1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Failed to init content path

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by aidavrich, Jul 1, 2021.

1. aidavrich

aidavrich
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I haven't played BeamNG in a couple of months and updated the game to the latest version to check it out, when I started it up I was greeted with this error.
    I did some searching and think it has something to do with the 0.22 update in which the User folder path was moved from Documents to AppData. I tried changing the folder location in startup.ini to the one now found in AppData and I still got the error message. I've verified my game files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, unhidden AppData, deleted all BeamNG related files and reinstalled the game again to start fresh, still nothing. I'm not sure what to do and would like some help, am I on the right track?

Attached Files:

• error.jpg
  2. Carl Jacobsson

Carl Jacobsson
    Expand Collapse

I have no help to offer but i'm facing the same issue

I can confirm it is related to 0.23 since i play regularly and it worked this weekend.

I'm unable to start the game in safe mode, clear cache or get a support id since this is a launcher crash, not a game crash

3. Carl Jacobsson

Carl Jacobsson
    Expand Collapse

Managed to solve the issue: Disable windows controlled folder access (a windows security setting)

4. aidavrich

aidavrich
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help, I don't get that error now but now I'm getting a new error "Failed to create user directory". I'll have to make another thread since it's a different issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice