1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Development screenshots #1 [Closed]

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by gabester, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warble

Warble
    Expand Collapse

You could fit 3 year olds back there but not much more i'm guessing the seats dont fold either:rolleyes:

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, yeah you're right about the legroom, that's spot on. The lower part of the seat seems short though. On my Ibiza I believe the sides of the backrests are actually pretty much flush with the front of the wheelwells, the top shock mount is only +-15 cm away from the backrest, but I think the wheels on the Ibiza are closer to the rear corners than on the Covet. I don't know if you'll have the same issue if you just move the backrests further back and stretch the bottom? Then again, probably would stretch the texture and stuff like that, and we're gonna shorten it a bit after we went way too fast around a corner, flinging it into a wall anyway, so who cares :p
    In case you do feel like changing it, maybe this is of some help

(imported from here)
    (imported from here)

(I would get you a better picture, but it's dark outside... Also, don't mind the ugly seat-covers, my seats are completely broken and ripped, no other choice :p)

Lol'ed xD

Also @ Warble: I think they do in real life, on my car the bottom of the seat even hinges up to make the backrest fold flat with the floor. These things get a surprisingly big boot when you fold the seats!

#302 Mythbuster, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

4. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

Correct spelling? Ain't nobody got time for that!
    tumblr_ma3xc4uVYO1r3l66z.gif
    Yes, I know the spelling is wrong on purpose to add to the joke...but ain't nobody got time for that!

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

6. MineTube

MineTube
    Expand Collapse

Wow. This just keeps on getting better and better. Keep it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I know I posted 1 post ago but I just need to say that I've seen a lot of progress in the last week or so! We've seen hubcaps, a new truck, flat tires etc. and I was wondering, are all these being posted as they come or have they been finished and you are just now posting them? If they are really new then all I can say is :eek::eek::eek:.

8. BosniaFTW

BosniaFTW
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, we've gotten a lot of pictures and info for the past couple of days, can we expect this from now on or will it go back to a new picture every few days?

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It depends on what kind of progress we're making. Sometimes it's all under the hood; sometimes we code an exciting new feature or have some cool new environment to show off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Well what will be cool is some Screenshots of side damage like from slow to fast 10 then 20 mph and so on. We know about high speed crash from one of the very old Screenshot. This with a bit of luck will be all the cars. And front crash for each car from slow till fast like 5 mph Screenshots 15 mph Screenshots.

But wee need some back of the car Screenshots that is one we don't see much off. gabester if you dont do this its ok i know you're are very busy.

#310 gtaman788, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  11. Petrovsky

Petrovsky
    Expand Collapse
    duplicate account of banned user AwesomeSauce

Gabe, can you post a pic of the ibishu pigeon? You said it was already ingame and we have never seen it in action...hmmm, gotta be a dead pigeon joke around here somewhere *starts going through files*

12. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I will when I texture it :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if this has already been said, but I noticed the file-name is "bgame blah blah blah" blah being the timestamp which I don't remember. Anyway. is BGame a beta name, or is that what it'll be called?

I apologize if I'm missing something. ;)

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

A beta name I assume. Though I like it. The BGAME! ​In an announcer voice.

15. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

You guys are reading too much into this :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I've been told that before, I "failed" an aptitude test because I overthought it. XD

17. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

I've been told that before, I "failed" an aptitude test because I scribbled all over it. XD

18. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

The filename is formatted like that of a Fraps screenshot, and Fraps screenshots prefixes names with the .exe file's name. Just because its executable is named a certain way doesn't mean the game will have to follow that title.

For example, looking through my games, the first example is Rainbow Six Vegas 2, with a .exe titled R6Vegas2_game.exe. The name of the game doesn't necessarily have to follow the formatting of its executable.

#318 TheAdmiester, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  19. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

There are imperfections, but you can't notice them because bloorm.

notthenameoftheexe.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

>notthenameoftheexe.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice