FFB disabled when losing focus

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Chat's7, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

Hi !

I think most people who play with a steering wheel have noticed it. When you switch windows with ALt-TAB or just by clicking elsewhere on your desktop, Beamng loses focus.

But when you come back into the game, sometimes and randomly, the steering wheel will no longer have a FFB. Even going into the settings and doing Enable / Disable won't change anything. The only way to find the FFB is to restart the game.

This happens when the game is in full screen, and while returning to the game the screen refreshes by making black screens.

It's still minor, I understand, you're going to tell me not to do anything else while I'm playing, but I find it necessary to be notified, it's probably not a big deal :p

2. Trippychris

Trippychris
    Expand Collapse

I have not experienced any loss in ffb, I believe there's even a setting for that. I do come to a complete stop or J pause when alt tabbing.

Just checked and yes, "Allow controller input and force feedback when window focus is lost" in options/others..

I have however noticed, since last update, there will be times when my wheel will misalign with in-game wheel. Tends to happen when alt tabbing or after changing a part/vehicle, but a simple R reset fixes it.

3. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Switch the game to borderless mode, disable v-sync & see if that still happens

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice