1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Development screenshots #1 [Closed]

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by gabester, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

After careful examination of Gabe's screen I have to say I'm somewhat turned off by the front fender to grill transition flow lines. Just something off about it.
    I agree the front end needs a bit more vertical volume to it also. None the less this will be a fantastic addition to the line up and it really looks kick ass
    lifted. I hope there's all sorts of variety with the Roamer, from nauseating roll over prone kid barges to dedicated and tweaked off road monsters.:cool:

2. falcon xr8

falcon xr8
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking that lol.

3. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

View attachment 56870

I agree, there was something off about the way it looks. I've had a bit of a photoshop playaround where I angled the hood line a bit, literally just bulking it up at the back of the hood, not touching the nose of the car at all. Then I moved the front wheel back. So now it matches the front end proportions of what happens when you google 90's Ford Explorer. It kind of alleviates the problem by breaking up it's squareness. Doing that to it has me reminded a little bit of a dodge ram minivan, so the greenhouse was made slightly taller.

Retool.png

#2643 Hati, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. kyebo69

kyebo69
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone perhaps thought that maybe he wants it to look like that to distinguish it from the ford explorer and others?

5. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, let Gabe be original! This is a Gavril Roamer, not a Ford Explorer. Maybe it is supposed to look a bit odd. It's not the first strange looking car in BeamNG, notice the Soliad Wendover! In real life, there are alot of cars that don't look right. Fiat Multipla for example. The Roamer looks cool, nice to have the first SUV in BeamNG :)

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there's that point of view too. But opinions... y'know. They're diverse. It'll be fun to drive regardless of appearance, and I know from the gavril Zeta gabe knows how to create a good looking SUV. It's oddness probably is intentional. But it's still odd.

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I honestly think that it looks ok. It's a tad bit boring, but all SUVs are. Does that stop me from liking it? No. I think that it's a really nice piece of original design.

I also think that a 2-door variant is required. Like the Explorer Sport and the Isuzu Amigo.

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I also think that the the proportions may look a little better if the rear of the hood was a little higher. But i am not familiar of that style of car especially from that era so for all i know they could have been like that. To be honest it looks pretty good, just goes a bit against convention.

#2648 aljowen, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  9. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Very true. None the less, vehicle manufacturers borrow design cues from each other all the time based on what the consumer and current
    trends are. That logic could be applied to the Gavril line of vehicles. The front end right now needs some serious and unique design lovin'
    and I'd bet if it were a real vehicle Gabe himself would apply some of his patently hilarious descriptions of the front end lines.

I honestly think the Roamer is in it's detail design stage and the point is to get community feedback anyway. An official BeamNG SUV is long
    overdue and for the record I would take this baby right now and "as is". If I despised the front end I would simply find more inventive
    ways to destroy it.

10. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I see those are the door handles from the melty Pissima?

11. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I dunno, from the original pic the Roamer look dangerously like a minivan in the front. I really like what Hati has done here - it looks a lot more SUV here.

12. MercedesEclass

MercedesEclass
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad to see the Roamer in game, to me it looks a bit like a 90s Range Rover.

Also, why doesn't the Roamer have it's own showroom topic like all of the other vehicles?

13. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Better include this,

forester09warning1.JPG

14. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I feel that the game would really benefit from some uglier cars in the game. Not every car in real life is perfect as if our Lord Gabe made them all.

The Roamer looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

15. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

one question:

will it be unstable at highway speeds if you swerve left and right,and the tail breaks loose?
    cause i wanna flip it over on highway maps and stuff,itll be good for accident reconstructions too!

its been forever since ive been online the fourm

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's certainly flippier than the D15, but nothing crazy. If it had passengers in it raising the center of gravity, it would flip quite easily on flat pavement, but not unloaded.

cruncheroni.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Awesome. So looking forwards to that.

Will the running gear/suspension be updated, or will it have 100% identical D15 suspension? >by this i mean that on the moonhawk the driveshaft is detailed with joints etc. but on the first BeamNG cars it is just simply a stretched cylinder. sorry if i'm not engrish very much

Also, is it gonna receive some special alloys, or are all factory rims going to be like on the D15? (a work truck might have a little less need for style than a family SUV)

18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's still on the D15 chassis and shares all the base meshes/jbeams. Yes, I know it's not as nice and detailed as the newer stuff, but I'd rather work on new things instead of redoing this.

I haven't thought about wheels just yet, but I'll probably come up with a more 90s SUV-looking stock alloy for it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Yes of course, I was just curious.

20. kyebo69

kyebo69
    Expand Collapse

Early 90's SUV/Utility wheels. yummy.

5072090028_large.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice