1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Pigeon-based Reliant Robin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

Bro, I was making a Lancia Stratos mod with some other people just now. Well, not a Stratos, n
    Oh. That's cool... Is it done yet?

• Like Like x 2
  3. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the model is still WIP.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

if you read a few posts then you would know that it is in fact a:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ovahlls

Ovahlls
    Expand Collapse

I didn't really read them. I just posted because it was on the Forums as marked new.

6. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-8-8_13-37-22.png
    looking any better?

• Like Like x 3
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I don't know much about modeling either, but one question occurred to me, what you are using this edge for, what shape in real vehicle there is that it follows? Is it a rear edge of door/window? Edge towards front of that might be bit close to it, maybe.
    upload_2018-8-8_21-35-54.png
    upload_2018-8-8_21-41-28.png Hatch for comparison, notice how equal gap there is between edges on door, I think that is what one needs to aim for, on window it seems one can have edges quite much leaning to achieve even gap on edges of the door.

You might be better of spying pigeon though, as if you will be using pigeon jbeam, placement of vertices in your mesh do have a meaning as when node moves in a crash, closest vertex is one being moved in a mesh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the feedback, the edge was for the door window but I see how it's un-necessary. I'll try to create more even gaps from now on :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is difficult, for example look that hatch rear window, how naturally they bring two edge loops to one, that is something I always fail to do. All I really know is that it takes huge number of fails to create one working piece and with round shapes I lift my paws high up in the air and start looking somewhere else, those are beyond me :p

10. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

yeah, it's hard to get it just right. That's why I'm doing as many practice runs before I do the main model. Try and figure out the best way of going about it :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

Try and use the Edge Split modifier (at about 55 degrees) and then click "smooth" so then it doesn't look as "flat"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. alex hart

alex hart
    Expand Collapse

yeah that does look better :). Too much going on around the A-pillar right?
    upload_2018-8-8_15-42-26.png
    --- Post updated ---
    progress: upload_2018-8-8_17-49-9.png

• Like Like x 5
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Lots of improvement in such a short time!

Those two edges that run close to each other on roof, maybe you could make a /\ where pillar ends that would make roof cleaner.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LupinSanSei67

LupinSanSei67
    Expand Collapse

So after a little research in my own time, I've finally managed to step-up from Automation ports!
    screenshot_00034.png
    I'm not sure if I will be able to deliver something as good as what some of the other modders here have managed, on account of my lack of skill and limited free time, but I will try my best to produce something release-worthy.
    screenshot_00035.png
    I should also point out that I didn't make the mesh, I used it from Juiced 2, my plan is to work at making it suitable for this game, and also to read up and get my head around jbeam (which I've been doing slowly so far)

If you have any advice for me I'd be happy to hear it!

#18334 LupinSanSei67, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dayz Me Rollin'

Dayz Me Rollin'
    Expand Collapse

:p

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. LupinSanSei67

LupinSanSei67
    Expand Collapse

So I've been reading up about jbeams on the wiki, which I must say was very helpful (a big thankyou to the people who documented it:D)
    I was able to make the dashboard have a LHD or RHD option via the jbeam!
    screenshot_00040.png screenshot_00041.png
    The camera position and steering wheel are adjusted based on the dashboard selected!!
    screenshot_00038.png screenshot_00044.png
    I also figured out how I can fix the body not having a texture, then again I think it looks really good in orang, so I kinda don't want to fix it:D:D
    screenshot_00037.png
    then again, you should never trust orang...
    screenshot_00043.png
    I think it's angry at me for not knowing how to edit the jbeam shape (the next step for me!)

• Like Like x 9
  17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I have some bad news...
    The AE86 already has a mod. sorry to break it for you, maybe you can try with a different car

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. LupinSanSei67

LupinSanSei67
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes, that mod, I actually tried it, to be honest I was quite dissappointed to find it riddled with errors and inaccuracies (for starters it drives like a 70s lada, not an AE86:p), So I figured I would try and make a better one myself. If anything, I'd say a little friendly competition will be a good thing, giving both myself and the author of the other mod reason to work our hardest to produce the best result :)
    Also if you take into account that the average GTA modding site has at least 10 of the same Lamborghini model, 2 AE86s isn't all that strange.

Anyways, I made some basic adjustments to the front suspension (moved the suspension back to suit the wheelbase of the AE86), so it handles a lot better now.
    screenshot_00045.png
    Next up I will tackle the rear suspension, which is going to be a lot harder on account of the AE86 having a solid axle type suspension (to my knowledge, the 200BX jbeam on which the above is based uses an independant type suspension). I will try to swap some suspension components from a more suitable car, hopefully all goes well~

Oh and I almost forgot, it was nice of you guys to remember my birthday:oops:
    birthday.png

• Like Like x 13
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I already know one place where the competition may get tough, and that's the bodystyles. One of the things I particularly like about schumacher's mod is the inclusion of not only the hatchback that Initial D made popular, but the coupe as well, along with both the exposed and hidden headlights.

20. LupinSanSei67

LupinSanSei67
    Expand Collapse

you know what they say, be careful what you wish for!
    birthday.png
    It's the 2 door Trueno mesh from GRID, which I am trying to botch on to the Juiced 3 door mesh. It's a bit of a pain in the rear (pun not intended)

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice