1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Development screenshots #1 [Closed]

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by gabester, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Sunburst is great for rally :)

aae077b719.jpg

Hitting a small jump at 160km/h while carrying a Covet seemed like a good idea.

379f252d68.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

And all at a silky smooth 10 fps :p

3. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I know I will look bad for this, but when can we try these vehicles ourselves? I mean, what is holding up the next update so much?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The fact that those are not completed probably :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

I put that post a bit confusing and wrong. My question was: When is the next update coming? What is holding up the next update? The vehicles aren't done, but there is stuff for the next update that is done, like improved vehicle collisions, friction updates and more. Is this the start of another 9-month waiting period? I thought the devs said that we will get quicker, smaller updates...

6. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Wow that's nice... FOR YOU.

Is it planned to allow access to dev builds? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some teasing, but not when I'm not getting any of that for months.

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

*sigh* Jeez guys, use some independent thought. He's trying to give us a sneak peek because us peasants are stuck until the rest of the devs are ok with updating. He's a dev too you know. As in, he's done some stuff in the game. (I don't remember what though. :p)

EDIT: Wow, you guys complain when there aren't any progress screenshots, you complain when there are.

8. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

This is exactly, exactly what I mean with my previous 2 posts. At least there is someone who understands me...

I would not mind having a truck without an interior. I would not mind at all. However, I am starting to mind to wait for over 6 months to have the truck in my game.

9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Lets just shut down the entire project. But wait, that would irritate us as well!

Make up your mind guys.

10. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Shut down the project? Why would they do that?

11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

At least sam is looking out for us and giving us regular screenshots. Why isn't anyone thanking him for that?

12. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It was a joke. You guys asked for more dev screens, so you got some, but now you are complaining about them.

Don't complain about what you get.

13. shockwaffleman

shockwaffleman
    Expand Collapse

Why can't we all be happy for what we get? I feel like I'm the only one really happy when more pics roll In.

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Why are the vehicles not coming out as fast as they were?
    Hirochi-Sunburst

When is the next update ready?
    When it's ready. The developers have lives, families, stuff to do. They don't sit at a PC all day.

There is a blogpost coming within the week most likely. Try to contain yousrelves until then :|

OT: The Sunburst is looking sexiii! Want :p. Patiently waiting ofcourse ;)

15. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

All we get? We haven't got anything for weeks.. Oh nevermind, I guess I am the only one together with Davidbc who thinks like this. But I'll be happy to wait another 8 months for a next update.

16. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

What the hell... So people are fast to complain when you don't get any progress pics.. And now people complaining that I posted some?
    Obviously if you used your eyes, you'd see these vehicles ARE NOT ready. No one said you'll need to wait 9 months, obviously the race update is a big one, why bother breaking it up into 100 patches? How exciting would that be? It would just further delay things and slow progress, getting builds ready isn't a 5 minute job.

You know, I'm sorry that working for BeamNG grants me access to things, and sorry for showing off some great things you guys will get when they're ready..

If you bother to read the dev blogs(Please don't if seeing unreleased content will offend you), you'd know that progress is full speed ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Development isn't as easy and pain-free as you seem to think it is. This is coming from a software and game dev here...

Also, if you really want to know what you've gotten? You've gotten a bunch of hard working devs trying to get an update ready as quickly as possible. You've got a bunch of hard working devs working on this, making it as bug-free as possible, making is worth releasing. And you treat them like shit. Congratulations (Y)

(Also read the previous post...)

#2217 Dummiesman, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  18. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Well when are they ready? It's just annoying that this truck has not gotten ANY progress in 2 months or so. If there was actually progress with the truck, I wouldn't bothered getting teased. But come on, this is starting to become rediculous... We keep getting teased and there hasn't been any progress with the truck in a LOONG time. I am waiting for the truck since the first progress screenshot and now I see the latest screens there hasn't been ANY progress at all. THAT'S why it bothers me. Sorry if it offended you, but that's the way I think. I might look like a huge A'hole to you, but this is my opinion..

- - - Updated - - -

I don't treat them like shit at all. BeamNG is one of my favourite sims/games and I have reccommended it to so many of my friends. I purchased a legal copy.. I don't treat them as shit at all!

19. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Typically, alpha access means you're supposed to get the bleeding edge builds... just sayin. I can get where these guys are coming from. If it were beta access, I'd expect somewhat more polished builds.

20. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Have you not heard that gabe is going through some issues currently, and how there is another vehicle that he is working on.

You do look like a big asshole right now, tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice