1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Early Experimental Preview of Career Concept

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by tdev, Sep 19, 2022.

1. TROPtastic

TROPtastic
    Expand Collapse

Of course! Happy to help you and the great team with the development of the career mode, and thanks for being so responsive and lightning-quick with the changes!

• Like Like x 3
  2. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

This whole thread is loaded with awesome suggestions and feedback, I wish I was able to be on top of it all!

It's a real treat being able to work alongside the community as we push the boundaries and mold the systems, so thanks back, to you and everyone else who has been active here! =)

• Like Like x 13
  3. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! you posted that the day I left for something, or I would have replied sooner!

Kinda ironic when you think about it...

#903 Musicman27, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024
  4. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool to see contract in career mode, like with the deforestation someone suggested, you could get a contract to go there every hour or so and pick up a load of logs and take them somewhere.

5. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

Can the entire ui and west coast textures get replaced by a png of my profile picture in 0.33?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Not a GIF?

7. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

I'll see if we can do .webp format ;)

Where would you like to take the logs to, what sort of deliveries would ensue? I considered this awhile ago, making a small "logging area" on one of the forest roads but then thought, "The trouble is, we'd just be bringing them back and forth to the new container shipping yard, players would get bored very fast." Making a new wood processing plant is out of the question for WCUSA unfortunately.

• Like Like x 4
  8. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but the sheer beauty of the graphics would destroy many computers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Darn minimum specs...

Is something planned for the "My parts"/"Parts inventory" screen? Finding a part in there is only slightly easier than finding a needle in a haystack. At least have each car in its own category.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. krallopian

krallopian
    Expand Collapse
    NC114-85EKLS
    BeamNG Team

100% We are very aware of this and have grand plans to revamp the system, but it is a very complicated topic and requires many different people from many different teams. At the moment it's a priority to enhance the system, but an overhaul is the ultimate solution, and it's one of over 30 "top priorities" for the team, and as such there's no definite timeline available yet.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

I think you guys need "Top, Top Priorities" at this point...

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pr9tkin

Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

How would you rate the community's influence on game development? 10%, 30%, 50%?))))) and why don't you use the voting system for some controversial issues, if our opinion is important to you?)))))))

13. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

No, that was just an example, the actual suggestion was being able to get mor regular work in the laborer branch, another example, getting a job at shuffleboard logistics: more cargo, and either the start or the destination is the logistics center.

14. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Also, can we have lights in the commercial garage, like we have in the default garage? I can't see my car well when I'm painting it or adding stuff to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. TalksWithNoise

TalksWithNoise
    Expand Collapse

Probably because the community’s influence varies depending on limitations and trajectory. A voting system would be great but also limit creativity and flow. So our involvement is likely to give ideas that may act as pieces that may fit into the puzzle :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

The voting system would be meaningless because of longer development cycles, if we vote now, the feature would materialize in like a year, or might not at all, because the dev cycle is unpredictable and the tech is experimental, and in the end there would be tons of negative feedback due to "you promised but didn't relez" when it's simply a result of a feature being too difficult-to-implement/expensive/resource-heavy/etc. Besides, I'm sure they're perfectly aware of what the community wants the most, because of the frequency of how some things are mentioned, and I'm sure internally they have all the requests collected and sorted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Dieter Huysamen

Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

what happened?

18. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

Please put him on ignore. Go to profile and press ignore. You will be doing all of us a favor

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dieter Huysamen

Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

lol that was me. i used to play on a low end Linux laptop with ultra low graphics and keyboard :p but now i play with a windows gaming laptop with ultra graphics and a controller :D
    --- Post updated ---
    ok

20. 2015player

2015player
    Expand Collapse

the fuck did i do? that post is from a while ago!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice