1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

everything has changed since i've been here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zachdude777, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Well since i'm here because someone was so nice as to mention me here I guess i'll put what I think too.
    I think that the forums have changed a lot in the past few months and especially in the past few weeks. And from what I heard it's changed a lot from last year too. Some of the things that I noticed is an increase in trolls. Lately we have been having one every other week, with sometimes multiple a week (including the random Ivan attacks). There is also a lot of hate. Mostly to new modders but some for other people too. There have also been some harassment to certain members and the sharing of some people’s private information. This resulted in direct_UA and Are thirty two being banned. Inertia was also banned for another incident outside of the forums. Also a lot of members leaving. One of them being Dummiesman. But there have also been a lot of members returning (Fera, Vinh, AR162B, and others). I have also noticed a lot of flame wars regarding many different things. There is a lot more but this is all I feel like typing for now.

2. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

the only reason any of you think anything is different is because the absolute quantity of members has increased, meaning the absolute quantity of "bad" things have increased

you remember bad experiences, not good ones

relatively, nothing has changed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

Kids.. Too many kids. It's like when I look back at my posts on forums from when I was a kid and go "what an annoying lil douche I was". Same thing basically, just the nature of the beast. This is turning into one of the most realistic driving simulators, but its always been the most realistic "crash simulator". Crashing, school buses, and role playing selling used beamng cars goes hand in hand. Did with Rigs of Rods, hasn't changed. The more kids there are being lil douch bags the less adults can take this game and forum seriously, the less stick around. I personally have given up on this community, but I still play the hell outta BeamNG because nothing using the ol scripting magic physics systems does it for me anymore. So I just race and drive alone in this wonderful physics playground. Wish the devs had a more serious tone and pandered to kids a bit less, by for example not allowing kids to upload a bunch of no skill crap to the repository etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I really don't understand the hate for "kids"... Yeah there's definitely a number of very annoying younger members, but they are annoying in an at best "just laugh at the lack of logic" or at worst "facepalm" way. Some members that have been picked on for being "kids" aren't actually that young and contribute more than many "older" members who tend to just be obnoxious. Yeah there are some strange low quality mods by younger members, but what's the big deal. If you don't like the mods then they are easy to ignore. At least those younger ones are doing something instead of begging, as many of you asked them to. Also, they can at least make a low quality mod, which is more than I can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Same with flippi...

6. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Exactly. The drama hasn't changed either. I wasn't around in the early days, but enough of the threads are still here to see that there were plenty of fights and arguments. Several Holland threads are a great example of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. FaizMAS118

FaizMAS118
    Expand Collapse

I just realize everything change now...it was better before

8. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

Oh please, these forums only stayed pristine for a single year; and that was just because Beam wasn't actually released yet. The only new cancerous thing I've noticed are all these idiotic roleplay threads. I hated them back in the RoR days, I hate them now.

Really, the only difference since you left is that people stopped bitching about the RoR forums and started bitching about these forums.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

where is the fun

where is the enjoyment

I don't understand

it's not even like it's DnD

also get your stupid group posts out of my actual forum feed ok

those threads make me wanna die more than usual

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I think most people are overreacting. They expect too much from this forum, while it is an ordinary internet forum with ordinary trolls and retards.
    The only thing I'd like to see is more strict repository rules that won't allow stuff like "HodlilaY kerr cOnfiGg" or "insanly fast sleeper pesma".

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

At least joshtheawesome isn't here anymore...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

To be honest a filter option for the "Mods" section would be nice. I'm kinda tired of going there and seeing page after page of 5 minute skins and configs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Well, you can go to Land Vehicles or Mods of Mods categories if you don't want to see endless skins and configs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice