1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

DirectX issues and other bugs i found

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Societe Generale Chiatt, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Societe Generale Chiatt

Societe Generale Chiatt
    Expand Collapse

I have already created a support ticket about this issue to which the developers replied that I wasn't precise enough.

So to avoid spamming support tickets I am posting this here (and also because I have stumbled upon other minor issues while playing).

My main problem is with fullscreen and borderless modes :
    -In Vulkan pressing Alt+Enter toggles borderless like in any other game
    -In DirectX pressing Alt+Enter toggles the broken fullscreen mode
    I am very used to using Alt+Enter to get in and out of fullscreen in a game but this doesn't work in BeamNG just because the shortcut isn't mapped to the correct thing. Do you imagine the numbers of new players that get confused by this?

This was my main issue now for the other Literally Unplayable™️ ones :
    -The turn signal shortcuts are kinda weird with an AZERTY layout :
    upload_2024-4-27_21-13-27.png
    -The Insert key is still used for vehicle recovery and despite it not being present on modern keyboards and the I key now being free (I don't really car about this one since I use a controller)
    -This Soliad Lansdale config has second gen production dates despite being first gen
    Screenshot2024-04-16204842.png
    -And last but not least, these road markings in WCUSA don't make sense! (you think there is 4 lanes but there is only 2)
    Screenshot2024-04-16205420.png Screenshot2024-04-16205536.png
    That's it for my Literally Unplyable™️ issues, if I find more I will let you know!

2. Societe Generale Chiatt

Societe Generale Chiatt
    Expand Collapse

I have found something else, and that is in the way vulkan handles traffic. Basically I think that the auto setting that determines the number of car to spawn over estimates your cpu performance since vulkan is "worse" at managing traffic and it will take more ressources

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice