Dreams

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Dummiesman, May 31, 2015.

1. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I dont dream much....I have too much going on in my mind...

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

A few weeks back I had a dream in which I was playing some SNES-looking game when all of a sudden, after playing for a few minutes someone just grabbed me from behind, waking me up instantly. There was no one in my room and I have literally no explanation on how it happened. Well, I have one which, if I wrote about it here, would probably make some people very worried about my psycological state, so I'd rather not talk about it.

3. QuantumDotGuy

QuantumDotGuy
    Expand Collapse

I've had experiences like this all my life. Just like you, it's always extremely detailed dreams of minor things, like entering a particular restaurant, or having a particular conversation. I've tried analyzing it to see if I can figure out the circumstances that cause it, but no luck so far.

I've had a couple dreams that I will always remember vividly:
    1) I and several friends (some of whom were nondescript, generic "placeholders") were trapped in some sort of facility vaguely resembling Aperture Science from the Portal games. I was on a balcony overlooking the room we were trapped in, while everyone else was down on the floor. They were all blind, and it was my job to direct them all to solve the test and unlock the door before time ran out, but I couldn't speak. No matter what I did, the only sound I could produce was breathing. When I woke up, I was soaked in sweat and my heart was racing. Somehow my jaw had locked open while I slept, and it turned a rather enjoyable dream into a truly frightening nightmare. Also, my jaw hurt for hours.

2) This one also involved several friends, but this time they were "real", a family I'm very close to. I was heading over to their house for the evening, but somehow I knew something wasn't right when I got there. Everything seemed normal, but my instincts told me otherwise. So I snuck around to the back to look through their windows, and there saw that both the parents were dead and some heavily-equipped private soldiers were holding both their daughters hostage. Before I could react, I heard something in the trees behind me and turned to see their adult son just coming out of unconsciousness after being beaten by the mercenaries. Up to this point in the dream, it was definitely a nightmare; but suddenly, it became a mental exercise in tactics, a challenge in which I very much had direct control over my actions. The son and I carefully managed to lure some of the hostiles into a trap, where we quickly dealt with them and took their weapons, which we used to snipe all the others except the commander. The commander grabbed the oldest daughter for use as a human shield between himself and her brother. While his attention was on the son, I tried to take him down, but discovered I was out of ammo. When the commander pointed his gun at the other daughter, threatening to kill her if we didn't surrender, I charged out of the shadows and attacked him with a pocketknife. I gained the upper hand in the fight, but I was mortally wounded in the process. I woke from the dream when I died a few minutes later. So that was fun.

4. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

-

#124 NaxNir, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I suggest a long break from the forum.
    creep

• Like Like x 12
  6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Uhm, where do I start with this one.

I had a dream that I was in a college, but no ordinary one. It started out with just meeting my "best friend" (it was someone I only got close with last night o_O) and we were always hanging out for the first few days. After that, we started to explore the college. Here's where it gets weird. I'll go with the first thing I really remember. Me and him went to a subway platform so we could get to another part of the college, but then just went back. Second time we went to that platform (which is about a foot wide, and is ONLY in the center), we were walking to the end of it when the train facing opposite to us passed us, after this, we started walking directly on the tracks. Upon reaching the end, we went through something which now becomes a common element in the dream; Small 2ft wide, 1ft high hallways that connected areas. These were not ventilation, and their purpose was for human travel. After going through a really long one, we end up doing something (I forget what), then we ended up going back through the 'hallway', but before we entered we heard the USA National Anthem (weird). That's about where it ended.

7. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

A couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I traded in my truck for a Fiat 500 Abarth. I owned the car for about 2 and a half days, then wrecked it while drag racing someone (it may have been a V6 Mustang from the early 2000s). And then I went and bought back my truck for about 3,000 MORE than they gave me for it. I'm a weird dreamer.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I had a weird dream a night ago. While rather pleasant minus the saddish ending, the thing that made it weird wasnt so much the content of the dream, but rather that it wasnt a dream. I never remember my dreams unless there is something unusual about them, for me this type of dream does not happen.

It was simply a reliving of a particular set of memories, good cherishable memories. But it was an incredibly vivid remembrance of them.

9. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

Some classmates were doing that little stuff that you don't really mind but when there is a lot of it it really makes you angry.
    I got very enraged, yelled for a bit, punched one of the dicks, and then fell asleep on the table.
    I don't recall it though, i remember it being sort of a dream, and i do realize it happened, but the memory feels foggy, as if it was a dream.
    Yeah, i have rage problems by the way

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I cant remember in any detail about things I have dreamed about sad to say :(

11. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Here are some of my highlighted dreams that I can remember having at the moment.
    -----
    When I was four years old I remember having a reoccurring nightmare that my brother would turn around and have a photo-realistic skull mask on... however the skull mask would never come off and it was as if it was welded to his face.
    This used to scare the crap out of me when I was little.

-----
    I once had a dream where I was inside a book and I was a mouse part of a small family. And we could fly apparently, I remember that being one of those dreams that you never wanted to end.
    When I went to bed the next night I remember viewing "Part 2" which was short and I don't really remember any more details.

-----
    I remember one time I had to sleep on the floor when I was like 8 in a sleeping beg. I continuously had a dream about my family pushing me towards numerous angry bee hives.. when morning came I woke up extremely ill and feverish.

-----
    I remember having a dream this morning where I became famous worldwide however in the dream apparently peoples brains were about a foot lower than the top of their head.

So years before being famous I apparently suffered major head trauma causing the front right portion of my skull to cave in and be nearly flat and about half a foot lower than the rest of my head. I remember looking in the mirror, feeling sad, but knowing things would be alright. And I was fine like that for years and like I said even got famous. Than the dream abruptly ended.

-----

So in Jr.High I had lost a very close friend to a strike of popularity and they no longer wanted anything to do with me due to their shallow friends [this was a Girl]. Whenever I was sad and had no one to talk to I would go out in the schoolyard and hang around from a far, sad and lonely this didn't exactly make it better.

One night after being depressed and going to bed in said state... I particularly recall her chasing me in the school yard with a chainsaw and trying to avoid her on a golf cart for an extended period of time.

Guess girls can really be evil.

#131 KennyWah, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  12. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

How interesting that the brain can make up a story like that about the brain.

• Like Like x 1
  13. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

I don't really sleep. I get an average of about 2 hrs. per night, if that. But when I do sleep and dream, I dream very lucidly. I know I am dreaming, but I can't (usually) control it. Therefore, I daydream a lot more than the typical person. I will get ideas for symphonies, inventions, etc.

Last night, however, I had a recurring and typical dream for me. I was a member of the U.S. Senate in the middle of a quorum. *sigh*:(

14. BMGMotors

BMGMotors
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I had a dream that I was in a ibishu pigeon going down leap of death on fire

15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Last night I had a dream that was based around this weird material. Basically it was this yellow putty type stuff, that turned into a 100% solid, infinite strength material, when anybody saw it.

To find this material, I set out with a group of friends around a certain area in a nearby city. We searched through hours, and sat through a lot of setbacks; such as people hopping into our vehicle without permission, etc. After searching for so long, a friend, as well as me, both found our own portions of this material. After finding the material, we decided (for some weird reason)) to walk in the middle of busy streets.
    --Gap of things I don't remember--
    Afterwards, the material somehow ended on a shipping truck, which I was unable to chase down. That's where things ended.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

WTF?

17. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream a while ago the day before the sbr4 was released that it was released, and i woke up the next day being disappointed then happy a couple hours later because it later actually was released.
    Or maybe it hasnt... maybe this is all just a dream too... if so i can dream type pretty well.

• Like Like x 3
  18. BMGMotors

BMGMotors
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I just woke up a second ago I had a dream were I was 4 years old and I was at the creepy swamp house on east coast USA and it was around midnight and I saw a light so I sat thier as a Grand Marshall pulled up. Oddly enough my Grandma lived in the swamp house so I figured it was my Grandpa. But it was somebody kidnapping me

19. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I had a dream where i wake up in a Ibishu 200BX parking near the East Coast USA's church and when i look behind my seat, i see a 1981 pessima covertible in black driving behind me. Then the dream gone black out. After aprox 4 secs, i see my self in a bruckell moonhawk parking in front of the wut evvur creepy swamp house. And all sudden, the car is rammed by a Ford Ecoline. I slam my face in the steering wheel and i wake up, finding that i fallen asleep on the keyboard and scarily, the screen shows that i'm in a moonhawk with rear end damage in front of the swamp house but luckily, no van
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, just remember this. Two days ago, i had a dream where i'm sitting in a Bentley Muslane with a laptop on my laps and a bunch of papers on the other seat and it turns out to be a "deja vu" dream.
    Bentley just sent my Muslane in yesterday and before i go to work, i had to deal with the god dammn papers so i sat in my new car, working even before i hit the first km
    --- Post updated ---
    Speaking of dèja vu dreams, how often do you guys have it?
    Edit: Just woken up an hour ago and i dreamed the same dream thats related to the 200BX, 1981 pessima, ford ecoline, moonhawk and ECA...
    Found out that the Ford was really a Garvil H15 Vanster

• Like Like x 1
  20. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

I had a dream where I was sitting on my couch (normal day) then a Chrysler Sebring flew through the window and crushed me. yes, you read that right A CHRYSLER SEBRING! idk...
    --- Post updated ---
    should I mension that this car belongs to my neighbor down the street irl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice