Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer mod

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Cwazywazy, May 16, 2014.

1. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Yes that is correct. In the UK lorries are limited to 60mph meaning they cant reach the speed limit of 70mph on a motorway. So lorries drive at 60mph. But that isnt really the end of the story. In the UK there are different speed limits based on what type of vehicle you are driving. Im not entirely sure about the rest of Europe or America. But im going to assume that in certain areas of Europe the limiter needs to be at 55mph.

Here is some info: https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

A speed limit is just that, the maximum speed you are allowed to go. It is not the minimum or target speed, it is the upper limit. How people treat it of course is a different matter.

2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

also, talk about irony:

ets2_00001.png

3. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

I just used my code for ets2 from amazon and redeemed it on steam

- - - Updated - - -

Now i'm worried someone is going to ram my 100k truck once i install the multiplayer mod//

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If they do just revert back to the last autosave. They happen fairly frequently.

5. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

So they set a speed limit?

F*ck i never touch this mod again. I always drive about 100-120 Kmh.
    So i will only play again if they delete the speed limit!

6. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

on the euro truck simulator 2 mp installation what is *Register etsmp:// protocol

- - - Updated - - -

I see no other people on the servers..

- - - Updated - - -

I see no other people on the servers..

7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I'm the type of guy that can start up ets2, and get in 2 minor accidents before I've even driven for 20 minutes.
    But involved merging and smaller cars.
    One of which would not have happened if the ai didn't ignore me. :|
    I was merging from the right to the middle lane, and about halfway through the merge, a car whipped into the middle lane from the left, and slammed into the side of my trailer.
    The other time I was merging from the middle to the right lane and a car was hanging out right under my passenger side door. There was too much going on ahead in traffic for me to take the time to look at all of the blind spot mirrors. Quickly checked the wing mirror then moved over. Of course the only time I don't check the blind spot mirrors is when there's a car there.
    Then I got into a slightly more serious accident a while later, but thats cause I was trying to talk on irc while speeding with a heavy, oversized load at night.

#167 Potato, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  8. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I absolutely hate the AI in single player.. Multiplayer is more fun, but the limiter really just makes it a lot less fun. If anything, it's increased the amount of ramming. There's like no one on the ETS2 MP forums that's in favor of the limiter the way it is so I don't know why the devs don't just abandon the idea of forcing everyone to drive 55MPH.

9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

But. It can't be like this on all of them.
    I mean, if there are two lanes merging into one, and there's a car beside me, he'll just merge into me like I'm not there, then I get charged for hitting him. Its absolutely terrible. Cars completely ignore my turn signals, and don't slam on the brakes like they used to if I accidentally merge over on them.
    It's like I'm not there, and it's been that way since the big update that "improved" the ai.
    There's gotta be something wrong on my end. No way they'd let it be that terrible.

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

After that update I noticed sometimes the ai would react if i put my blinker on or something but whenever they crash into my truck and I get charged I get pretty angry. Sometimes if my truck gets damaged I hunt down the ai and murder them.

Anyway, I was driving around in the EU server waiting to see if it would stay connected for more than 3 seconds and this happened when i went around a corner at like 30MPH. I didn't know that if you hit the curb your vehicle would completely flip over.

ets2_00106.jpg

11. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

Stuff like this always happens in rotterdam... 2014-08-22_00001.jpg

-

- - - Updated - - -

Lags so much in rotterdam on multiplayer..(so much people there)

12. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

Looks like they added 2 more servers:Europe#2 Freeroam and United States#2 Freeroam

13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Where do you report other people? These two cunts ambushed me on a quiet section off road, they blocked me and rammed me into a barrier, a bit down the road were blocking the road waiting to ambush someone else so I just smashed through their road block , then when I stopped to report them ingame for the 20th time I saw them coming up behind me so I started to drive off but because they were doing 90km/h they soon caught up then rammed me over a barrier. piechu15 was the main offender.
    ets2_00043.png
    ets2_00044.png This pic displays how much damage they did

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Well, I just realized that there's a new update for it. You can imagine the crushing disappointment that I suffered when I realized that the 55MPH limiter was still in effect.

15. Turbosax2005

Turbosax2005
    Expand Collapse

The devs have added a 3rd server, EU#2, that server has no collisions and no speedlimiter, they have said that is all they are going to do in regards to the limiter.

16. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

No collisions? Aw. That's half the fun.

17. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

this mod turned real pussy and gay really fast

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

Imho, they should just release server files and let people run there own servers with there own preferences

Sent from the 3rd galaxy via the talks of tapping

19. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Don't you just love convoys?

(imported from here)

(imported from here)

20. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Have they updated to 1.14 yet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice