Solved Diffs/ Rotators interaction with steering (lua?)

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Bernd, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    I successfully implemented rotators to my walking machine (wohoo), but now I'm stuck with a steering problem. I planned a steering in the same way a tank steers- one tank track, or the legs on one side of my walking machine, get stopped or turn in the opposite direction to steer.
    Would it be possible to somehow change wheelDir according to some sort of input? Maybe the lua wizards could help me with that.
    Code:
     "rotators":
        [
            ["name","[group]:","node1:","node2:","nodeS","nodeArm:","wheelDir"],
            {"radius":20.200},
            {"brakeTorque":110000},
            {"parkingTorque":330000},
            {"propulsed":1},
            {"speedo" : false},
            ["spin_motor", ["spin_motor"], "nl8", "nl47", 9999, "n29", -1],
            ["spin_motor1", ["spin_motor1"], "nr11", "nr52", 9999, "n29", -1],
            ["spin_motor2", ["spin_motor2"], "nl154", "nl113", 9999, "n155", 1],
            ["spin_motor3", ["spin_motor3"], "nr157", "nr137", 9999, "n155", 1],
        ],
    There is no visible mesh in the file, but I'm sure you know how to make the n/b visible ;).

Edit: I would also be happy with something like two engines, controlled by the left and right arrow key, one engine takes one side. But that's probaby even more complicated than other solutions:rolleyes:.

Attached Files:

#1 Bernd, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I found a workaround, just some thrusters that apply thrust in the opposite direction of the rotators on one legside, with corrected open diffs.
    Not the prettiest solution, but it works :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice