1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Development screenshots #1 [Closed]

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by gabester, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe Ster

Gabe Ster
    Expand Collapse

pickupthreequarterfront.jpg k-1500-series_regular-cab-pickup_scottsdale_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

I don't know what you're on about... heh

2. MercyFlush

MercyFlush
    Expand Collapse

Hey Gabster/any dev,

I have a quick question about the texture scaling that you use and the resolution of those textures. I run a 30" 2560x1600 (and other times a 2880x1800) screen and am just curious how well the game scales around those different resolutions. I'm sure the textures are quite high in resolution but I was more interested in how well Torque 3D can interoperate them. Plus some high res screenshots with the different post processing would be amazing.

Cheers

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I've got the same 2560x1600 30" monitor setup here. Everything is plenty high res :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. MercyFlush

MercyFlush
    Expand Collapse

Ahh beautiful, I had figured as much haha. CAD on the 30" Is just awesome, I've been using it in my engineering degree for the last year now and what a difference it makes having all that screen real estate! I'm sure you know what I mean ;)

5. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

I came here for my weekly sesh of updates of BeamNG and boy oh boy.. Those screenshots are just tasty guys!
    I can't wait to get my hands on this heheh..

6. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

Yea thats what I thought you were doing :D

7. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

So I've been thinking, if you said you could cut the car in half with enough crashing then can we see a picture of this cut in half car? (maybe make it a pigeon to kill two birds with one stone)

8. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

What you did there....

I see it...

I see it clearly...

9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

lol. But good job guys! You have generated enough interest to have nearly 100 pages on your thread.
    (imported from here)

10. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

+1 from me. But i want to see a car we have seen ingame already. The pigeon wont like a pigeon if its in half it wont look good if iits in half. But i do want to see a cut the car in half.

11. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I'd like the next screenshot to show some serious damage to a car, maybe crashing at 50 mph or something like that :cool:

12. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget that the Grand marshal is a Buick Roadmaster. the exterior looks exactly the same except for some small differences

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I would say that the person who made the actual car knows what it's based on better than a guy who's just seen a couple of pictures of it... :rolleyes:

If Gabester says it wasn't inspired by the Roadmaster then it wasn't inspired by the Roadmaster, even when it looks a lot like it. As far as I can see the '95 Roadmaster has a much larger appearance than the Grand Marshal(even though it probably is about the same size) and the Roadmaster Estate is just a rebadged Caprice/Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.

And @ the people requesting the cutting of meshes, only a month or so ago I can remember one of the devs giving a very good reason why they wouldn't post pictures of it at the moment, so I don't understand why the same question gets asked again... (though I can't recall what it was because quite frankly, I don't really care that much...)

On a different note, the skidmarks really look brilliant... Love how they seem to fade as the wheel slides less(ie on the front wheels they're more subtle), really cool, great work :)

14. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you're right because most games the skid marks are one shade not light or faded.

15. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

are the particles when doing for example a burnout covering the whole wheel or are they just under the tires ? i hope you get what i mean....

16. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Do they do that thing that most car games do and disappear after a short bit, or do they stick around?

17. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I'm willing to bet that if every game does it, it's for a reason, and that BeamNG will do the same. Most likely to do with memory constraints.

18. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

If they are dynamic decals that are created when spinning the wheels then you can set an infinite lifespan for it and make them never disappear, but I don't know if they are decals :confused:

19. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

posting on the 100th page.

20. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

You guys have made amazing progress ever since I first joined! Also 1000th post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice