Outdated Fairhaven, USA a Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 Port

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Car_Killer, Jan 21, 2024.

Tags:
  1. OSTAN5000

    OSTAN5000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2018
    Messages:
    50
    I'd LOVE to see an import of Redview County. It'd be the best game map import for road trips besides The Crew and American Truck Simulator.
     
  2. Izukuro

    Izukuro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2025
    Messages:
    317
    ngl even JUST Grand Peak Drive would be nice
     
  3. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    Honestly, I agree. Someday.
     
  4. 2014FordMustang

    2014FordMustang
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2026
    Messages:
    53
    upload_2026-9-19_10-47-11.png Wonder if there will be a port of palm city from nfs heat one day
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    So many ideas spawning out, who knows where to start at.
     
  6. Mysterious Unknown

    Mysterious Unknown
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2026
    Messages:
    291
    I am so sorry if this is answered somewhere in the thread, I haven't found it and kinda don't feel like sifting through this massive thread list. Anyway, I can't seem to turn off the ambient music for this map. Is there any specific way I should be doing this? I've tried a couple things, but they don't seem to work. Thanks!
    --- Post updated ---
    Also is there a way to completely disable the crash canyon? I don't really want it for my purposes
     
  7. Multi-Task Drone

    Multi-Task Drone
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2025
    Messages:
    42
    Since CK has said that his manager menu does not work in 0.39 (so you cannot manually stop the music), I'd just enter the mod and delete all the audio files. They're in one of the subfolders of "art", if I recall - though you shouldn't have much trouble finding them.

    Do you refer to the crash camera? Well, if you do (since you also cannot disable it in the game), I'd do the same thing: delete the files. Beam already has one built-in anyway.

    Though I do not know where are the files stored, so you're going to have to dig a little. They're not in "content", though - that's where the map itself is. It's in one of the other too.

    TLdR: Delete both things.
     
  8. Mysterious Unknown

    Mysterious Unknown
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2026
    Messages:
    291
    Okay, thank you!
     
  9. Mysterious Unknown

    Mysterious Unknown
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2026
    Messages:
    291
    I've tried deleting what I believe are the audio and lua files for the music and the lua file for the crash camera, but doing that makes it so that I cannot load Fairhaven at all. I can load into other maps, just not Fairhaven. I hope this issue could get rectified in the near future
     
  10. Multi-Task Drone

    Multi-Task Drone
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2025
    Messages:
    42
    It will according to CK (he wants to properly fix all his maps post-0.39), but until then...
    That's odd, though. Now I want to try the map, see if I manage to do something.

    If I do, I'll let you know.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    Of course it's not just the UI that's all brokey, but even the plates are kinda screwed over.
     
  12. 2014FordMustang

    2014FordMustang
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2026
    Messages:
    53
    Yeah the text on them are small
     
  13. Car_Killer

    Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    Technical Artist / QA
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2013
    Messages:
    1,785
    Marked as outdated as no-one checks the thread where I state that map needs an update T_T
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 2014FordMustang

    2014FordMustang
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2026
    Messages:
    53
    Are you serious right now?
     
  15. Multi-Task Drone

    Multi-Task Drone
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2025
    Messages:
    42
    I mean, it makes sense.
     
  16. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    I was aware of that, just that you hadn't shared much progress since it was released.
     
  17. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    Don't know if the same could be said for Seacrest
     
  18. RedSmokeFZW YT

    RedSmokeFZW YT
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2019
    Messages:
    1,262
    Who knows, he could be secretly working behind the scenes to fix the map without anyone knowing.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice