Driver San Francisco is BRILLIANT

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Hermironry, Jul 22, 2017.

?

Have you played it?

1. I have played D: SF but don't own it

8.2%
  2. I don't like the sound of/didn't like playing D: SF

4.1%
  3. I am going to buy D: SF now :)

4.1%
  4. I own D: SF

65.3%
  5. I have never heard of D: SF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I have heard of D: SF but I've never played it

18.4%
  1. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

So I bought Driver San Francisco on G2A.com a few days ago for about $4 CAD and OMG that game is amazing!!! It's so much fun! And it's got a great story as well. I don't want to give too much away, but one of the best parts is that you drive free roam around SF AND you can drive any car you see on the road, and there are over 100 licenced cars. The driving and damage physics are great too. First person is really great. Engine sounds are good. Acting is great. There are some great cars you can drive. It's got good music. Speaking of which, there are a bunch of songs in the game that you can play and pause, like there's a CD in the car radio. I strongly urge you all to play this game. It's like GTA V, but with less foul language etc (note the word less. They do say sh*t a couple of times and they say @ssh*le quite a lot. But even I think it's still worth it. You've been warned). And you can't walk around. But it's worth it. It's actually quite an old game, but with GTA V graphics (except for many parts of cutscenes, which look FANTASTIC). Not many people seem to know about it like they know about inferior games such as Need for Speed.
    So, have you played it? Have you maybe watched YBR playing it on YouTube? Will you buy it now? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Yup
    It is a great game. No doubt about it. Even NerdCubed liked it. I brought it on xbox 2 years ago, and i played the hell out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Driver SF is a kick ass game but I have a place in my heart for Driver 3 and it's awesome, easy to use replay editor.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Bought it back when it came out, pretty solid game, though I think you could do better. for $4 it's certainly worth it though:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This, so much this.
    The cities were very fun to explore, and finding hidden secret was very fun :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Not really a fan. I don't know about you, but the city seemed kinda dead. No day/night cycle, no weather, and so many reused assets that it isn't funny. That killed it for me, because after you finish the game, there isn't much to do. Sure you can do the cop chases, but those get kinda bland pretty fast as it's just constantly spawning new cops in front of you, and the cops are pretty easy to evade. I don't know, but it's not my cup of tea.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Qwertyfish01

Qwertyfish01
    Expand Collapse

I played the hell out of that game, the story was amazing and there were a whole 140 cars to mess around with :eek:

The game would have been so much more but it had to be on consoles to be successful and so we have a much worse game than if it wasn't on *cough cough*potatoes*cough* consoles

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing it since it first came out. Best game to play if bored.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

I never really liked Driver San Francisco. It just felt weird to play it. Most of the higher end cars felt either too common or too different from there real life counter parts. SFPD missions only allowed you to bust people by destroying their cars (same as Need for speed hot pursuit 2) and you were never put into a fun unfair police chase unless you forced it. Like being in a crown vic and have to take down a big rig. Running from the SFPD was 1 of 2 things. Either be in a juggernaut vehicle like a big rig or just get the Mclaren or Pagani and just out race them. The story was ok better than most racing game story's but a
    smoke bomb
    is the main antagonist plan. It feels underwhelming. (personally I had it on the xbox 360 and I went through 6 disk because of manufacture defects in the disk)
    To me it was just another meh game and I put it in the same place as Need For speed undercover.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Yes I love it though I am struggling a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

The engine sounds and storyline is amazing, I've beaten it multiple times :)
    The city is huge and for an oldish game, it has pretty good graphics. So many hidden treasures and great cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I used to have the game on my PC, until I switched PC's and lost it :( However I still play the PS3 version sometimes when I am bored. I use a glitch to make my car invincible, and then crash into the backs of semi trucks until they are destroyed for some hilarious semi truck physics bugs and awesomeness :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

I own D:SF on the Nintendo Wii. Don't ask why, I got it from a Christmas present.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I love DRV:SF. The car physics is just fun to watch, the story line is brilliant, the game concept is unique, the selection of cars is just WONDERFUL as it range from classics like VW Beetle to supercars like Lambrogini Murcilago and everyday sedans like the DTS. The city is totally awesome and pleasant to travel around exploring too

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

DRV:SF is good, but Driv3r is so bad it's 100x funnier. Driver SF is like it has grown up a tonne and is quite good fun but it still won't touch the overall sh*ttyness of Driv3r as that is why I played that game :p

16. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I learned the other day that supposedly a coworker of mine used to be the main graphics programmer for Driv3r. Might be an interesting topic if it ever comes up in conversation.

EDIT: After checking the credits of the game it seems that he was one of the designers of the Miami map. Not as major a role but still cool to see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice