On Hold ERP1

Discussion in 'Land' started by K_Ben 22, May 21, 2017.

?

What Front Fenders?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2017.
  1. Original ERP1

33 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. Usual LMP1

20 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Other (Suggested in comment, please like specific post)

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

This would be like losing a member family/2

2. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Where was it? Was it in your beamng folders?

3. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

If you cleared cache it should be in the backups folder

4. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

It wasn't in game yet and the situation was more complicated then that. anyway.
    It was on a USB stick. I recently got an SSD, I had problems cloning the OS. So I found my product key and did a fresh install.

This where it gets complicated. To install windows you either have to use a USB stick or a CD. I backed up my USB onto a hard drive I wasn't going to use once updated.
    The fresh install went fine, I really enjoyed using the computer. I moved all my files from the hard drive On to my new drive, which would have the blender files in them. I then formatted the hard drive that had all the stuff which I had placed on the SSD. Then of course it was time to go to bed, I used the operating system shut down button then made my way up to my bedroom.

I don't exactly know what the computer did while I was going to my bed room, but I know for sure that it had downloaded updates. It has been known for a windows update to corrupt an MBR (master boot record). I don't know what actually happened, that is just a hypothesis.Anyway when I went to use the computer in the morning it wouldn't boot. I used my USB to try and repair the MBR but nothing was working, I also tried using CMD prompts but nothing I tried worked. After trouble shooting for what would have been over three hours I gave up, not remembering I had formatted the hard drive and decided to install windows again after formatting that SSD. Which is still working now and booting perfectly fine now.

For what its worth I probably should have known that stuff was on the SSD, it's not like I shouldn't have tried to get back that stuff either. Before I used USB stick for blender and other files it had a portable version of windows 10 I could plug into any computer than work on my stuff, I could have done that managed hard drives/SSD's and got all my stuff back. But now that has happened I can't look back anymore, I must proceed.

5. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Oh ok, well i guess that was a flop, but I wish you the best luck on either recovering, if possible and or continuing on :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. monobrau

monobrau
    Expand Collapse

Maybe Piriform Recuva can help. You can see if you can recover what was lost on that usb stick of yours. You can also use it to find out whose sd card you had found on the ground by undeleting a bunch of files. Hopefully your files aren't trashed by now.

7. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

Windows:
    ruining Blender projects since 2013

8. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

Efforts to start 3D modeling again are underway, I know it may come as a surprise to many of you I only started work again on this project today, this is because I need to feel confident again about doing this project. Anyway after about half an hour of work this is where I'm at.

The design of this version will be more similar to the standard looking LMP1 cars but will keep the F1 style front nose.

ERP1.png
    --- Post updated ---
    ERP11.png

#28 K_Ben 22, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Flipdo3

Flipdo3
    Expand Collapse

Massive shame! hyped for the "v2" though. this game needs more race cars :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

In order to pressure myself to make progress on this project I will upload new images of this project every Monday, this will also be used to showcase progress of the project.

11. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

You should also make cloud backups in places like mediafire, dropbox, conversations on the forum or this thread, where you think is good, I have a alfa version of the skyline that is shared with a few users, and its not only a alpha version, its a backup too. you know, its a good ideia to have them "backuped" (trust me i did some things that made me lost a considerably amount of progress (now i look everytime that i export any mesh...), and a backup version closest to the one that is being worked helps a lot).
    Im sorry for the big text but is a tip from someone that had similar problems and is realy looking forward to see this mod done :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you, backup is needed, also i could give you ideas:
    A big difusser, like the one in the aston martin.
    A different nose style(as a variant)
    A variety of engines(so we would simulate LMP1, LMP2 and LMP3 cars)
    Also more visuals(to simulate the classes)

• Like Like x 1
  13. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

ERP1.png ERP12.png
    Front wing is based of the Bmw f1-08, it isn't an exact replica of it as it has been widened to fit the rest of the vehicle better.

14. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

Here is the progress made on the project within the last week.
    ERP15.png ERP16.png ERP1FOV.png
    I've decided to redo the front side of the aerodynamics, I'm unsure of how I should do the lights in the second photo. If you wish to leave suggestions for the light please do so, it will make my life easier to see what people want the lights to look like.

The last photo is shot from a perspective within the stigs helmet at 120 degrees FOV. I have contacted B25 Mitch on permission about using the stig in the vehicle, he hasn't replied back yet but I figure that there's a pretty good chance I will be allowed to use him.
    --- Post updated ---
    What do you guys think of these lights? I need to know which are your favorites. There will be a pole at the top of this thread to vote on your favorites. Make sure you choose the correct photo to vote on as well!

• Like Like x 1
  15. kllf70

kllf70
    Expand Collapse

Great progress

• Like Like x 1
  16. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

The stig has agreed to take part in the project, albeit with an absolutely huge money contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Flipdo3

Flipdo3
    Expand Collapse

Things are looking up!!

18. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

Wow, thats one sexy car right there

• Like Like x 1
  19. K_Ben 22

K_Ben 22
    Expand Collapse

Progress all from the last 5 days, the reason I'm uploading a progress report is due to the fact that I am going on holiday on Monday and therefore won't be able to post then.
    The car has been worked on entirely on the rear end and in my opinion looks absolutely great in the render.
    ERP17.png
    The exhausts are up for discussion and therefore there will be a poll to vote on your favorite style, the choices will be:
    1. Single Exhaust
    2. Dual Exhaust (As seen in the photo)
    3. Quad Exhaust (As seen on Pagani Zonda)

4. Quad Exhaust (As seen on Corvette Z06)

VOTE HERE: https://goo.gl/PXtbdf

For those eagle eyed on this forum you may have been able to see the stig holding a steering wheel, the wheel is complete and is final for the car.
    Here are some photos
    ERP1Steeringfront2.png ERP1Steeringback2.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

maybe a quad exhaust with a slightly bigger circumference than the pipes in the dual exhaust picture, the pipes seem a bit small for the opening, or is that just the angle it's at, it looks like you could fit slightly bigger pipes when I look above and below the pipes, other than that I feel the quad pipes will fit the rectangular shape perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice