Dreams

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Dummiesman, May 31, 2015.

1. JCX034

JCX034
    Expand Collapse

I have a really weird dream last night that I rode a damn black tiger at its back like I ride a horse but the tiger was running really fast that it can outrun the Toyota Land Cruiser Series 80 at the drag strip against the Ford Mustang convertible. The black tiger was not fierce to me but it charge toward the Mustang driver. After that I woke up from my dream and said "Damn, this s*** is weird af"

This is the black tiger looks like if I not wrong:

This is the Series 80 Toyota Land Cruiser I was mention:

And this is the Mustang convertible I was talking about:

#521 JCX034, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Admittedly, now that I come to think of it, I really did go far too harshly on you in that comment, and I apologize for that. I never intended on insulting you, it's just that...well...I'm not exactly one to criticize everyone and everything, but most of the time when I do criticize something, I tend to be brutally honest in expressing my opinion, as shown here from this thread where I made a massive rant about the game itself and the dev team:

That's a bad habit of mine to go way too far into the "honest" side of expressing my opinion, and most of the time when I write stuff like this, I don't mean to be hurtful or insulting to the other person or group of people; however, I seriously crossed a line in both that post and the one that you quoted. I seriously should have just taken that as what it was (an honest compliment), but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't sarcasm; admittedly, I did that in all the wrong ways by directly insulting you and your general forum behavior, so again, I apologize for that.

However, I would like to thank you for honestly complimenting my writing skills; I spent a load of time on that story, trying to sort out all of the details in my dream, so for someone to have said something as simple as "Hey, that's a really great story!" means a lot to me. May I ask what it is that you liked most about it?

OT: Just had a really weird dream last night about this game company called "BeanMG.rdisve", which was lead by Ivan Lochcov (under the name "Noodliox1") and a few other people called "kibblestar," "teadev," and "pizzol," where all of the permabanned members of the BeamNG forums go to play an alternative version of BeamNG.drive and chat on an alternative version of the BeamNG forums. That all sounds good at first, but all of the BeanMG.rdisve forums and the game itself were full of text like this:

"Pl0x fllooow hte fslorm rlusoes" for "Please follow the forum rules."

"R00ditrtor dmsaged" for "Radiator damaged"

"00zng 'Rleseasistic' gibbleboox blehavbinsator" for "Using 'Realistic" gearbox behavior"

"Gnenrerar dlizgcustion" for "General Discussion"

...and others, of course.

Apparently, in the dream, BeanMG.rdisve became more popular than BeamNG.drive because BeanMG used clickbait, REALLY LOUD TITLES, and "dank MLG memes" in their promo videos for vehicles like the "Ibloishugyu Hgf00psrr," "Glavrislyl Blyatstool," and "Blrsubcklelsll Lelelgramgisnny" (Ibishu Hopper, Gavril Barstow, and Bruckell LeGran, respectively). Not sure how that would happen if nobody could understand anything that the devs were putting out.

#522 DriftinCovet1987, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

thank you for your honesty, I think we all (especially me) can learn from you.

To answer your question, I liked how real the characters seemed. They really had a personality. For example, the queen lady in the first spoiler I can picture so clearly, this uptight, skinny, otherworldly lady looking down on her kingdom that was destroyed. I can almost feel her pain.

Ontopic:I had a dream where I bought a lamp for 5 bucks at target. I was walking out of the store with my 5 dollar lamp and some bulbs when the lightbulbs turned on. They were still in the box. I said in the most calm voice ever, "Well these turnips are no good." And I threw the box of lightbulbs across the store.

The end!

• Like Like x 1
  4. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

Once I had a dream where I fell asleep and started dreaming. About what, you ask? I dunno. But it was hilarious.

5. HondaFanboy

HondaFanboy
    Expand Collapse

One time i had a dream that I was smart xD

6. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

You're welcome.

Also, that's great to know that I've finally got a story where the characters and their actions actually have some meaning to the plot. I've tried to turn my dreams into stories several times before, and every time that I try, there's always some major underlying problem with the story.

I once dreamed, a few years back, of a scenario where I lived in the same sandwich shop in Wizards of Waverly Place, with an uncle that I don't have, who drove an Eight-Six exactly like the famous tofu hauler, and had friends like the characters from Initial D. The problem was...I couldn't convert that dream into a story, no matter how hard I tried to get it going, and I canned the 2 bland pages that were its beginnings a few days after starting There wasn't anything that I could build that off of from that.

I also dreamed a few years ago that the Need For Madness cars (which could live, like the cars in Cars) had to combat some weird foe that I can't remember, and that they had some school that they went to. I trashed that after spending 2-3 pages describing each and every Need For Madness car's character in 1-2 paragraphs very plainly, and the plot just had no real significance or anything interesting to add to the 6-8-page beginning of the story, either.

Last year, or a couple years ago, Mom told me to try writing fanfiction as a summer project. I tried finding a fandom which I could base my fanfiction piece on, but it was to no avail, as I couldn't sort out any sort of plot to the story, even if I tried dreaming about it. I deleted that after 3-4 paragraphs due to the fact that Harry Potter is so overused, and fanfiction, which automatically limits the living daylights out of almost anything I could write, was never my thing in the first place at the time.

Last spring, I tried writing a story about a dream I had had about a little Pigeon who raced around JRI for my Web Design class final. Even though it had been the best fictional piece I'd ever written to that point, it just didn't have any real pull to try and get me to write more about it. It felt more like a chore than a fun task to do, so I abandoned it after I submitted it for school.

I even tried writing stories based around roleplay in BeamNG last summer, mostly based around events I had dreamed of before going to bed. I developed my writing massively from these roleplays, but they got far too repetitive for me and far too out of my control to be appealing to me at all. Both Initial Beam and my apoc roleplay series went from being fun and sensible to being bland and/or gory within weeks or a couple months.

The thing is...all of these stories (or attempts at stories) revolved around a few key similarities...

*Almost all of them involved dreams which I had tried to refine for weeks or months before starting, with the only exception being my fanfiction attempt.
    *All of them involved things that I was/am interested in (cars, racing games, racing shows).
    *Almost all of my attempts were about cars coming to life, like in Cars, except that being the practical person I am, I couldn't make sense of any sort of significant plot line or character arc related to living cars. Most of the time, I could barely come up with the beginnings of either of these important elements of a story, and therefore was reduced to merely naming facts and describing stuff using the plot, not the characters, for a while.
    *All of them failed because I often had almost all the story visualized in my mind, and didn't feel any need to write anything much in them after I had reached that point (strangely enough).
    *In almost all of them (except the roleplays, to an extent), the characters were very stilted and felt too much like characters, and not people or living beings. In fact, most of the time whenever I mentioned any characters or character actions, they were merely convenient fluff to attempt to prop up a weak plot. They never had any sort of significance towards the plot at all; that's what I resorted to using 2-3 pages of drably-descriptive nonsensical rambling for.
    *The plot lines of each of these stories became far too choppy and far too dead much too rapidly for me to build a 100+ page story upon. Their only real purpose was to describe the characters' personalities lifelessly, tell of events which never made sense as a whole, and confuse the reader(s) as much as possible.

To think that stories which I should have been interested in...stories which already had almost all of the elements ready for me to use, were about things which related to my main interests, and which I had been thinking about for a while, just fell flat on their faces, DOA, after 2-3 months at most. Then again, I was a person who was heavily into nonfiction or realistic fiction for a long while (up until I started listening to Asimov stories on audiobook in early 2016, along with other sci-fi stories), which may have contributed to the bland, research-essay-like style of writing I took up for my early fictional stories. They were honestly so bad and so...clickbait-y, stuck in a fandom or a series of fandoms for enternity, stuck in a virtual Inferno of boom, doom, and gloom, that I wouldn't want to publish them anywhere for children to read (unless it were to be a website for terrible writings).

To think that of all of the things which I would have any interest writing about in, of all the things I could have turned "A solitary figure stood, staring at the empty world below..." for my Creative Writing class into, a wacky sci-fi story which has nothing to do with cars at all is the one I dreamt of writing when I started this ordeal a few weeks ago. I had almost nothing to base the entire story on, almost nothing to base the characters off of, and absolutely nothing to base the plot off of. It's the first time I've ever written anything which has barely anything to do at all about cars (except for school, of course), the first time I've written a sci-fi anything (I'm not a big fan of the genre), and the only story that I've written which I had barely even thought about before starting. However...it just works. Like you said, the characters seem real because I had to design them from the ground up. I had to find a plot to write about for these characters (why, I don't even have 50% of my plot imagined for the story just yet; I have the beginning, some of the ending, and a few bits in the middle, but not much), and I tried something I had only touched upon just recently; the concept of letting the characters describe some important elements of the plot, and letting the plot describe some important elements of the characters. It's working out really well as of right now, and it certainly has been a load of fun so far.

#526 DriftinCovet1987, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

[ T E X T W A L L I N T E N S I F I E S ]

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Heck, I want to read that now. Can you send it to me via PM?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Silvally

Silvally
    Expand Collapse

I WENT TO A BOOK SHELF AND SAW A TIPPY BOOK. I PICKED IT UP. I STARTED READING IT. [1] IN THE BOOK THERE WAS WAYNE CAMPBELL, IZUKU MIDORIA, NORA VALKYRIE AND DAVID BOWIE. I GOT SUCKED INTO THE BOOK [2] AND BECAME A SPECTATOR. THEM FOUR WERE WALKING TO SOME SORT OF MIXAMAJIG (IT LOOKED LIKE ONE OF THOSE WEIRD FANTASY BOOKS). THEN SCOTT FROM SOUTH PARK GAVE (IDK, WAYNE, MIDORIA OR NORA) A POWDER. IT MADE THEM TURN INVISIBLE. I WHISPERED “THATS A VERY GENERIC ABILITY FOR A POWDER”. THEY RAN OUT OF POWDER AND NEEDED MORE. THEN A PORTAL APPEARED AND RICK AND MORTY CAME AND JOINED THEM ON THAT JOURNEY. I MANAGED TO GET A HOLD OF MORE POWDER AND THEN BEFORE GIVING IT TO NORA, THE DREAM ENDED AND I WOKE UP.
    --- Post updated ---
    [1] The Arc was after Doodlinbugly and PL

[2] literally

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream that was basically BeamNG/IRL/Rocket League combined.

I was at this old ladys used car shop, and had this kinda car with a jetpack. So I could fly around places. I was flying around just having fun and she didn't care. But there were 2 other people doing the same, and I overheard

"You destroyed 20 cars already. I wish I could do that but I have to make money somehow" (or something along those lines)

She was totally noncaring about how many cars just got wrecked. :p

11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I once had a dream where my house got flooded. 0_0

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Here are two more dreams:

I woke up in the back of a silver minivan that looked something like this:

I was also holding an empty Dr. Pepper bottle as well for some reason. I did not recognize the guy driving, so I thought was being kidnapped. I managed to open the door and jump out. When I landed, I found myself in an unrecognizable neighborhood. Completely lost, I had no idea where to go. Then I woke up.

I was in an olive green four door Jeep Wrangler with my dad driving, and my mother sitting in the passenger seat.

We were driving on some four lane cliff-side highway. Then we came to an almost ramp-like elevation. My dad suddenly slammed on the gas and we went in the air for about 3 or 4 seconds. The car hit the ground pretty hard, but it wasn't damaged at all. Dad suddenly started losing control and skidding out right next to sharp turn. He hit the guardrail, and flipped over it. I somehow managed to open the door and jump out. Both of my parents fell into the canyon and died, and I was lost in an empty highway. So I started walking, hoping to find some civilization, but I found nothing. It started to get dark, and I was getting tired. Then I woke up.

#532 Giraffinator, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

If it's a minivan

You where kidnapped.

14. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

IDKW, but lately I dreamed that @Godzilla! became a staff member. His staff membership was announced in the devblog.

15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Oh my where do I even start with this

So in this dream, I come into work. In this case I come into BeamNG! The first thing that happens is tdev unveils that he's been allocated more space in the building, so the first order of buisness was simply opening up that new space.

We were located by a medical company, and he instructed us to quote "not touch the samples", meanwhile I was just mesmerized at the sheer amount of space we had in this building. As we were working on filling this new space, the medical personnel decided to try and educate this on what they were doing and what things were in their job space. tdev didn't take to kindly to their 'Free advertising' and cut them off while they were trying to speak, saying that we'd finished and need to move on

After that was done it was a slow day, but we were still doing things.

After the day finished, @B25Mitch was slouching outside. Someone walks by him and said some remark, and he didn't seem too impressed. So I come up and ask him "what's up / had a bad day?" (then almost fall off the some train tracks into the water, and grabbed on to his arm to save myself, more details on that below), and he says yes. Then for some reason he said he was also depressed. Then he had a thought of looking at concept work then just keeling over from well.. work. And for some reason that snapped him out of it and he went on some super long rant getting increasingly cheery as he went on.

Eventually after some of that it ended.

Anyways, my "Dream BeamNG HQ" was interesting. It was sort of like a warehouse, with a huge arched roof. There were railway tracks on the side and connecting to the back of the building. They also connected to some forest that I wish I walked to in the dream. If you jumped on one part of the tracks they were squishy and made a 'choo choo' noise. It was also dangerous as it was surrounded by water and had no sort of fencing or anything.

I've attached a very rough map showing how things looked in the dream. The squiggles = water, obviously the line like parts = tracks, F = forest, BNG = "BeamNG HQ", and the blue circle is where the end of the dream occurred.

Also attached is a document ensuring you that I infact DO NOT take drugs before I sleep.

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-11-27_6-7-34.png
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

You should have touched the samples.
    If the tracks are squishy how do trains ride on them???

17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Time for more nonsense

This time I was in northern California. Except my dream representation of northern California was large areas of densely packed trees, forests, and farmland. All rural, and no cities in sight.

I started on streetview, looking as far as I could into the limited amount of available areas , and there were even audio clips where locals would talk about the area I was viewing. There weren't street names, houses were described with number ID's.

After a while, I was suddenly in one of these little towns, and I was exploring an abandoned one. The first thing I do is walk into one of these houses, and explore around. I was making a documentary of some sort so I was trying to discover what the house was used for, and who would've lived there.

After a while of going through this house, I left and went into a barn. This barn had a sign on the front with a beer logo on it, but the inside of the barn didn't look like any sort of public place. There was no furniture, and almost no flooring even. There was a HUGE basement area though. Because it was a barn, it was very dark in there, and once I realized there was almost no floor and it was downright creepy, I tried to leave. This is when things take a turn. The door was gone, and there was no exit in sight, and my phone flashlight wouldn't work either.

Suddenly a staircase appears as the only way to go, so I go down it. I start walking very slowly through this dark basement, terrified, trying to call out to see if anyone could help me. I walked through a few rooms, but I forget how these rooms actually looked. The dream eventually ended when I wound up in a room with a window or something (all I know is there was external light).

-------
    I also just remembered some dream I had months ago about this weird mall, maybe I'll remember enough details to post it, but all I remember at this point is there were a lot of escalators and that I broke into the control room and some robot guard chased me around the mall shooting lasers or something.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Alright, I’ve hada few wacky dreams, including one that I actually developed a story out of in real life. But that’s a story for another time. I had a dream that I was at some Chevy, Dodge, and Jeep dealership with some other brands that I can’t remember, and I just remember getting in some Jeep Commander or something like that (funny thing is, I don’t even particularly like Jeeps. I don’t like Chevy at all. Maybe it’s because I talk to my friend a lot, and she loves Jeeps? I don’t know. Anyway...) and then the dream just kinda blanked out (I don’t remember this part of it, anyway) and then I was driving my silver Jeep Commanded down the highway. Then the dream ended, and I was kinda sad, because the driving felt pretty realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Goddammit this made my day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. maty

maty
    Expand Collapse

My dream:

#540 maty, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice