1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Development Screens (Each post contains a picture OR contributing post)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LT. Smell My, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

it never happened
    Blender9_2_20186_13_20PM.png Blender9_2_20186_13_28PM.png

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

How this reminds me from the time, when I had to fit close to 20 laptops to Yaris, with their supplies, bags and whole lot of other stuff. It looks to be an easy task, but then you realize there are all kind of shapes at the interior which eat whole lot of space.

Maybe you could make trunk to open so that we can try to put traffic cone in there, which obviously would not fit? Then again luggage set is something this game is missing? :p

3. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

that would be a nice feature. ideally, i'd make all the doors open and close too, but that's where it starts to get overly complicated for something that has next to no use. i will try my best to make the trunk and frunk open and close with the push of a button

hopefully someone will make a luggage set mod. personally, i would do it, as it seems relatively simple and easy, but i can't do any kind of texturing, so that would have to be someone else's job.
    also, i'm wondering if i'm underestimating the task? why has there not been any suitcase mods yet?

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There are some rules in modding, or truths that are set to stone.

One being whatever your estimation is, at least double it, preferably ten fold or more :)

Texturing is kinda challenging, but also model, you can't have just a simple box, there are lot of rounded corners and I avoid those like a plague.

Then you can't have luggage bag as a solid steel object, sides should have bit of flex and it is edge which is strongest part, to make it properly jbeam will produce some headache for sure.

However main reason for not having luggage is probably that most cars don't have trunk to put luggage into.

If I would make luggage bag, I would probably end up trying to figure out how to have it open by crash and spread stuff around, which would end up so complex that it would get stuck into "I'll look this bit later" -pile which pretty much everything I attempt ends up.

For trunk opening, pickup tailgate is one to copy stuff from, I think it has some lua which is needed, but should be quite easy to adapt. For doors etc it is just similar, but needs different bindings, might be actually faster than making luggage.

I have been attempting to fix handling issue of AM car I made, but it tends to get too involved again, need to try lowering engine inertia next, tires have also issue of shaking again, too heavy nodes etc. :

It is just ridiculous how easy that spin semi slicks tires, even I have set it very oversteery. Also added wing changes quite a bit, I did tune it in AM with a rear downforce first and then attempting to get same downforce in Beam, but I don't want ugly visible wing on it.
    So technically I guess I would need to work whole jbeam to be better fit, especially on rear to get more proper aero effects, also diffuser should be made etc. Maybe if I get it to work with a hack, but any vehicle I made ends up having such issues that makes it quite involved to get them publish worth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-9-3_19-43-12.png
    Adapting official etk800 glowmaps for trackhawk
    Hey!Adapted glowmaps are cooler than custom ones!
    screenshot_00151.png

• Like Like x 10
  6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Been a looong time since I have posted progress on the R60. However, some has been made. Not as much as I would have hoped for, but its getting there, along with other projects :rolleyes:

The alignment and suspension settings of many model variants has been overhauled, bringing better drivability etc etc

It is now also possible to alter the wheelbase width of the vehicle with a slider. Meaning you can now do abominable stuff with the wheel alignments fairly easily xD
    screenshot_00150.png -> screenshot_00151.png -> screenshot_00153.png
    This isn't done via wheel spacers fyi, its changing the length of the suspension arm on the MacTherson strut. So if you really want to dial in your configuration, you got track width options, along side toe and camber. Obviously, no guarantees that it will drive well with -5000deg of camber applied :p

The electric drivetrains are also improved in terms of vibrations, wheels are more stable, and more UV mapping of the interior has been done. Just know that I am not good at texturing, so don't have high expectations for how that side of things will turn out. My current plan is to do general diffuse textures, then bump map the bodywork and leave it at that.

#18586 aljowen, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 19
  7. BeamCarHomeTrade

BeamCarHomeTrade
    Expand Collapse

What do we like in CSR2's customization?
    You can tune interior color:
    so i brought dis ting bacc to trackhawk in beamng
    just use second color palette and paint it to any color you want!
    screenshot_00153.png screenshot_00155.png screenshot_00152.png
    also more glowmaps (im using ADAPTED original etk800 glowmap uv):

screenshot_00164.png screenshot_00165.png screenshot_00156.png screenshot_00157.png screenshot_00158.png screenshot_00159.png screenshot_00160.png screenshot_00161.png screenshot_00162.png screenshot_00163.png

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Wait, are you really using a model from a mobile game?

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. CineCrasher

CineCrasher
    Expand Collapse

cool trackhawk im making a mesh slap but its rlly hard and confusing
    --- Post updated ---
    I am too

Attached Files:

• Captureblender.png
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

No offense but that front Jeep logo looks horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Shiokarai

Shiokarai
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

anything ive seen of his looks decent at best, hes not very good at modding
    i understand hes a beginner though, im not hating, i know he can get better
    but like seriously, i took this a while ago

how to you align something that poorly and think its fine?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

can u not

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

The BMW i3 is also a rear engine rear drive car
    but anyway its electric so its boring (the bigest and worst enemy for a car guy even a toyota prius makes more fun)

so better stay with the normal VW UP :p

#18593 tobias95ng, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Took only 4 hours to figure out what option was wrong as reflectivity map refused to work, but finally figured it out. Just a test texture, I will paint corners to texture and probably will make two rows of windows to top as it looks nicer, also correct number of floors will be made, but slapped something made in powerpoint for quick test of this reflectivity stuff:
    upload_2018-9-4_3-17-26.png
    upload_2018-9-4_3-34-49.png

I guess that turning down saturation is also in order, but other pics look so different, also I'm going to make building bit lighter and not to include windows at narrow ends of the building, probably not texts either, but those can be added by anyone:
    upload_2018-9-4_3-36-58.png
    Burn in my wrist intensifies again, so have to limit a bit of what I do.

• Like Like x 5
  15. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it's not electric (probably), so nothing to worry about. :D
    even if i decide to add an electric version, gas and diesel will be offered.

please nobody judge me for the photos inside this spoiler, they're not even close to done. actually, they're not even really started. just some k-series stuff resized and moved. i'd like opinions on whether or not the general design of this looks good, or if i should go with something a little different.
    Screenshot45.png Screenshot44.png Screenshot43.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SPENCER6665555999

SPENCER6665555999
    Expand Collapse

looks good is that a etk hatch or wagon

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

city-car hatch
    Screenshot46.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I liked the volkswagen look a bit more. I mean the kseries look is not original in beamng

19. SPENCER6665555999

SPENCER6665555999
    Expand Collapse

keep the front I think u should add a back light going across the back connecting would look really cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the opinion, i'll try to switch it up a bit. i don't really want to release it as a volkswagen, since the drivetrain layout (and lots else) is completely different from the up!, so i'd have to call it "what the vw up! should have been (not clickbait)", which is wordy. also, i'm determined to get a good look for it. i've never really been a fan of the up!'s dopey smiling face. i get it's a subcompact hatch, but i think coming from a company that makes this type of stuff:
    db2017au00990_large.jpg ihuTcFBZ.jpg
    and (arguably) the coolest looking vw ever:
    S0-modele--volkswagen-scirocco-2.jpg
    (seriously, look at this thing)
    volkswagen-scirocco-by-aspec.jpg

the up can't compare.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice