1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Crafting 769 faces.
    upload_2018-8-29_19-53-27.png
    upload_2018-8-29_19-53-15.png

I did took few liberties, there is more space to drive than real thing, also narrow walls do have two rows of windows at top IRL, but I'm going for simpler design as for this game's purposes this should be fine and that is saving quite many polygons.

Texturing and making materials for ground level is exceeding my skills though, it is all glass with revolving doors and everything. Also few details to be added to ground level, but I have not decided yet how to proceed with that.

Oh yes and UV mapping needs doing, but I rather have mesh ready before that.

Then I was thinking, that I could make simple interior and have that as solid color with darkened windows without textures, which would probably be easier hardware load than texturing, but need to test both routes I guess.

Or I could claim scene is from Russia :)
    upload_2018-8-29_20-12-51.png

Update:

Fixed few bugs, so it is now down to 685 faces, even 1060 should be able to render 10 000 of these.
    upload_2018-8-29_22-6-36.png
    Going to try some textures to that tomorrow, also need to assemble lods, but considering GPU power available today, I'm not sure if those might even harm actual performance.

#18521 fufsgfen, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Will it be destructible or not?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

No, it will be performing, at least if there is anything I can do about it, no lods in this test so each building is running on highest details, also all those are running on visual collision and all are static objects:
    upload_2018-8-29_23-7-49.png
    Gridmap (that tiny white spot on left) is about 1km by 1km. That is 1009 buildings.

Thing is, there are no textures now, so I'm curious how much textures will impact the performance.

It is kinda nice experience when you have something around you, even textures are lacking:

Also real city would have a 'bit' more stuff around you as well as variety in buildings, but how much impact each different aspect will have to performance of the map, that is what I try to find out and only way is to make at least few different kind of stuff and test how different choice affect performance.

Building itself is inspired by Wells Fargo building at Lubbock, only measurement I had was height, rest I had to eyeball, so it might not be within 1cm tolerance, also I did choose to have bit wider space to drive under and such small changes, so I call it inspired, but free for grabs really when I have finished with that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JohnV

JohnV
    Expand Collapse

Worked on a new rock system I came up with, that creates realistic cracks. Still need to work on the contrast though.
    3DView17.png 3DView18.png 3DView20.png 3DView19.png 3DView12.png 3DView15.png 3DView16.png 3DView11.png

• Like Like x 23
  5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Are you just making landscapes, or are you planning on putting them into the game?
    Seriously though, those look amazing! I tried world machine or whatever program your using, and failed. I watched a video and gave up :D It looks very confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnV

JohnV
    Expand Collapse

I definitely plan to move them in the game, but my powerful computer broke, so I'm trying to get a new one, and I can't work on the game until then. Those builds were done on 4GB RAM pc, not much for BeamNG... Also, everything is pretty slow.

World Machine is an excellent software. I have been working on it for years, and I feel you, it wasn't easy at all. My first terrain was Badlands Rally for Rigs of Rods back in 2012 - when I first started using World Machine - which was a very basic eroded perlin noise, coloured with basic coverage. I couldn't think or do much more at the time and it was really difficult.

Believe me, if you keep practicing, eventually you will evolve! As long as you like this hobby.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Do you know what broke in your computer?
    Also thats amazing! I don't think Ill try to learn the software, but if I ever do I doubt ill be as good as you. :p

8. JohnV

JohnV
    Expand Collapse

The motherboard was the issue. It was actually a laptop (better than my pc!, yeah I know), so I couldn't do much to repair it. I was planning to get a new one anyway, but it slowed me down.

9. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

I need to adjust scaling and re map textures. Which I am currently learning as I type this the utility bed is being used under DarthCain's redistribution policy which you can read here. I want to make it clear and evident that The Utility Bed model and textures go to their respected author, DarthCain If he himself wishes this to be taken down I will do so.

With that out of the way, here's the backstory wit this one... The D'series lacks any real bed modifications, the only bed modification I know of is the flatbed that comes with the game, so me and my infinite wisdom decided to fix that... So voila this thing... A bed modification... Anyway. Back to porting :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  10. DarthCain

DarthCain
    Expand Collapse

Uh. No. License was updated in 2014

#18530 DarthCain, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
  11. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

the official forum meaning the RoR forum...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Slowly working out node positions for the suspension components of the Fintray, pretty time consuming but hopefully worth it.
    I could also change other parts but I don't know yet, I dont have 3 weeks off :D
    IMG_20180830_120504.jpg

• Like Like x 27
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  13. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

engineer intensifies

• Agree Agree x 11
  14. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Euro truck wheels I modelled a long time ago are finally in game.
    screenshot_00001.png

• Like Like x 18
  15. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

Are you going to make the Raven dlc wheels from euro truck too ? Or Michelin dlc tires ?

16. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I´m planning to import original rims from MAN in FS17, but probalby nothing else.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Well you can see where i'm going here.
    screenshot_00888.png screenshot_00889.png screenshot_00890.png
    I sort of broke the car too so i'll be doing more work to this
    --- Post updated ---
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Added something else
    screenshot_00891.png screenshot_00892.png screenshot_00893.png

• Like Like x 11
  18. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

not 100% sure what you're going for, unless it's just the massive bash bar/tube front end or whatever. looks sick for drifting.

since i need to post something too, here's the first rough rendition of the engine for the ETK A-series i'm working on.
    torque-curve1.png
    it's a turbocharged 1.2L boxer 4 engine. i think the spool is a little early, but besides that i'm pretty happy with how it turned out. probably won't take much tweaking to get it exactly how i want it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

xd
    screenshot_00220.png screenshot_00221.png screenshot_00222.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 1086lee

1086lee
    Expand Collapse

I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing lmao
    lol.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice