1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

ETK 2400i

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Dec 10, 2012.

1. fanboyjj

fanboyjj
    Expand Collapse

murica

• Like Like x 1
  2. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

its not set anywhere, hasn't been confirmed anyway
    just USDM cars and a few us set maps don't necessarily mean its in the US

• Like Like x 7
  3. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

Or it could be everywhere:eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Actually, a developer (either tdev or gabester, can't remember which) said that Beam is supposed to be set in the USA.

5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Counterpoint: the French cop Sunburst (even if it was made in honor of the Paris attacks), the Ibishu Pigeon, Jungle Rock Island (if this was anywhere in the U.S., it would have to be a Caribbean or North Pacific territory, probably the former judging by the old fort). Throw in the moddability and it really could be anywhere.

6. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Bringing the thread back on topic (come on, guys), I'd like to say that this is the car I'm most looking forward to, since my actual car is pretty similar to it. Really would like to see multilink up front and wishbone rears on the AWD or a peasant torsion beam rear on FWD models. Multilink wasn't really offered by Audi until the mid 90s in the PL45 platform, but whatever.

As for engine options, a small displacement I6 is a solid idea, as is a turbo I5 (offered by Audi from the mid 70s up to about 1995) for the sport-oriented variants. Might also be possible to shoehorn a V8 in there à la RS4...

For lighting, foglights integrated into the headlight assembly was a thing, as was placing the rear foglight for export models on the respective driver side taillight. Going full Bauhaus on the coloured light covers can be a facelift thing.

Interior really should just be a shit tonne of woodgrain and buttons with illustrations that only make sense to men named Hans.

Also this thing:

tl;dr wet dream

• Like Like x 6
  7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

This is going to be FWD/AWD? God damnit, I was hoping RWD/AWD.

Also that interior comment made me chuckle *golf clap*

8. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Could also be RWD/AWD, was just spitballing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's RWD/AWD, and going in-game soon :)

• Like Like x 46
  10. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

That is wonderful to hear!

11. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

This, My father recently sold his 88 quattro 5000cs, so I have a heavy soft spot for this car to be in game, as i miss that car and would love an I5 German sports saloon.

**as a note once you eventually do get a sound engineer and start making sounds, if you do make an i5 (please dear god make one) take heavy note of the assetto corsa sound for the quattro, whoever did the sounds for that car did a fantastic job. Every time I drive that car in AC I even start smelling the leather- suede seats smell of my father's old 5000, because the engine sound is so similar to the car I feel like I am back in it... god I miss that car.

12. Daniel_M

Daniel_M
    Expand Collapse

Ha!
    So the ETK will likely be more comparable with a 5-Series/7-Series BMW, instead of a Audi A4 or something.
    Nice to know, and allways great to hear that it coming soon :rolleyes:

13. polak_12345

polak_12345
    Expand Collapse

What about ETK 856? Are you still working on it?

14. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

It's ingame, but it's unclear whether the ETK 856 will be released in 0.5.2 or not.

15. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Fun fact: most of the time you can tell if a front engined car is RWD or FWD. It the hood is stubby and short, it's FWD because transverse engine. It it's a long hood, it's almost always RWD, since the engine has to fit in longitudionnally. There are a few exeptions, like the Renault 4 which has a longitudional engine and FWD.

• Like Like x 3
  16. titleguy1

titleguy1
    Expand Collapse

A few other giveaways are when the front overhang is quite long on a FWD car, since it, as you said, must fit all of the parts into the front of the car. If the roof line begins behind the front wheels, it signifies a RWD for the same reasons as you mentioned.

17. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

What are you on about? The roof line on all of the official cars starts behind the front wheels.

18. titleguy1

titleguy1
    Expand Collapse

It's mostly design choice. If one would like to make the most of their space in a FWD car, they would start the roof line earlier than RWD car usually do. For reference, here's two similar and competitive cars; the BMW 2-Series and Audi A3; with lines representing the end of the wheel and the start of the windshield.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sebulba

Sebulba
    Expand Collapse

The BMW has the engine mounted longitudial and there are 4 and 6 cylinder choices, which need more space int he engine bay. The Audi only offers transversal mounted engines and with the actual MQB platform of the Audi they could produce a very compact frontend of the car.

20. coolbill14_ 2

coolbill14_ 2
    Expand Collapse

what about the
    ETK 856?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice