Dreams

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Dummiesman, May 31, 2015.

1. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I have a few dreams where they repeat once in a while.
    The main one hat keeps occurring is that I’m in a huge footbal stadium sized room that was a big slope covered in carpet. Apparently I always slide down it and try to hit this weird spiderweb wall thing. If I don’t hit it then I get this weird feeling and I think “I’m going to hell”. And for some reason every time I get to the end of the slope I “reset” and teleport back to the top of the slope.
    The second one which doesn’t occur as much is one where there are Jurassic park dinosaurs everywhere and I ride in jeeps to get to escape them.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I've never had a recurring dream before, I don't even get dreams that often.
    Dr. Pepper and other fizzy drinks before sleep is life

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

A dream from a while back
    I just finished a long drive with my best friend and his SO, and had to refuel after dropping them off to go home. Just before turning on the street to come home, my fuel light came on. Thought "huh, that's strange". I turned onto a road that would lead me to a gas station, then a few meters up this road, my engine blew in comedic style. The hood popped, smoke everywhere, hissing sounds, red lights flashing everywhere on the dash. My mom then ran out in front of my car and I forget why. Then I was actually able to drive (with the engine off??) , but I couldn't brake or steer because (I really wish I remembered this because I remember it being absurd) some weird nonexistant part of my car wasn't working.

Last night #1
    Had a dream that my parents were out, and I was with a couple people in the house. I have no idea who they were, but they weren't family at least.

We heard some banging on the door, and I went to investigate. What I found was a black bear ramming its head into the door. The door was actually shaking, like you would see in a game or something. I texted my mom that there was a bear at the door (lol), and told her not to come in because of it. I then went up to my bedroom to observe it from a vantage point. After that, I came downstairs and the others in the house were telling me I needed to secure the door better so it couldn't get in. So I grabbed a really light chair (cause thats gonna help /s) and put it in front of the door. I looked away, then back at the door, and realized I actually did the opposite. I took the chair from in front of the door, and put it back where it belonged instead, apparently!

After a while, my mom came home, and I asked her about the bear at the front door. She told me there was no bear when she walked in .

Last night #2
    I was eating corn twists, because I saw a bag of them in the cupboard IRL the day before. I was walking around the house eating them, and I pulled one out of the bag to look at it. There was a "bee flake" (black and yellow striped piece) hanging off of what I was about to eat, and I screamed in disgust. Then I pulled out some more corn twists and they were made with bees (shudder). Ew

• Like Like x 1
  4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I had a really dumb dream a while back and I don't remember most of it. The only part I remember was the one where I was a Ninetales and was rooting around an Anchorage dumpster for... something. Some kind of documents, but I can't remember what kind so I'm just going to say top secret Monsanto documents or print-outs from Hilary Clinton's e-mail server or something. Unfortunately, there was no epic rooftop escape from hordes of Monsanto goons or anything like that, because it then shifted off to something else that I remember nothing of.

...yeah. When I do dream, it gets weird fast. Very often I end up wishing to remember nothing. Unfortunately, those are usually the parts I do remember. This one just so happened to be an exception to that rule.

(Please do note that I endorse precisely none of the religious worldviews endorsed by that particular franchise, and think that Ninetales' canonical personality is so far off the jerk end of the scale that it wraps around the meter a couple of times. But then, every member of a species having the exact same personality, not to mention - for the most part anyway - appearance, sounds like poorly-thought-out worldbuilding to me anyway.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I had 2 dreams last night. One was a dream where I saw in this “simulator” about a building on fire and I had to escape. This was a dream where I was kind of half asleep so I knew it was a dream. Escaping the building was easy (way too easy). I did this in 2 different types of buildings. Then after that I had a dream where I was in a car and this weird world where it was like a game. There were these gangs that tried to steal something from me so I drove around escaping them. The terrain was this weird triangular sloped place with textures on them.
    That’s all I remember.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Last night was strange
    DREAM #1
    Had a dream i was driving to Wendy's, but I was in some city I didn't recognize. It was a very beautiful city though.

I turned off onto the main street, drove for a bit, then suddenly I was walking on water. I walked over to a boardwalk, but didn't return back to the road because I didn't know if I was even allowed on the boardwalk. So to spare some embarrassment, I stayed for a while and blended in. I talked to someone about their camera, and compared theirs to mine. I then left the boardwalk when I was the last person, and found out that Wendy's was across the street from it.

Later on, I was watching out over the water, as 3 passenger aircraft were there. They were surrounded by several emergency watercraft with their sirens on. Unknowingly to me, they were doing some new safety systems tests. I walked over and took some pictures of these sinking aircraft, but to my surprise, they emerged from the water less than a minute later, and everyone gave applause.

DREAM #2
    I assume this one came to me after watching Seinfeld. I was in an apartment, and everything just looked old school. I was living with my mom, and I found a phone of hers. It was a retro flip phone, with a huge antenna and a green/black screen on it.

I looked at the contacts out of curiosity, it was just work stuff. I then was trying to call someone, but I kept dialing the operator and various other services I wasn't intending to

DREAM #3
    I have no idea about most of this one. The only part I do remember is talking about Minecraft getting PBR, and how the kelp used "specular mapping" to look so realistic. This was part of a much larger dream that I sadly forget :(

DREAM #4
    This one is just plain weird, so I'll spare you the weird parts.

A family friend was sleeping in a room that was supposed to be used by paying customers, not friends. On top of that, he was deathly ill, and sleeping in one of the beds in there. He woke up, nearly vomitting, and asked me the time. I said "4:30". Then phone told me something else, so I corrected myself and said "9:30". My phone then just kept changing times, and I couldn't figure it out.

I think this was also part of the same dream:
    Part of this bedroom area was flipped over 180 degrees. In order to get to this , you had to walk over to it, on a flat floor. You'd feel gravity push against you as you tried.

To get down from the 2nd floor of this bedroom, you had to use one of the 2 exit hatches, which would bring you to a huge ladder. I somehow found myself stuck on top of these hatches, and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get down. I managed to find my way back to the opposite side of the room though, where gravity was normal, and there was just a regular door exit.

-shrug- IDK

#586 Dummiesman, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream once that I was running through a neighborhood chasing a vintage sidecar. When the sidecar stopped and I approached it, the passenger got out and dissolved into ashes.
    Then I woke up.
    "What the f-"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The Ugly Duckling

The Ugly Duckling
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream last night where I had to infiltrate this school that was being held captive by a cult-like group that wanted to cause the end of the world. I remember running into the school, into the school's theater where the cult leader was & we got into a gun fight which ended in me killing the cult leader & all the cult group members.Then I remember leaving the school, getting into a car & driving away while being chased by an attack helicopter. Then I woke up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Everyone else gets all the Hollywood-worthy dreams and then I just dream about getting a potato chip stuck in my throat. To the tune of a song about potato chips which was by Wierd Al in the dream but actually does not exist.

Yeah...

Of course, like I said, I did once dream about racing against Takumi Fujiwara... lost, of course, but still.

#589 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. Mr. Avanzato

Mr. Avanzato
    Expand Collapse

I could finish my Estima model without restarting 100 times.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Last night I dreamed of me and my family driving to Florida, and I woke up when we got to Florida.

12. The Ugly Duckling

The Ugly Duckling
    Expand Collapse

I mean, I probably had that dream because I was watching someone stream Far Cry 5 right before I went to sleep.

13. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

I had this random dream last night that we were outside of a city. Don't remember the name. For some reason my 2 brothers and I had a McLaren F1 we were renting. It was gray. We had to share it (well, my older brother and I in the dream). Really random dream but middle-of-car steering wheel was fun :)

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I dreamed last night that I actually had BeamNG. But wait, there's more. I was freecamming around some of the maps looking for Easter eggs and not only did I find some (rather nonsensical) ones, I found something a lot better - unfinished roads and areas, not normally visible or accessible from the finished areas of the map (i.e. without freecam/teleportation), stretching well beyond the known map boundaries. On Utah I was looking around the north and east side of the map, near where the suicide road coming down from the canyon to the garage normally is, and found, off the edges of the map, a divided road through a deep canyon that reminded me a little of a section from an NFS Hot Pursuit 2 course. I also remember being on a revived Dry Rock Island and seeing a bluff with some much newer, less abandoned-looking buildings on it; this part was probably inspired by the old Road Land World Island (don't remember exact name) mod map that I once saw a video of. Unfortunately, some kind of very un-Beam-like restriction system was in place to prevent full exploration, with an invisible wall at the "normal" map boundaries to prevent driving beyond, and another one farther out to prevent freecam from revealing the full extent of the unfinished areas. In the dream, I guessed that these inaccessible areas were being prepared for a full release at the same time as the Italy map, due to its larger size and thus, the possibility that the heightmap size limit was being raised.

I really, really hope this one comes true, by the way.

As for the Easter eggs on Utah, meanwhile, they were just plain weird. They were in the same place where the aforementioned suicide road would normally be, but far, far away from any normal paved roads, and consisted of short, random stretches of decalroad, some paved for no apparent reason, with no connection to the main road system and requiring rock-crawling straight up sheer cliffs with little accommodation to get from one section to the next as they were nestled on cliffsides with few ways up or down. Also included strange glass "booths" looking rather like large shower stalls, and in some cases large Lego bricks sunken into the terrain, upsized to approximately the size they would be at if Lego was real life, for no apparent reason. This part, I'm not so keen on seeing come true, mainly because it's stupid. But to see the existing maps expanded when Italy comes along would be delicious.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MillenniumJade™

MillenniumJade™
    Expand Collapse

i wish that waifus are real

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

but what if fursonas were real?
    im glad there fake XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes I daydream about car crashes by listening to music...
    I do look at images while listening to music so I get an idea of how the car looks like and what my imagination will do for an crash set-up.

18. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I always thought you guys were way too invested in BeamNG when you were dreaming about it.

Then this happened, I had a dream about BeamNG.. Anyways, I took a short nap, and these were the results:

DREAM #1
    There were 2 scenarios in BeamNG that had some weird map I've never seen. I expected these to be small, purpose built maps, specifically for the scenarios. Then I started looking around and noticed all these roads connected to actual places. Then I zoomed out and noticed it was part of Italy in both cases.

BeamNG release Italy sneakily , hid it from the menu, and it was only available via scenarios. I remember reading a post @Nadeox1 made about this situation as the dream ended.

DREAM #2
    It was the weekend, and so my dad was home. For some reason my bed was directly beside 3 outside windows, and the kitchen. I just wanted to be alone this day / sleep , but he was there making noise in the kitchen, and outside.

I remember trying to watch Markiplier and jacksepticeye, and I remember what they were playing too.

They were playing meta games about them, and in multiple cases they had dogs in the game. The funny thing is the pathfinding for enemies constantly caught the dog trailing behind them, and would get them caught as well because the dog would lead enemies to them.

DREAM #3
    I was driving around town with my best friend, and we pulled into the mall at night. There was nobody there, no lights, it was pitch black. I also forgot most road rules for some reason.

As I pull in, he's suddenly outside the car, and he's yelling "GREEN LINES". There's an elevated area surrounded by green lines in this dream, and for some reason I was supposed to go there, even though it made no difference.

DREAM #4
    I was at an airport, and the runways were really icy. Planes were flying off 3 out of the 4 runways, and I was more or less literally dodging planes at some points. They were all commuter planes, not jumbo jets.

Partly based on the "Fatal Transmission" Mayday episode, because there was a hangar similar to one they dramatized.

#598 Dummiesman, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Deleted member 197509

Deleted member 197509
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream once where i was in a swimming pool full of beer. So i drank all of the beer. It was one of the best dreams ive ever had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Well then..

I dreamt that @tdev owned multiple land plots that it was my job to clear. on the first one, I was operating an excavator, and I was helping to dig out some land.

The next day, I woke up at around 11:30AM, I checked my Skype messages at ~1:30 PM and saw one from tdev again, saying
    "be here by 8:00 tomorrow". I quickly went to the new site that instant, and there I was operating a bulldozer, clearing a landfill for some reason.

tdev arrived later, unknowing of my lateness, and said I was doing a good job at clearing it.

-shrug-

There was also one where I was building a "controller" for my mobile phone, slapped a few switches / diodes together for it. I was recording it to show people but the recording was all funky and was pitch shifting my voice. The recording being funky is most definitely referencing my dslr audio cutting out last night while recording.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice