Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer mod

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Cwazywazy, May 16, 2014.

1. Turbosax2005

Turbosax2005
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the dsync is horrible now, it sucks having the limiter, not only for the dsync, but now it sucks if you get separated from a convoy, you won't be able to catch up without holding everyone up...

I'm not going to use speedhacks either, you are begging to get banned, don't like the limiter and still want to play the game? Do shorter trips, go from London to Paris for example instead of London to Torino or Bratislava. In the long run you might make MORE money, especially since some of the shorter trips seem to have a higher pay per mile then longer ones.

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

That sucks, i played 90% of the game with speed limiter and found the game was getting a bit unexciting after about 80 hours. So now i have it disabled, there is no way im going back to having it turned on. That sucks.

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Ever since I disabled it I've had like twice as many crashes lol

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I had one crash on the mp because of it. But i don't think it was my fault. Was on a country road a lorry decided to overtake another and pulled out into my lane causing me to swerve onto the grass (at 150kph) with no trailer i hit a bolard that launched me into the air and took out another lorry that was on the other side of the road. My computer bsod'ed 2 seconds after the crash so i couldn't see the aftermath.
    So i guess it was partly my fault, but i didn't cause the incident :p

5. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I have probably had many crashes due to going too fast. I'm getting better at slowing down for turns though. Plus the trailer stability thing in the update makes it a lot easier to not flip over.

6. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

dsync is horrible, someone dsyncd into me yesterday, ended up UNDER the map, with 100% damage because of it causing someone to ram into me, also if brake pads could wear out in ets2, because of the dsync mine would have had to be replaced 10 times now from how many times i went to stop because of someone suddenly teleporting in front of me from desync

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

It could just be me imagining things when i play the game but i think brakes do degrade. To me it has always seemed like my brakes are far more effective after i have been to get my lorry repaired. Could just be me though. When you go to a repair shop even if you have taken no damage you will find that your tyres will have been damaged due to general wear and tear.

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

If I crash because of speed, it's usually because I wasn't paying attention and come up on a group of slower traffic or something. I also have this weird glitch where the ai pretends I dont exist ad they'll merge into me and pull out in front of me. That+speed usually causes them.

9. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

Is it safe...I really dont want to sign in to steam on some random website for a mod..

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Considering how many poeople have done it and not had problems, yes. It's safe.

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You are not giving your steam login details to the mod makers. It will take you to a steam page to log in. Steam will give them some information such as your user name but nothing private. This is exactly the same as using google to log in to a service or face book to log in. Just always make sure that you only type your user name and password into an official steam web page.

So yeah, its safe. As long as you don't do something that the mod makers may want to tell steam about, aka vac banning you or similar. But you would probably have to be a total penis to do that.

12. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I am so angry right now.

I installed the new update and I was playing and having fun but then in a tunnel there were two blockers. i was right behind them and there was a bunch of people behind me. They started repeatedly ramming and yelling at me. They flipped my truck around to where i couldn't move out of their way.. Bunch of assholes. Now I can't even connect to the server. I dunno if I got banned or what, but I'm angry.

ets2_00103.png

Also, even though I have GameDVR turned off, Raptr keeps recording my gameplay. I should not have deleted it..

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well i do believe there may be a (very loosely enforced) no swearing rule.

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't say I was banned or kicked or anything.. Just lost connection..

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

To be completely honest im not sure how you would check, i guess try again tomorrow and if it still doesnt work perhaps you could contact a moderator or something similar (after checking out what their forums say).

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, after playing for a little while it seems that it sometimes connects for a second or two then disconnects.

17. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I want to try multiplayer.
    But idk what my steam key is, and the email the order was on it defunct.
    I'll stick to single player.

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

if its a dvd copy, its the serial number in the case.

19. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Bought it off the website over a year ago. Email used is long gone. :|

20. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

huh, so they limited us to 55, but i've found a place where i need to go faster then 55MPH, lol (i have my gps speed limit thingy set to MPH, so yes that is 75MPH it says the limit is)

ets2_00000.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice