1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Extremly low FPS although my PC should be good enough

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by ► D A G O ◄, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Wypoor

Wypoor
    Expand Collapse

Temperature is OK. I tried play Scenerio Full Circuit there is Moonhawk, I had 15 FPS... on LOWEST oO. I cant use this Truck, when I choose I have similar FPS. Usage going on all 6 cores. I dont know what is this, maybe some problem with AMD FX detect. I haven't so big problem on this CPU. :( I even suppose that I could... :( I see that for now I can't use BeamNG Drive.

19FPS.jpg

I put in google: 'problem with fps in BeanNG Drive' and I know now that is popular topic. This game is totaly unoptimized. So, I just wasted two evenings looking for not existing solution...

#21 Wypoor, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. ► D A G O ◄

► D A G O ◄
    Expand Collapse

The temperatures are around 40°C,so everything is ok there and nothing about the clock-speed seems different to other games. It's hard to tell because I am not really having lag, just overall low FPS where the clock-speed isn't changing too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I will wait for a few more days, but I think that a refund from Steam is my only option right now. I really don't see how the problem could still be on my side with every other game working perfectly.

3. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

That's because for all intents and purposes, the FX 6300/6350 is a tricore to BeamNG or any other application involving lots of decimal math. FX series chips only have one floating point (decimal) arithmetic unit per two cores.

There's also a difference between unoptimized and demanding. BeamNG is incredibly optimized, the only catch is it's also demanding. Unoptimized software has no good reason for using lots of resources or using resources ineffectively. BNG both uses resources effectively and has good reason for using lots of resources. 2,000 physics steps per second, with thousands of calculations to run in each of those steps, is a huge task. The fact it even runs on consumer grade hardware is a miracle of programming.

As for the 2500k guy, yeah, that shouldn't be happening. At least not with cars like the D15 or Covet. You might have problems with the T75 on that hardware.

For reference, I play BNG on both systems in my flair, which have similar CPUs to both of yours.

EDIT: Press "J" to pause the physics. If your FPS goes up it's a problem on the CPU side. If it doesn't it's a GPU issue.

#23 pulley999, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I dubt a 'few' days would help.
    It is pretty hard to solve this kind of issue especially since it seems to be totally random.
    2 people can have the same GPU and yet one is experiencing the issue (Saw reports with GTX970, which I use without issue).
    It could be something Drivers or OS related, but nobody ever specified this.

I'm not sure, but maybe you can give this a look:
    http://www.beamng.com/threads/15997...-Level-Load-Troubleshooting-Volunteers-needed
    Perhaps it could be useful to create a small task-group of the people experiencing this issue so we can see what's in common and not between them (hardware/OS wise..)
    If you PM Luis, specify it's because of the FPS issue, and not the Black Screen or CTD.

5. ► D A G O ◄

► D A G O ◄
    Expand Collapse

I'm not expecting to fix the issue within a few days, but I will not keep the game if I can't fix it before my refund option expires. I would really like to support you guys and I am not blaming you, but I won't pay 20€ for a game that I can't play.

6. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Stupid thought, but one none the less. Is the display you are using plugged into your GPU, or are you using the integrated graphics?

Also, make sure that your GPU has proper clock speeds. Sometimes my GPU will limit itself to 600 MHz for no reason whatsoever. If your clock is being limited, try doing a clean install of the drivers.

7. ► D A G O ◄

► D A G O ◄
    Expand Collapse

I am not using the integrated graphics, everything is set up right and my GPU clock speeds are normal as well.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I understand your feelings and it's perfect understandable that you may choose a refund if this doesn't get fixed.

Meanwhile, it's suggested to try to wipe and reinstall the graphic drivers (Worth a try):
    - Download and run this tool : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
    - Use the 'Clean and Restart' option
    - Download a fresh copy of the Nvidia Drivers from the Nvidia website
    - Install and restart PC
    - Check if BeamNG works properly.

9. ► D A G O ◄

► D A G O ◄
    Expand Collapse

I will try that tommorow. Thank you for your help so far :)

10. hippocrit

hippocrit
    Expand Collapse

I'm running an R9 Fury and an i7 920 @ 3.88 GHz with 12 GB RAM. I'm seeing about 25 fps at most. Hitting 'J', i see no difference which indicates it is not a CPU issue.
    My CPU gets to a maximum of 40% useage, while my GPU spikes all over the place as shown in the image provided. My temps remain good, and I see no other issues in other games.
    I have the latest 15.8 AMD drivers and am running Windows 10.

Attached Files:

• lag.jpg
  11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Follow the same procedure on post #28, but with AMD drivers.

12. hippocrit

hippocrit
    Expand Collapse

ok, I uninstalled the drivers and installed the new ones again, and also completely removed BeamNG and reinstalled (I have no mods). I'm experiencing the same issue.

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is weird. I've replied to your Steam thread aswell, please check it.
    Also, see if you can send your game logs.
    You can find them in 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive/'beamng.log'

14. hippocrit

hippocrit
    Expand Collapse

Here's the log file. Thanks for the help! I know it's weird, but I don't want to take away from other work you may be focusing on. There's no rush to fix my problem.

Attached Files:

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for your patience, but we wish to solve this issues ASAP, it's no fun not being able to play with the game you purchased :)
    I checked the log, nothing strange in there.
    Something here is missing. I will soon start a comparison sheet between all the user having this issue to compare Specs, OS, whatever and see if there is a pattern or something..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice