and some custom made ones), that will be selectable from the parts editor.
    From some weeks I've been planning on how to proceed and what kind of parts to add and not.

I started from the beloved Hatch.
    We got 2 new kind of Exhaust (Can't make more, as I'm trying not to edit the original bumper).
    A double exhaust, and a 20% bigger one. That's just a small preview of what I have in mind :D

1.png
    2.png

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Kay so got the E36 driving pretty well now, without slidenodes, but it feels quite alright. This is the 318iS version with 135hp, just like my real life car, except this one has M3 suspension, because I haven't yet found the "regular" E36 spring rates. The front and rear spring balance made a world of difference in how the car handles, though it's still too tight on front(yes, with the floppy steeringrack, I know), and too loose in the back, compared to my own car. But I'm still quite happy with it for now... Got a few more vids that I was laughing the whole way through that I'll edit in once they've uploaded :p They consist of me going downhill and failing really hard. I think I reset it only once in the very beginning cause I broke a wheel? :p
    EDIT: Playlist for funny downhill bit: Click
    (The bit where I got the car righted is NOT a new feature or whatever. Dunno if it happens in the public alpha build too, but in my pretty old devbuild(around same age as the public one) there was a bug where pressing f7 would teleport the car to the camera position or something)

Keep in mind that this is very WIP. Still need to do a load of stuff on the n/b, like adding/tuning the ABS(there is ABS in the downhill one, but not tuned right), and, well, making my own mesh... Just wanting to show how much difference it makes if you build your suspension like the real thing, like Dkutch did for this thing.

#1005 Mythbuster, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

Stuffed that bloody project. New one started up. I decided to use similar colours .Here's a pic:

Attached Files:

• image.jpg
  7. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

beamng es numero uno huehuehuehuehueheuheuheuheuheuheuheuehuhuehuehueheeuhe

(imported from here)

8. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

I think it might help if you start off just sketching some side views, to get a feel for the proportions of the car. Forget about all the styling details until you have a solid volume that youre satisfied with. Then start adding some linework and graphics, but don't overdo it.

Looks cool though, definitely some potential, just slow down, try to understand what youre drawing.

9. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

is it just me, or is anyone else really excited for the MPM, it will add so much variety

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I hope so :)

Added another wheel variety (Moonhawk 2nd type steelies)
    Made a variant of the rear bumper for double exhaust
    Double "Double" exhaust
    Roof Antenna
    Mini-Spoiler with Brakelight

3.png

Still more to add :D

V If I got the time, why not?

#1010 Nadeox1, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  11. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

THIS.IS.AWESOME

are you going to do this with all the base cars?

12. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Sexy! if I recall you used the Grand Marshal jbeam? just curious as to how the suspension works, considering it has struts. The deformation looks great, so keep up the good work ^_^
    Nice, I think it's a really good idea, as it's really fun tuning your car how you want it with many options. The single twin exhaust is my favourite so far, and the mesh wheels look great on the Covet too. I will have many available parts on my cars when I get around to making them:D

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

mesh wheels are in the existing covet DAE as is, just not JBeamed as an ingame part, I think they look great though

14. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I've seen them in the file before, but never bothered to give them a jbeam. They are easily my favourite wheels for the Covet, being period correct and so on. As I recall, the sportier Covet coming with the race update will use them.

15. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I'm still using the Grand Marshal's suspension -wishbones up front, solid rear axle- so the handling isn't near where I want it. I'm seriously considering a scratch-made jbeam for this thing. Adjusting the bodywork is child's play, but suspension mounting points, drivetrain architecture, and other jazz are really out of whack because the design between the cars is so different.

I'm not too concerned; I'm not aiming to release it any time soon ;)

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The Covet MRi mods from Dkutch has them selectable from the parts menu :D

17. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

It's not hard at all. Just need to change some object names in the dae and bam!

Attached Files:

• 470ed65e33.png
    #1017 dkutch, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I got the parts I made till now ingame (yup, that's ingame screens :D)

Meshed wheels on the right and Steelies on the left

(imported from here)

In the foreground the Bigger Single Exhaust, and the spoiler (with working brakelight), in the BG the Double Twin exhaust.

(imported from here)

To come:
    Right Side mirror

EDIT:

wttHQXC.jpg

Spoiler is also detachable, it has it's own structure :D

#1018 Nadeox1, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  19. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

It would be nice if there was a feature that simply (probably not even possible :L) flip and mirror the mesh, then flip the J-beam to the flipped mesh of the dashboard (possibly the whole interior for ease sake?). In my head it makes sense, kind of, but the way i have written it isn't so clear. Anyway, looks pretty cool, loving the double exhausts! :)

20. Jalkku

Jalkku
    Expand Collapse

Tried to get as many of my ongoing vehicle projects in one picture as possible.
    Too many, I know.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00038.jpg
    • screenshot_00042.png
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice