Outdated ETK 1300 11.6

Modern SUV based on the ETK800.

1. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

yeah , for those who didn't notice it's very close to a x3 (the etk800 is very closed to a 3 series touring) and like those they share a lot of technical parts. The handling balance is work in progress, but as the real one, it have to deal with a higher center of gravity and more weight. The real x3 has sport tires available on most of the versions, the allterrain + air suspension + specific tires are just something I wanted to add on top of this, to have a bit more fun offroading. As a real 4wd Suv, it's just a matter of compromise between agility, comfort and a bit of offroading. Then, for example, the anti-roll bars are a very touchy adjustment. I also made it naturally understeer on purpose, a real x3 is set also like that.
    I'm really open to suggestions, I just clarify here that the actual handling is not the result of "random" values :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

that is same for taillights for Lexus LX 570

3. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

do the rear lights always stay on? or is it an older version i have?

4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Please, please reduce understeer instead of mimicing a "real" vehicle, it only make the driver (player in BeamNG) unconfortable if the handling is unbalanced on purpose. It's BeamNG, in a fictional universe.:)

BTW, when will the TCS bug get fixed.

5. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Sorry, in my opinion, the whole interest is to mimic real vehicles in BeamNG, but feel free to tune it more arcade less realistic if you want :)
    Witch tcs "bug" you talk about ?

[edited : ok, not arcade but less realistic]

#65 synsol, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

All cars understeer you triangle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but balanced handling =/= arcade, crasy grip friction and thicc drift through corners is arcade. Tuning the anti-roll bars to make the vehicle balanced(neither understeer nor oversteer) does not make it arcade-y by any means.

The TCS bug is the when loss of traction, the TCS only does throttle reduction, and does not brake individual wheel. Even the brake factor is very high.
    In "etk1300_esc.jbeam" the "All terrain ESC" in the mod shows
    Code:
                   "All Terrains ESC":{
                        //TCS
                        "slipThreshold": 0.001,
                        "minThrottleFactor": 0.00,
                        "maxBrakingFactor": 2,
                        "throttleProportionalFactor": 0,
                        "throttleIntegralFactor": 0,
                        "brakingProportionalFactor": 6,
                        "brakingIntegralFactor": 4,
                        "brakeThrottleSwitchThreshold": 9,
    The throttle proportional and integral factor is zero, and the brake proportional and integral factor is very high, meaning it'll brake whell aggressively and not reduce gas.
    But ingame it does not brake when loss of traction.
    This bug is also present in BeamNG-official vehicles, such as the K-Series or the Sunburst.

8. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It's not a bug. All cars understeer in real life, especially vehicles of this type.
    Stop complaining about your lack of control.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

To analyse whether your statement is true or not, first we need to understand vehicle dynamics, especially in terms of turning neutrality.

During cornering, whether gripping or mildly sliding, all four wheels have some level of slide angle, this is because of the tires' elasticity. The tire treads do not parallel to the rims in a corner.
    If the front wheels have more slide angle, the vehicle has understeer. If the rear wheels have more slide angle, the vehicle has oversteer.
    Assume a situation(such as vehicle testing) the vehicle is thrown in to a slide(such as 15° in all fours), and the steering wheel is locked at dead center (0°). As the vehicle slides, if all fours' slide angle decrease at the same rate, the vehicle is neutral steer. If the slide angle of rear wheels decreased first, the vehicle is understeery and vice versa.
    This leads us to think about two types of turning neutrality analyses: Hands-On turning neutrality and Hands-Off turning neutrality.
    If you tune the force feedback to full(the same as real vehicles), then during turning(if the vehicle does not have pwr steering) you need to consider Hands-Off turning neutrality,because your tire side friction is about proportional to the force applied to your steering wheel by hand.
    If you use xbox or any non-FFB controller, then you need to consider Hands-On turning neutrality, this is because of you turn the vehicle by setting a steering wheel angle.
    Then there's the interesting part. A vehicle tuned to neutral steer hands-on will understeer if hands of because of the caster angle. However a understeer vehicle will always understeer hands-off, meaning terrible handling.
    Most vehicle are slightly understeer when driven IRL because the FFB is, well, very real. You cannot get complete control of the steering angle because of this. If you managed to tune the caster to exactly zero, then the same vehicle will feels like oversteery because in practice you will probably turn the wheel too much.
    Consider the factory tuning test. The vehicle will turn in a circle at a constant speed, and the wheels' slide angle is measured by some instruments. Steering wheel angle is controlled by a machine or a test driver, to ensure the angle of the steering is the same as the test required. This is Hands-On turning neutrality.
    However most real-life driver cannot turn the wheel by angle at high-g turns, they(or us) turn the wheel by force. Thus when cornering at the limit the driver will turn the steering wheel less than his/her perspection, leading to an understeery feeling.
    Conclusion: Most vehicle tuned neutral steer will feel like understeer.
    Also, FWD vehicles tuned to a little bit oversteer to counter the power understeer.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh wow you wrote a massive paragraph therefore you're right.
    If you crank the wheel, no matter the car, the front tires lose grip before the rears, it's simple physics.
    Quit trying to act like it's the game's/dev's fault that you're a keyboard cat.

11. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Please read the post clearly before reply. I didn't say understeer is a bug.
    What I said is a suggestion, not a bug report. The BTW is a separate bug report of the TCS lack of brake control

12. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Oh really?

13. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Looks like my language is not polite enough, making me behave like a troll or what? I will try to be more polite on the discussions. Sorry if my previous posts offended others. Thanks for your reminder.

14. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

the badges still have 800 badges, so maybe that could be changed. but its a really awesome mod

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Well I'll stop saying about steering neutrality.
    When loss of traction, ESC/TCS IRL will reduce throttle and brake the spinning wheel at the same time.But in BeamNG, the TCS only reduce throttle. If you use the "All terrain ESC" in the ETK1300 and lift a drive wheel, you'll notice the spinning whell does not receive brake force.

16. RacerRobin24

RacerRobin24
    Expand Collapse

Oh. My Fleeping Goodness. Wow. Just. WOW!!!! I've got to say..that was absolutely fleeping incredible. Unbelieveable...are you sure you aren't a time-traveller in disguise...because that is..that is seriously good...that car...honestly, I'm gonna say it - Is good enough to be Official. No shtty J-Beam, no early bugs, physics feel good, crashes feel realistic. Seriously bud, (or lady) you have a realll chance of being in with a shot of having "Mod Of The Year"

17. TechERni

TechERni
    Expand Collapse

Just some suspension articulation with full lifted setting. Offroad tires and ETK 18x9" rims. 3.0 i6td what you think?? Should I post config.

18. Some guy writing comments

Some guy writing comments
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it should be like this:
    screenshot_2019-09-11_18-06-22.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. atomcrash07

atomcrash07
    Expand Collapse

Very good mod i always wanted a SUV in Beamng but there are little default that i hope that you can fix them:

For the version sport + the acceleration is a bit abrupt, the abs is triggered easily when braking modderement at high speed and the temperature rises and redescent quickly when accelerating

nice job, continue
    --- Post updated ---
    it will be cool if you can add manual transmition aswell

20. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Sorry but i'm a bit lost, you complain either to have a too realistic handling but a not enough realistic ESC / TC . I reformulate the handling behavior, in my point of view, the actual handling and balance is realistic , it's neutral at regular speed, and have a little of understeer when too fast or during an emergency situation (with ESC : on) . Without Esc or on Sport / All Terrain mode, the powerful models give what I consider enough oversteer to be fun to drive :)
    About the official Esc / Tc, it's not 100% realistic as we deliberately set them less harsh than IRL, and at some point we can't offer the same level of complexity.
    But overall, I can totally understand that the actual handling is not on your tastes, it has been set with my experience of driving, a steering wheel, my fov setting and so on to satisfy my expectations, and more important to me, Bernd and Overpower seem to be happy about the way it handle.
    It's really hard to satisfy everybody...

• Agree Agree x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice