Dry Sump Oil System

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by CaptainZoll, Nov 16, 2020.

1. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

It would be interesting if dry sump oil systems could be equipped on high-performance engines.

of course, things like increased oil volume, oil cooling, and modified weight distribution can already be done, but preventing oil starvation when the engine is upside down, which is the main change, would be quite a handy feature in high-end rock crawlers and rally cars.
    I presume G-force induced oil slosh isn't a thing yet, but a basic system to simulate it would make it useful even in on-road race cars, and another difficulty in trying to cheaply upgrade a car, which is always fun.

• Agree Agree x 9
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hm, there are dry sump systems that work when the car is upside down?

3. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure piston-driven aerobatics planes use a system capable of running upside down, but it might be a specialty system not used on cars.

still, the oil slosh would be an interesting effect which not many other games simulate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if any dry sump system will work, it seems like a special type.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice