1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Drive Gear not toggling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by KomazZ_1007, May 14, 2020.

1. KomazZ_1007

KomazZ_1007
    Expand Collapse

Hi.
    I'm having an issue where when I press my drive key (D) it will go into Drive but when I release the key it goes back into neutral. This is the only game im having this issue on. I don't know if this a setting or not so if it is then please tell me what to disable because I've been going through almost every setting and not finding anything. Also this wasen't happening before the update on 8th of May.

Attached Files:

#1 KomazZ_1007, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Do you confirm you are using a keyboard?
    Can you please specify what binding you assigned to the D key? (The exact name)
    As well, a screenshot of your Gearbox settings (Options > Gameplay)

3. KomazZ_1007

KomazZ_1007
    Expand Collapse

Well I am using a Logitech G27 but when I go into drive (2nd gear) on the shifter it will pop in and out of Drive again, just like on the keyboard
    The exact name of the binding is '2nd Gear'
    And heres all my gameplay settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l2xxv5An_H_rjUPFg9RURFfI-CZrbVT0/view?usp=sharing

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Ok, this part was confusing as it seemed to be referring the the D key on the keyboard
    That is supposed to happen on a keyboard, as those bindings are meant for shifters.
    When you insert a gear in the shifter, that sends an input as far the shifter stays in that position.
    So if you try to use that binding on a keyboard, the gear will pop out as soon you release the key.

Can you please test your shifter in the Options > Controls > Hardware menu, and verify if the input stays when you move the shifter into the various position?

5. KomazZ_1007

KomazZ_1007
    Expand Collapse

Ok yeah but i made that binding because of the shifter popping in to drive and out again.
    So here you can see it isnt staying in. if you look at button9 (2nd gear) when I put it into the gear it goes full and back again. take a look:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9y1vO-1EzVyKMLOKZ0x9WewW85LRhpm/view?usp=sharing sorry for the crap aspect ratio

THIS IS NOT THE SHIFTERS FAULT. THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN THIS GAME.

6. KomazZ_1007

KomazZ_1007
    Expand Collapse

so what im saying is when the drive gear is selected it just comes out again. (On the shifter)

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The hardware menu shows the raw input, before the game process them.
    If the issue appears in there, that means that this is happening before the input is received by the game.

I suspect this may be due the Steam Controller settings, please check them:
    https://documentation.beamng.com/hardware/steering_wheel_setup.html#beamng-drive-doesn-t-even-show-my-device-in-options-controls-hardware-but-works-fine-in-other-games

8. KomazZ_1007

KomazZ_1007
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I'll take a look but i just want you to know, this isn't the shifter.
    Here is some bad aspect ratio footage from joy.cpl of the shifter shifting gears, you can see when I put it in, it stays.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11mdJ0nyTRisWQ0fd9eT3O_TjMhTt-dKo/view?usp=sharing

--- Post updated ---
    Yeah I think it works now. The only thing thats making it happen now is the shifter itself which is still rare for it to still happen. Thanks for you're help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice